UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Darn, that means my copy may arrive damaged as well.

You may have better luck as my first replacement seems to have taken a knock in transit as the box was creased the same side as it was.

My first copy was a different story - crushed corners, black marks and pitted marks along the spine.

Unfortunately I'm not prepared to accept that on a £100+ set...

Anyway, third copy now ordered direct from AL, that's hope it arrives in the condition I'd expect...

Time to set up a Gloucestershire Loves Anime? More seriously, if all three of you nag some local cinemas maybe they'll acknowledge the obvious demand? :(

(Assuming there are cinemas at all in your parts, as there are none by me - fortunately I'm close enough to London to be able to make a trip for that.)

R

It is time. I wish, but I only know of three and all of them stick to mainstream movies, and only have a limited number of screens. :(

That sucks, but I guess living near London is a decent fallback. I remember going to a few screenings, when I was living there.

It is time. I wish, but I only know of three and all of them stick to mainstream movies, and only have a limited number of screens. :(

That sucks, but I guess living near London is a decent fallback. I remember going to a few screenings, when I was living there.

Cheltenham has two, I guess. But both are operated by Cineworld and right next door to each other. So it's kinda cheating :p

In fact I think all of the big ones in Gloucestershire are operated by Cineworld.

If it were me, I'd be rushing things to try and capitalise on the hype, or at least allowing VOD as a stopgap.

In a year's time, people will have moved on and they'll make less money.

In a sane world - you would think so and if we could, we certainly would. But alas holdbacks are holdbacks there and we have to play by the runes :).

AP

You may have better luck as my first replacement seems to have taken a knock in transit as the box was creased the same side as it was.

My first copy was a different story - crushed corners, black marks and pitted marks along the spine.

Unfortunately I'm not prepared to accept that on a £100+ set...

Anyway, third copy now ordered direct from AL, that's hope it arrives in the condition I'd expect...

That's upsetting to hear, definitely won't be the stock as I've seen how they get shipped to retailers, so give us a shout if there's any issues in delivery to you of it from us!

AP

I'm having my FMA UE delivered by DPD ( ordered from zavvi) but the current status on their web page is "error retrieving your parcel details" anyone else having/had the same issue?

I've been seeing that a lot too. I genuinely feel bad for him. I get that Miyazaki is incredibly well known and they probably don't know any other anime directors, but he must have been losing his mind at how repetitive and quite frankly lazy this is. We all saw exactly the same things aimed at Hosoda when Boy and the Beast came out (or more precisely didn't come out -- Damn you Studiocanal!)...

Not gonna lie, @Joshawott keeps retweeting praise for the film, and it's starting to wind me up. I'm really jealous that none of the screenings work out for me, so I won't be able to see it. :( I'm still hoping AL are able to sort out VOD and/or fast home video for this, so I won't be too far behind everyone else.

I've yet to see the film (have tickets booked for next week) and I think just based on the premise that I could ask a lot more interesting and relevant questions than the majority of journalists I've read. Little White Lies is normally a fantastic outlet too, probably my favourite, but this was quite superficial. As I say, I've yet to see it, but based on the premise I'm pretty sure that some questions about the film in relation to modern gender identity/fluidity would be interesting. Or even how, being 2016, Shinkai moved the gender/body swap plot forwards from Nobuhiko Obayashi's 1982 film I Are You, You Am Me (aka Exchange Students), or indeed its 2007 remake. Then you can explore more about Fukushima's impact on anime/Japanese cinema/society at large. Just thinking out loud here, but I've seen a lot of lazy questioning. I can't imagine every French director being forced to compare themselves to Godard/Truffaut.

And I fully agree - the Japanese licensor should realise that a year's wait is silly. The time to release it is as soon as possible after these 5 star reviews and sold out screenings. By next October it risks being forgotten.

Fedex just delivered my FMA UE:). #174 Vile Petrification Alchemist.

My gate doesn't line up though as the magnets aren't flush:(.

Edit: Sent an email yesterday about not receiving the voucher code email and my Escaflowne replacement as my damaged copy arrived back on Monday and I haven't heard anything since then.

7HR1kcC.jpg

tEY6pL3.jpg

Last edited:
From Base.com:
We have been informed that the release date of The Case of Hana & Alice - Collectors Edition (Blu-ray) (Catalog Number: ANI0102), which you have on order with us, has been changed to 09 January 2017.

Back