UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

My YLIA replacement box has a big dent in it as does Part 1 though not as bad :(

I wasn't worried as I figured the last box wasn't too tight so I'll put the new Part 1 inside the old box but yeah they made both boxes bigger (makes sense after I thought about it) so I can't do that as the new Part 1 is too big for the old box.

Mine just turned up, luckily it's undented but there wasn't much by means of protection for the set

Mine just turned up, luckily it's undented but there wasn't much by means of protection for the set

Agreed - noticed that AL seem to have moved to card board mailers for new releases now. That was one reason I swapped across all my AL orders to their webstore as the packaging was better (and more care taken) than Amazon (as well as price).

Might need to reassess that decision if these mailers are the new "normal". :(

Jeremy just made me repack it for shots and yeah it is thin, just fits and no bubble protection so a slight knock could easily damage it. And TNT I heard horror stories about.

Agreed - noticed that AL seem to have moved to card board mailers for new releases now. That was one reason I swapped across all my AL orders to their webstore as the packaging was better (and more care taken) than Amazon (as well as price).

It is normal from now on, you can blame MVM for that as they have changed their shipping materials.

This is not related to our own fulfilment at all for our store and is being handled by our actual main warehouse for stock overall so afraid no link to our normal there :). Our shop remains committed to delivering the best possible experience as always though :).

Best,

AP

I was pleased when I got a thin mailer the other day (YLiA part 2) as it fit through my letterbox for once! But then I guess I'd have been less happy if it was bashed up. Wouldn't it be nice if couriers were a little more gentle? :(

R

Is it those wraparound corrugated cardboard packages we're talking about? My copy of The Case of Hana & Alice arrived in mint condition thanks to being sent inside one of those, whereas my copy of Expelled from Paradise has a bashed corner because all the air pockets of one corner of its bubble mailer got burst in transit.

So, based on that (admittedly only one) experience, I like the corrugated mailers.

Is it those wraparound corrugated cardboard packages we're talking about? My copy of The Case of Hana & Alice arrived in mint condition thanks to being sent inside one of those, whereas my copy of Expelled from Paradise has a bashed corner because all the air pockets of one corner of its bubble mailer got burst in transit.

So, based on that (admittedly only one) experience, I like the corrugated mailers.

Not my experience I'm afraid - the corrugated mailers are a lesser choice than the boxes being used before which is why I switched.

New newswire is up on the AL blog if anyone hasn't seen it.

Edit: picked up their Persona 3 part 3 early bird. Went through my old emails and found another £5 off voucher code for a zeta delay so managed to get it for £14.99.

Early Birds + Vouchers = Bargains :)

Last edited:
So I received Zeta Gundam part 2 today - placed the amaray and booklet into the art box and now I can't get them out again. Thanks, AL.

Zeta part 2 arrived yesterday.

It's fun to look at art books and see which characters you match height with. I'm the same height as Char.

Guess that explains the political paranoia.

It would be a bit dodgy to purchase it off Ebay and then also benefit from the replacement under the circumstances - it might be someone's old copy (even though we were asked not to circulate them) and so AL might be out of pocket twice over. Unless you bought it ages ago and the original seller can sort their proof of purchase for you.

R

@anime_andrew With the news about Your Name today showing the Japanese Home Video release is English friendly. Will AL try and source the 4K BD for the Your Name UE?
Wonder what sales figures are like for 4k in the UK in general, 4k anime is almost a niche of a niche. But would also be interested to know! Might push me to look into a player...

Back