UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That definitely remains an option although I'll wait to get confirmation on the type of packaging being used as I probably couldn't justify re-buying it for a thin card slipcase.

It'll be rigid artbox as with all of AL's CEs, they haven't used thin card slipcase for any of their releases so I doubt they'd start now especially with Gurren Lagann after what happened with the UE. The discs will be in amaray cases instead of a Digipack though.

It'll be rigid artbox as with all of AL's CEs, they haven't used thin card slipcase for any of their releases so I doubt they'd start now especially with Gurren Lagann after what happened with the UE. The discs will be in amaray cases instead of a Digipack though.

Actually the recent separate sets of Fullmetal Alchemist both only came in standard cardboard slipcases. Granted, they were just the digipacks from the ultimate release with covers on them as opposed to unique releases, but the Gurren Lagann collection kind of operates in the same way, being the separate amarays in one pack (although the tv collection has different art). It's being promoted as a collection rather than a collectors edition, while I've noticed the Zavvi page only mentions a 'slipcase', which is pretty vague in detail. It'd be nice to get clarification on this.

Actually the recent separate sets of Fullmetal Alchemist both only came in standard cardboard slipcases. Granted, they were just the digipacks from the ultimate release with covers on them as opposed to unique releases....
Wait, really? I thought it was the exact same sets as the ones you found in the UE just with a card slipcover put over the top. I mean they advertise it as having rigid packaging, or am I completely misunderstanding what you mean here. :/

Could you elaborate on what you mean for the FMA sets? My understanding is the same as Buzz's where it's a Digipack with artcards in a rigid artbox with a slipcase over it to have the info, BBFC ratings, logos etc on but the slipcase is removable as the artbox has the title on spine. If that's what you mean by AL doing thin card slipcases then yes they have but not as an alternative to rigid artboxes compared to Manga which generally just does thin card slipcase instead of rigid boxes for their releases.

The Gurren Lagann CE could have a slipcase over the top of the rigid artbox but the artbox itself won't be thin card.

Could you elaborate on what you mean for the FMA sets? My understanding is the same as Buzz's where it's a Digipack with artcards in a rigid artbox with a slipcase over it to have the info, BBFC ratings, logos etc on but the slipcase is removable as the artbox has the title on spine. If that's what you mean by AL doing thin card slipcases then yes they have but not as an alternative to rigid artboxes compared to Manga which generally just does thin card slipcase instead of rigid boxes for their releases.

The Gurren Lagann CE could have a slipcase over the top of the rigid artbox but the artbox itself won't be thin card.

Hmmm, I'm going with what a friend told me regarding her purchase of part 1 & seemed let down, but from what limited information I can see online, the casing doesn't see any different, although I can only see pictures attached to the ultimate edition. I'll ask for clarification/photos tomorrow but I suspect you're right & I'm accidentally spreading misinformation here. If that's the case, my apologies. If anyone has the collectors set, let me know if I'm talking out of my **** on this. With any luck I am because that would certainly put my worries at ease, even if it does make me look a fool for moaning about an non-existent problem :oops:

Hmmm, I'm going with what a friend told me regarding her purchase of part 1 & seemed let down, but from what limited information I can see online, the casing doesn't see any different, although I can only see pictures attached to the ultimate edition. I'll ask for clarification/photos tomorrow but I suspect you're right & I'm accidentally spreading misinformation here. If that's the case, my apologies. If anyone has the collectors set, let me know if I'm talking out of my **** on this. With any luck I am because that would certainly put my worries at ease, even if it does make me look a fool for moaning about an non-existent problem :oops:

It's a nonexistent problem I am pleased to say, what your friend is referring to is the O-CARD that went round the Collector's version (I had to strain my brain on this one) which is thin - for Gurren Lagann CE it will be a leaflet on the back and the box is a rigid thick case like what was underneath on FMA :).

Hope this helps!

Andrew

It's a nonexistent problem I am pleased to say, what your friend is referring to is the O-CARD that went round the Collector's version (I had to strain my brain on this one) which is thin - for Gurren Lagann CE it will be a leaflet on the back and the box is a rigid thick case like what was underneath on FMA :).

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Yeah apologies for that, I was completely off base on this. What actually happened was my friend imported the funi set in a rightstuf binge but didn't mention that fact first time around, so I conflated what they told me with what I knew of the AL sets. I still can't figure out how the confusion over them buying part 1 took place, as I definitely remember that being said. It might have been in reference to FMA 2003 being the first series that came from the franchise but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, my bad.

Well, guess I'll buy those sets after all :)

Can confirm that I still haven't received mine.

Hey guys, just to say I actually spoke with Zavvi today about the certificates. The last of the certificates were sent late last week so I would say to expect them to start arriving any day now if they haven't already. Appreciate it's not the most definitive answer I can give you, but that's literally all the info I have. Hope that helps.

Can also say that I haven't got my certificate either. :/ I guess if they were sent late last week they should turn up soon, so thanks for the info Jeremy. Shall just cross my fingers for now...

Hey guys, just to say I actually spoke with Zavvi today about the certificates. The last of the certificates were sent late last week so I would say to expect them to start arriving any day now if they haven't already. Appreciate it's not the most definitive answer I can give you, but that's literally all the info I have. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the update! Will keep an eye out on the post (my local office is notorious for being slow anyway :p).

I've found Zavvi dispatch to be kinda weird too, I've often had stuff from take over a week to reach me after the dispatch email.

Either they ship it elsewhere prior to the final destination, which is when the email goes out, or the dispatch email is simply premature, as nothing else takes that long in the postal system.

Lol I forgot I was even meant to receive a certificate.

Nozomi are releasing a BD for Martian Successor Nadesico - is this title something AL are looking into by any chance?

Lol I forgot I was even meant to receive a certificate.

Nozomi are releasing a BD for Martian Successor Nadesico - is this title something AL are looking into by any chance?

I'm picking up Nozomi's release on day one (already pre-ordered) if AL don't announce it prior. This is one of my top 5 titles ever. (Will be my fourth time buying it)

C2AiK3UWgAMX81D.jpg

I preordered the FMA and I don't believe I received the certificate, do I still need to contact them or will they know I have not received it and would have sent it to me? I can't check at the moment as it's back at my parents house and I live away from home, so I can only ask them tomorrow/today. (It's currently 2.44am)
Any info would be great so I can get on to them a.s.a.p.
Thanks.

I preordered the FMA and I don't believe I received the certificate, do I still need to contact them or will they know I have not received it and would have sent it to me? I can't check at the moment as it's back at my parents house and I live away from home, so I can only ask them tomorrow/today. (It's currently 2.44am)
Any info would be great so I can get on to them a.s.a.p.
Thanks.

If you ordered from Zavvi and haven't received it you'll need to contact Zavvi about this I'm afraid. Any orders placed at Zavvi are literally only being handled by Zavvi, so our hands are tied on this. (Might be worth knowing if you have definitely received it before you contact them though ;) ) Hope that helps.

Back