UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Wonder what sales figures are like for 4k in the UK in general, 4k anime is almost a niche of a niche. But would also be interested to know! Might push me to look into a player...
Would absolutely buy a 4K release of this. (OK I was going to buy a 1080p one anyway).

I'm already up to ~15 films in my 4k collection (and I don't even have the TV to play them yet :). Gotta future proof my collection!)

@anime_andrew With the news about Your Name today showing the Japanese Home Video release is English friendly. Will AL try and source the 4K BD for the Your Name UE?
Damn, I hope Anime Limited have a firm, reasonable release date by the time this comes out in Japan as I'm not convinced I can wait....that said I have no interest in an UE anyway, I do have the UK CE ordered at £20 though so may end up with both.

@anime_andrew With the news about Your Name today showing the Japanese Home Video release is English friendly. Will AL try and source the 4K BD for the Your Name UE?

Would love to - am waiting for a material delivery list now so can't comment yet though :).

As for release date from folks asking, we're not quite done with theatrical yet (more to follow at MCM London) but it'll be out on Homevideo no later than end of January 2018 :). I'd like to think within 2017 but it all depends on some discussion alas!

Best,

AP

Damn, I hope Anime Limited have a firm, reasonable release date by the time this comes out in Japan as I'm not convinced I can wait....that said I have no interest in an UE anyway, I do have the UK CE ordered at £20 though so may end up with both.

We'd love to have but our holdback puts us further than we'd like to be so we're negotiating to close that gap by a fair bit, ditto on working out what we can include in the set.

Basically when you have a placeholder listing you're better waiting until you have more info set up before updating everything again :). That way people get more info in one shot :)

Best,

AP

We'd love to have but our holdback puts us further than we'd like to be so we're negotiating to close that gap by a fair bit, ditto on working out what we can include in the set.

Basically when you have a placeholder listing you're better waiting until you have more info set up before updating everything again :). That way people get more info in one shot :)

Best,

AP
That's fair enough, I understand that it's out of your hand and if you could release it next month you would but I won't pretend that I'm not gonna import it at this point because I most likely will now I know it's English friendly, but at £20 I'll most likely end up with both.

That's fair enough, I understand that it's out of your hand and if you could release it next month you would but I won't pretend that I'm not gonna import it at this point because I most likely will now I know it's English friendly, but at £20 I'll most likely end up with both.

How much is the JP import? Considering how long the wait of AL's release is, i'd quite like to rewatch it again if the JP set is a decent price.

How much is the JP import? Considering how long the wait of AL's release is, i'd quite like to rewatch it again if the JP set is a decent price.
JP set? Decent price? ha you're a funny guy.

Honestly I'm not sure as there seems to be a lot of different versions available, they seem to range from around £28 to around £90 (not including taxes and shipping) but I have no idea what is what yet. I'm sure someone else would be able to help you out though.

I have the Japanese CE with Amazon bonus items preordered, mostly because I loved the movie and want to rewatch it again, and the CE looks great. Also, a part of me doesn't expect a UK release within the next year once you factor in the usual production delays. AL always start off with good intentions and then delays wear us down to the point of constant frustration.

I do still have the UK CE release preordered, and I'll be keeping that preorder to support the UK release and finally try the dub. I'd prefer a UE though.

I have the Japanese CE with Amazon bonus items preordered, mostly because I loved the movie and want to rewatch it again, and the CE looks great. Also, a part of me doesn't expect a UK release within the next year once you factor in the usual production delays. AL always start off with good intentions and then delays wear us down to the point of constant frustration.

I do still have the UK CE release preordered, and I'll be keeping that preorder to support the UK release and finally try the dub. I'd prefer a UE though.

Re the release, time will tell but a film doesn't tend to have that same issue and when you have the sheer volume of pre-orders we do on Amazon alone, I can guarantee you any delays are not going to be a thing there. Once we pull the date forwards it'll be that set in for a film like Your Name. Ditto with A Silent Voice - once the date is pulled forwards, that'll be it for real :).

So as I said before, no later than end of January 2018, hoping for before Christmas. Depends on a few points.

AP

I don't know if this have been asked and answered before?

Now that AL will be releasing Black Butler season 3 any chance AL will also be releasing Black Butler season 1, 2, OVA and movie and so on?

Back