UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just a quick question for Andrew, I got the mail stating the order for the FMA UE had been shipped, but I don't see a tracking number anywhere (even though the mail says to track the shipment to see the delivery status), is it because I don't live in the UK and you had to use another delivery service that didn't have tracking number? I'm not complaining at all, it's just that, not living in the UK, deliveries take more time, obviously, and I like to regularly check for updates whenever possible to see if everything's going according to plan, especially when they're expensive purchases.

Mine stated its been shipped but no tracking number either. If what Andrew said is true he will mail them out himself later. Though I hopefully will have it arrive before the code does.

I'd say just listen out for your door if you're home - I received my shipment email mere minutes before mine arrived! And if I remember rightly TNT sometimes reuse tracking codes (I once ordered the Ouran Manga boxset that was delivered by them and the tracking number told me my shipment had been delivered 7 months ago to a completely different part of the country!) so they aren't always super helpful....

@anime_andrew - I know you are super busy emailing out tracking codes and dealing with FMA stuff, but I see my damaged Escaflowne return has arrived to you - would you be able to reply to my email with the postage receipt attached asap please, as it contains some questions about redelivery that I need to know so I can sort out someone to stay in/pick it up for me!

I'd say just listen out for your door if you're home - I received my shipment email mere minutes before mine arrived! And if I remember rightly TNT sometimes reuse tracking codes (I once ordered the Ouran Manga boxset that was delivered by them and the tracking number told me my shipment had been delivered 7 months ago to a completely different part of the country!) so they aren't always super helpful....

@anime_andrew - I know you are super busy emailing out tracking codes and dealing with FMA stuff, but I see my damaged Escaflowne return has arrived to you - would you be able to reply to my email with the postage receipt attached asap please, as it contains some questions about redelivery that I need to know so I can sort out someone to stay in/pick it up for me!

Hey hey,

Afraid I'm back to customer service mails etc in a few hours but I can confirm if we received it back then it will be going out with a replacement tomorrow all going well on stock at our warehouse (the day after worst case). I'll check out the email and come back asap!

Best,

Andrew

Hey hey,

Afraid I'm back to customer service mails etc in a few hours but I can confirm if we received it back then it will be going out with a replacement tomorrow all going well on stock at our warehouse (the day after worst case). I'll check out the email and come back asap!

Best,

Andrew

Thank you Andrew! My main Q's were if it would be sent out via the same delivery method as before (Royal Mail Signed For) and whether I'd get a notification once it's been resent? I go away at the end of November so would rather have it before then! Stuff like the Postage refund and the FMA email voucher I'm in no massive rush for.

Little White Lies have posted a short interview with Makoto Shinkai. I'll eventually read an interview that doesn't mention Miyazaki... Good from a marketing point of view I suppose

I've been seeing that a lot too. I genuinely feel bad for him. I get that Miyazaki is incredibly well known and they probably don't know any other anime directors, but he must have been losing his mind at how repetitive and quite frankly lazy this is. We all saw exactly the same things aimed at Hosoda when Boy and the Beast came out (or more precisely didn't come out -- Damn you Studiocanal!)...

Not gonna lie, @Joshawott keeps retweeting praise for the film, and it's starting to wind me up. I'm really jealous that none of the screenings work out for me, so I won't be able to see it. :( I'm still hoping AL are able to sort out VOD and/or fast home video for this, so I won't be too far behind everyone else.

I've been seeing that a lot too. I genuinely feel bad for him. I get that Miyazaki is incredibly well known and they probably don't know any other anime directors, but he must have been losing his mind at how repetitive and quite frankly lazy this is. We all saw exactly the same things aimed at Hosoda when Boy and the Beast came out (or more precisely didn't come out -- Damn you Studiocanal!)...[/qupte]

It certainly does get old, it'd be like every outlet in Japan calling someone the next Pixar or Disney when a great western animation comes out....

Still gutted that Boy & The Beast didn't go wider, I caught it at Glasgow Film Festival and loved it!

Not gonna lie, @Joshawott keeps retweeting praise for the film, and it's starting to wind me up. I'm really jealous that none of the screenings work out for me, so I won't be able to see it. :( I'm still hoping AL are able to sort out VOD and/or fast home video for this, so I won't be too far behind everyone else.

Afraid our licensor holdbacks are not great on this one for VOD or homevideo :(! Really want to release as soon as we can though so as soon as we can it'll be done. Draft date that will go round is October but if we can do sooner, we will.

AP

Afraid our licensor holdbacks are not great on this one for VOD or homevideo :(! Really want to release as soon as we can though so as soon as we can it'll be done. Draft date that will go round is October but if we can do sooner, we will.

AP

Jesus, I feel bad for you, but I'm glad you're the one who has to deal with such illogicalities and not me. I do not envy you there.

Thanks for telling us early though, so I can prepare myself for the wait.

Last edited:
October? That's insane. I'm really hoping some post-November 24th screenings pop up mear me then so I can rewatch it. Got my tickets for subbed on November 24th, but none of the earlier subbed screenings work for me timewise and I'm not watching a bad dub before the sub.

Not gonna lie, @Joshawott keeps retweeting praise for the film, and it's starting to wind me up.
2hzshsl.jpg

Back