UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Same. Has anyone received a dispatch notice today either?

Not got a dispatched email. By this time yesterday I got the email saying shipping would be delayed. I thinks it's gonna be delayed again.

can we get a confirmation if FMA UE was indeed delayed again, or was shipped?

Was FMA UE delayed again as the email said it would be sent out on Tuesday but got no dispatch email?

Fear not, it's shipped to my knowledge but I'm waiting on the tracking #s, which I will then proceed to send to everyone individually myself as there's nobody else on hand to do it. I'm operating off what our fulfilment centre has told me here anyway so if I'm wrong you'll be the first to know :). Sorry was just writing this out for folks.

When I get those tracking #s in I have to do all the send-out personally due to low staff c/o holidays just now - which is several hundred emails I've got to set up myself with the individual tracking numbers courtesy of how the retail system works. Sorry for the delay confirming too, been a busy day as I have my own mountain of work to do on top of all that! Which is why I am responding to mails at 1:20am...

It's because we care that we do work those kind of hours as a team though - we can totally understand you want what is an awesome title asap especially given Zavvi shipped there ones already. Still there's few CEO's who'd take to replying to this at this hour!

I can't wait to see what the excuse is this time.

Once again classic proof that whatever I do, I'm going to get snide comments from bystanders (first two I'm quoting as they've purchased and legitimately have reason to worry). But no matter what we do we will get that now it seems, we'd get complained at for sending a shipping confirm without to folks or we get complained at for waiting and sending people a way to be sure their product is en-route.

This just makes me feel I really should have just taken the easier path given we're still with staff on holiday and just marked it as shipped as I'm doing even more than usual! Sadly as we're a small company and with people on holiday I do not have the bandwidth to run both really right now.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah, after a bit of back and forth, they keep saying it's out of stock so a 50% refund is all they're offering. Do I drop you a line on facebook or were you referring to Escaflowne?

Via Facebook Message will work too - or by email is fine (I was referring to Outlaw Star issues there)!

Best,

AP

I would have preferred we had the Jan delay ( as we all knew it was coming due to @Anime)

Can totally see where your thinking comes from, but all you knew is @Anime had set their date around then. We had planned to have the discs earlier and release it when we said we would there in fact - so that's a case of adding 2 + 2 and getting B-A-N-A-N-A-S I'm afraid. Alas the best laid plans of mice & Zaku's don't always pan out, it's unfortunate that we strived to deliver quicker but if we'd set it as January to start too and could have delivered sooner, we'd be in hot water too.

AP

You any idea if that's the case for Anime-On-Line too? Just they haven't shipped my order of Gundam Reconguista In G and Outlaw Star Collector's and they're usually pretty good for getting stuff out....just kinda worried about Outlaw Star selling out tbh, which I know sounds rather silly so soon but I really want that set.

Hey hey,

You should be fine, there's still a good amount left - it's just the Zavvi special which is sold out it seems. Should be in stock until March at least I'd say based on numbers I printed :).

Best,

Andrew

Andrew i asked this a few pages back but looks like it got overlooked so i'll try again:

AoT - likely to restock eventually so stay tuned :)!

For other ones? More likely to go the route of Escaflowne etc in future and include it with our Collector's and Ultimate Editions. Like we announced that Your Name's one will come with the OST for example :).

Best,

AP

For what it's worth, and to be somewhat rude to Andrew, Your Name's OST is already available digitally and streaming for people who aren't able to buy the UE or don't want to wait.

Apparently Funimation had the rights to Blood Blockade Battlefront's soundtrack, and they're the people who sub-licenced it out to Milan Records who released it in the West, so it's a shame AL weren't able to do the same thing there.

AoT - likely to restock eventually so stay tuned :)!

For other ones? More likely to go the route of Escaflowne etc in future and include it with our Collector's and Ultimate Editions. Like we announced that Your Name's one will come with the OST for example :).

Best,

AP

Thanks for the reply, i'll keep an eye on your web shop for AoT then :)

Keeping them in CEs & UEs makes sense to add more to the sets, hopefully they can replace the DVDs you sometimes put in CEs as i'm not a big fan of combi packs in digipacks (takes up more space for when most of us wont use them).

Something that hasn't been mentioned in awhile is a potential Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition, has there been any movement on that? The movie being released in Australia by Umbrella seems that Sony might license it out to you. The OST would be a great addition as well :)

For what it's worth, and to be somewhat rude to Andrew, Your Name's OST is already available digitally and streaming for people who aren't able to buy the UE or don't want to wait.

I know that I, for one, have zero interest in the digital or streaming version and am looking forward to the physical release.

Something that hasn't been mentioned in awhile is a potential Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition, has there been any movement on that? The movie being released in Australia by Umbrella seems that Sony might license it out to you. The OST would be a great addition as well :)

A couple months back Andrew provided an update when the Australian blu-ray was available for pre-order.

anime_andrew said:
I'm talking to Sony - can't say much more there. But I said I'd only do an Ultimate of Bebop if I got either (or both) of:
  • Cowboy Bebop - Soundtracks 1, 2 (No Disc) and 3 (Blue)
  • Cowboy Bebop the Movie
Not shocking anyone - but I have moved from the phase of I'll only do one if to when in 2017 will it happen...

I won't be able to say anymore this year though so completely up to folks what they do (I respect that).

Best,

AP

Once again classic proof that whatever I do, I'm going to get snide comments from bystanders (first two I'm quoting as they've purchased and legitimately have reason to worry). But no matter what we do we will get that now it seems, we'd get complained at for sending a shipping confirm without to folks or we get complained at for waiting and sending people a way to be sure their product is en-route.

With all due respect, I'm just getting incredibly fed up of hearing my brother complain and shout about how he doesn't have his UE he paid for in May every time it gets delayed ,while Zavvi customers that paid only last week had theirs last week.

You've a strange definition of being rude really when it's extra promotion for the film xD. So yes - it's out now digitally and streaming - like any good movie OST should be, my only wish is more were like that. For big film it's totally traditional for someone else to manage it too (Ghibli OSTs were with KAZE of all people for Europe for example) and it actually can make it easier to do everything if done like Your Name.

Also you made an assumption that's understandably a bit off the mark there, the version with OST will be £34,99 - £39.99 alongside standard BD and standard DVD so hardly breaking the bank vs our usual release for film :). We are hoping to do an Ultimate as well for Your Name solely as I love the film to bits but limited to 500 units or so too but depends on materials.

Apparently Funimation had the rights to Blood Blockade Battlefront's soundtrack, and they're the people who sub-licenced it out to Milan Records who released it in the West, so it's a shame AL weren't able to do the same thing there.

It'd have taken too long to negotiate and cost too much vs the value of translating every booklet alas even if we had (we looked into it). It's also on Spotify, iTunes etc though so not a big loss I suspect for folks (I've a copy from Japan, bought it Day 1 of release as I adore the OST).

Best,

Andrew

Back