UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

it almost feels like they need to dumb elements down for American audiences. No need for it really as the film is strong enough to do without changes to what was already a fantastic soundtrack.

Last edited:
I maybe alone, but it's not all about speed for me. I'm not that envious of people who get things first, I'll rather wait for a reasonably priced local edition. If it comes with decent extras all the better.

Why is speed so important? Surely you have already watched the show which is why you wanna buy it so badly? How is waiting a bit longer gonna change anything? The only thing in my eyes it changes is your desire to watch it again, and surely waiting longer between rewatching is better as it's not so fresh in your memory.

I guess I'm from a different age, I just don't understand the instant gratification generation where you have to have everything immediately.

I'm also one of those people that buy releases and they sit on the shelf for months or years before I watch them. So I guess I'm more of a collector than a viewer these days.

Why is speed so important? Surely you have already watched the show which is why you wanna buy it so badly? How is waiting a bit longer gonna change anything? The only thing in my eyes it changes is your desire to watch it again, and surely waiting longer between rewatching is better as it's not so fresh in your memory.

I guess I'm from a different age, I just don't understand the instant gratification generation where you have to have everything immediately.

I'm also one of those people that buy releases and they sit on the shelf for months or years before I watch them. So I guess I'm more of a collector than a viewer these days.

No, I'm totally with you. In today's age of modern streaming, I've already seen half the shows that are releasing on physical media, or if I haven't, they're instantly available for viewing on CR, so I could watch them the day a company announced the licence. There are exceptions of course, for example all the Gundam stuff which isn't streaming anywhere is quite frustrating, but for things like ERASED, I'm not in any hurry to watch it again. Much like you, I have releases from over a year ago which I bought that are still just sitting there, untouched. I've had my Eccentric Family since September 2015.

I maybe alone, but it's not all about speed for me. I'm not that envious of people who get things first, I'll rather wait for a reasonably priced local edition. If it comes with decent extras all the better.
I think thedoctor's issue is that we now get no benefit - it's as late as the Australian release but still overpriced.

For me it is about speed when on disc which is the main thing after all we get the same release as Australia. Like they already PlaMem but we have no news.
I rewatch shows a lot when I have a gut feeling to. Having to wait 9 months to rewatch DRR was hard

Why are you waiting for UK or even australian release if speed is SO important ?...
Seriously, go for the AoA release then...

We also pay for the art box and extras

That's generally how things go, no? Paying a premium for art boxes and the like? Yes, there should be a UK SE, and hell, there might be now if Madman are putting one out, but if not, then you can import if you find the price too much. I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at.

I watched it dubbed and the music and songs were perfect, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
But just think of all the additional dollars they can exact from casual cinema-goers, wary as they are of hearing anything in a tongue aside theirs! (Unless it is spoken by a villain, of course.)

Back