UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Sent the e-mail.

Had 2 e-mails back. This was from 16th January.
"Thank you for contacting us about the delivery of Personalized Scroll.

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received this part.

I have escalated this to our Operations team to investigate and we will aim to get back in touch within 24-48 hours with an update.

Thank you for your patience."

48 hours later....nothing

My Claymore set is finally here. Very impressed with the set in general, it's right up there with the Outlaw star collection in terms of quality. I hope we get some more older titles released like this in the future. I'd love AL to rescue Gosick and do a nice set.

Hello Josh Stevens,

Thank you for placing order [REDACTED] with us.

I am extremely sorry to advise that due to a courier issue, there has been a unforeseen delay in the delivery of your personalised scroll from your Fullmetal Alchemist - Ultimate Edition.

Due to this, we are currently arranging for a replacement personalised scroll to be dispatched to you. This will be dispatched to you on or before 3rd February.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
zavvi.com Customer Service Team

That emphasis on "replacement" :/. This is ridiculous to be honest; people who pre-ordered with Anime Limited directly received theirs at release and now, we likely won't be receiving them until a minimum of 3 months after release. At least Zavvi clearly accept responsibility in this email though - so I can't be too angry with AL; I'll just have to join the queue of people with gripes about Zavvi.

Last edited:
That emphasis on "replacement" :/. This is ridiculous to be honest; people who pre-ordered with Anime Limited directly received theirs at release and now, we likely won't be receiving them until a minimum of 3 months after release. At least Zavvi clearly accept responsibility in this email though - so I can't be too angry with AL; I'll just have to join the queue of people with gripes about Zavvi.
To be fair, people that ordered from Anime Limited directly didn't even receive their release on release.

Same email here. Has anyone actually received their scroll from Zavvi? What sort of "courier issue" results in hundreds of deliveries needing to be replaced? Were they all on the same van and it went off a cliff? Were they all accidentally addressed to /dev/null?

CIPjOJ6l.jpg

French Gundam delays

15th Feb- 0079 Trilogy
22nd Feb- Zeta 1
8th March Zeta 2

I'm sure the UK delays won't be far behind.

0079 - In fairness here - that 0079 date is unlikely - but as soon as we have discs into print I will list the title on our shop so you'll have shortened time til you get it and an attractive price (other listings should go up around the same time). We've learned from our mistakes with Gundam there so are not going to waste your time with placeholder dates anymore where we should be focussing on getting Gundam ready.

Zeta Part 1 - 20th is accurate and stock will come in sooner obviously so shop orders will go out ASAP in this case.

Zeta Part 2 - Waiting on check discs for Zeta 2 before I confirm if we're likely to hit or not, will be tight so if it slips, it won't be by much.

Seeing is believing etc so it's perfectly fair to wait and see, but boy can I not express how relieved we are to be getting this out the door!

Best,

AP

Back