UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The latest podcast is now available.

I didn't write down the notes for what the Q&A segment covered but a few things cropped up before that:
  • They spent the first 20 minutes covering Viceland for those interested.
  • My question regarding HIDIVE was covered. Andrew didn't seem keen on Azumanga Daioh as a good 'if that helps' example (haha). The irony of all this is that Jeremy did a shout out for the Anime UK News article, not knowing that it was actually written by the same person who asked the question (hint: myself). But cheers Jeremy for noticing me!
  • The Q3 line-up has been revealed.

3rd July
    --- Fairy Tail Part 16*

10th July
    --- Attack on Titan Junior High* (DVD version)

31st July
    --- Psycho-Pass The Movie (standard edition Blu-ray)
    --- Charlotte Part 2
    --- Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2*
    --- Daimidaler: Prince vs. Penguin Empire*
    --- Barakamon*

7th August
    --- The Anthem of the Heart (standard DVD version only)

14th August
    --- Escaflowne The Movie (standard edition Blu-ray)
    --- Heavy Object Part 2*

28th August
    --- Sword of the Stranger
    --- Tokyo Ghoul "Jack" and "Pinto"
    --- Momotaro, Sacred Sailors
    --- Fairy Tail Part 17*

TBC Summer 2017
    --- Durarara!! x2 - The Second Arc: TEN
    --- Erased Part 1
    --- Martian Successor Nadesico

25th September
    --- GANGSTA.
    --- Castle Town Dandelion
    --- Fairy Tail Part 18*

*Funimation titles
In addition Daimidaler has been officially rated 18 uncut for strong sex and nudity. Those pesky penguins.

Timestamps for those who are interested
  • (00:03:45) Anime on TV
  • (00:20:55) HIDIVE (Hedevay)
  • (00:25:35) The Keepers on NETFLIX
  • (00:28:30) Random chatter
  • (00:29:55) A®se Blasters
  • (00:30:15) Seagulls
  • (00:31:30) Never invite Andrew
  • (00:35:10) New releases
  • (00:37:30) Q3 Preview
  • (00:43:45) Q3 Personal Highlights
  • (00:46:10) Q&A
    • (00:51:00) "We actually give a ****"
  • (01:06:20) Team Anime Limited anime watching limited anime segment anime: Sakura Quest
  • (01:14:00) Closing

Last edited:
Looking at that confirmed Q3 lineup I'm only getting Sword of the Stranger tbh. I mean ERASED is a maybe depending on price and while Martian Successor Nadesico and Durarara!!x2 TEN are 100% buys, they're not confirmed for Q3 it would seem.

*Actually, isn't there supposed to be some Gundam in that Q3 lineup?

Last edited:
First off, thanks for answering my question :)

Momotaro: 100+ page booklet & Jonathon Clements involved? I'm even more in. I'm mega interested in this film from a historical stand point so to know we have such an accompanying booklet is grand :D

Only really Erased im interested in from that list. I see my cloak of invisibility hasn't worn off when it comes to Anime Limited. Was hoping for some update on Rokka and Dimension W

I wonder wich master of Gangsta AL version will use.
Because of the mess in the production (studio Manglobe bankruptcy) some editors (French and German for example) used the TV masters, not the home video master, because the production of the home video release in Japan was stopped back then.
I suppose it will be the Funimation discs, but is anyone has checked that version?

First off, thanks for answering my question :)

Momotaro: 100+ page booklet & Jonathon Clements involved? I'm even more in. I'm mega interested in this film from a historical stand point so to know we have such an accompanying booklet is grand :D

I think 100+ pages would make it a 'proper' book!

Some stuff I'd like to see included:

"Talk about "Momotaro Umi no Shinpei"
by Mitsuyo SEO, Osamu TEZUKA, Takuya MORI, Emiko OKADA, Goro SUGIMOTO, and more

Takahata article

Essay by Osamu Tezuka

and if you could get a Japanese critic like Eiji Otsuka (who has a book with a chapter on it) to contribute something that'd be fantastic. I would definitely be more interested in reading contemporary Japanese opinions than Western critics anyway.

Looking at that confirmed Q3 lineup I'm only getting Sword of the Stranger tbh. I mean ERASED is a maybe depending on price and while Martian Successor Nadesico and Durarara!!x2 TEN are 100% buys, they're not confirmed for Q3 it would seem.

*Actually, isn't there supposed to be some Gundam in that Q3 lineup?

Nadesico and DRRx2 are in Q3 too, just haven't been listed yet on the podcast list until approvals pass there :).

AP

I don't know if this is just me, but I just watched the Bluray of Anthem of the Heart, and every time more than 1 subtitle is on the screen (which happens a lot in this film, especially with the translations of text message conversations) the subtitles disappear and reappear a moment later.

So I'd like to get Belladonna Of Sadness but I'm in a bad financial position atm. So how long until Anime Limited stops production of BDs of it since knowing my luck by the time I can afford it, they will have made it OOP

Back