UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think that question pops into most gundam fans minds right now but to tell you the truth I'm afraid to ask........

I feel the opposite, the more it's anticipated (or not), the more i ask, ask and ask again ahaha. I just want all of UC era Gundam on my shelf in art boxes - the dream will come one day!

I thought the new Zeta films nullify ZZ and CCA anyways, so i'm not gonna wait for it, then end up not watching what was originally meant to come after

The Zeta films are basically a what if alternative to the show. Some interviews suggest they exist partly because Tomino needed money and had to consent to redoing a proven success rather than a whole new project. The Western fanbase awkwardly insists they retcon UC history but this isn't true, hence the title. Much like the various Tomino written novels that do things Sunrise wouldn't let him, the films are just an alternative spin on Zeta and in particular address the dark nature of the story that Tomino says he never cared for.

Here's a 7 year old review I wrote of the BEI release. I think it's interesting if you're a fan but not essential. "Zeta Gundam: A New Translation": I'm Not Sure, But I Think He Said He's Happy - ToonZone News

So are the jp zeta movie bluray imports like the following just an upscale?

機動戦士Zガンダム -星を継ぐ者- [Blu-ray]:Amazon.co.jp:DVD

Huh, my bad there is a Blu-ray version then. Honestly had no idea.

In any case, prior to Sunrise offering BDs for every Gundam for Nozomi there were a few subtitled only sets that were made DVD only and Zeta films were one of them. Anime Limited could make it happen but the chances are fairly low at this point (perhaps a 300 unit LE could work I guess).

So are the jp zeta movie bluray imports like the following just an upscale?
Dunno about the new animated footage, but the film footage was sourced from the 2001 DVD master with noise reduction and a fake grain plate added. The DVD master footage was scanned from film elements god knows how many generations away from the original negative. The TV series Blu-ray was sourced from scan of a new interpositive film print struck from the original 16mm negative.

So I take it we aren't getting BF or Turn A this year?

Sorry, I appreciate this just comes off as whining but that's basically a quarter of a year wasted with nothing until September, assuming it doesn't get delayed again.

I know AL have been getting a lot of flack lately but.... *sigh*

Sorry, I appreciate this just comes off as whining but that's basically a quarter of a year wasted with nothing until September, assuming it doesn't get delayed again.

This is why I import the Gundam series. So far I own GBF and GBFT and am planning to import Turn A, 08th MS Team, 0080 War In the Pocket and Gundam Wing in the future.
I usually like AL but they Gundam releases are way too slow for my taste

I have half of Turn A, I will get pt2 soon and I plan to import Origin,TB and Wing
Good move
By the time we get all of the Gundam shows it will be 2020 LOL.

I hope AL can make a sub company where they can only focus on Gundam DVD/BLU Ray UK releases

Andrew did suggest on twitter that Thunderbolt may see a summer release.

Bandai don't usually sell Gunpla - they usually sell Power Rangers stuff among others.

Also re Gundam, yeah that is a big gap. Still disappointed about how far we've fallen behind TRSI and we won't catch up until the next decade it seems :/.

Back