UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Sometimes you can't help this kind of thing, Belladonna may be a wee bit after that too so Breath of the Wild play may be uninterrupted after all! Chasing down something cool for it I saw in the French release...

Best,

AP
It had better not be the French subtitles. Those things add far too long a delay onto UK releases.

Zeta Part 2 will not be super far behind, Movie Trilogy around same time, ZZ starts up after. Looking to do some English only ones too in between to get things moving again :)

AP

Sounds good, I assumed the Zeta thing was an isolated case, rather than the future norm for Gundam releases (although I'm sure they'll still be subject to the mandatory UK anime delays, but that's normally just one delay a piece...) Really looking forward to ZZ in proper quality on my TV within the next year...

The French release of Belladonna does look gorgeous...

61db2SWPrfL.jpg

I wonder if its the soundtrack CD? I know it had a vinyl release here recently but I don't think it's been made available on CD.

So... with the new year now truly underway and the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter complete, will backers of the Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition be able to get their numbered art cards now?

Ahem.

Anyone else still to receive theirs?

the issue is the discs are so old we need a run of discs from Funimation instead of a master
That's one I've not heard before. Are they adding the BBFC logo specially?
If I'm remembering there was an extra removed from later pressings of this film. I assume this will be that version rather than than the original UK masters FUNi did for Manga? Or wait, was that extra always missing in the UK? Alas I'm not with my discs and my memory is vague as ever.

That's one I've not heard before. Are they adding the BBFC logo specially?
If I'm remembering there was an extra removed from later pressings of this film. I assume this will be that version rather than than the original UK masters FUNi did for Manga? Or wait, was that extra always missing in the UK? Alas I'm not with my discs and my memory is vague as ever.

Yeah, that's missing from the Manga UK version too.

Holy ****, a newswire with no delays!
Actually.. I've not seen that date for Eden of the East before (and their store still says 30th Jan even).
While it's not a delay as such since the last confirmed date was April and the delay for that was confirmed a year ago now, there's also a new date for Wixoss (last provisional date pushed to retailers was Jan 30th, but that was never confirmed by Anime Limited directly).
The Escaflowne DVD date is also new but I don't think we've ever had a confirmed release date for that before at all.

Actually.. I've not seen that date for Eden of the East before (and their store still says 30th Jan even).
While it's not a delay as such since the last confirmed date was April and the delay for that was confirmed a year ago now, there's also a new date for Wixoss (last provisional date pushed to retailers was Jan 30th, but that was never confirmed by Anime Limited directly).
The Escaflowne DVD date is also new but I don't think we've ever had a confirmed release date for that before at all.

Re: Eden of the East, I've actually just been updated that listing on the shop; was part of a bunch of updates to the shop I've been doing in general today. We haven't got the new date confirmed yet which is why it wasn't mentioned in the Newswire. Hope that helps.

But.. I bought up all those specifically because they are all mentioned in the Newswire and have new (to me) dates. Which one specifically isn't confirmed?

I got my Claymore set in the post today, and it's even more lovely in person. Artbook is 100 times better than the small one I got in Funimation's volume 1 + artbox set I got almost 10 years ago. Thanks again for the great work, I look forward to rewatching Claymore <3

Same, never received the artcard for the Patema UE.

Interesting.

@Jeremy Graves was very helpful in answering a Facebook query of mine about this, explaining that they were still working on them. That was back in August.

AL's handling of the latter part of the Patema Kickstarter remains a bone of contention for me, though. I'm glad I didn't take part in the Mai Mai Miracle campaign! :p

So, I contacted Zavvi last week about the Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition certificate and after being told that my query would be directed to the relevant department, have yet to hear back. Has anyone who ordered using Zavvi received theirs yet?

So, I contacted Zavvi last week about the Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition certificate and after being told that my query would be directed to the relevant department, have yet to hear back. Has anyone who ordered using Zavvi received theirs yet?
Still no certificate here...

Back