UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

You're not doing anything wrong, it's just continuously reminding me that I'm one of like two people who won't get to see it.
I do find it weird that some cities like Cambridge can have 3 screenings, but some places don't have any (for example, a friend of mine in Gloucester has none). Maybe as word spreads and if the initial release is successful, more and more locations will be willing to play it?

I do find it weird that some cities like Cambridge can have 3 screenings, but some places don't have any (for example, a friend of mine in Gloucester has none). Maybe as word spreads and if the initial release is successful, more and more locations will be willing to play it?

I'm also in Gloucestershire, so maybe we'll eventually be able to scrape together enough of us for a screening. :D

If we have to wait a year for Your Name to come out on blu-ray/dvd i think i will try and see it at the cinema if possible.

Nothing new there unfortunately. Most anime movies don't get released on home video in Japan until a year after their theatrical release, then add in the hold back for international distributors. This is why most movies come out here on bd/dvd 18 months - 2 years after they come out in Japanese cinemas.

Nothing new there unfortunately. Most anime movies don't get released on home video in Japan until a year after their theatrical release, then add in the hold back for international distributors. This is why most movies come out here on bd/dvd 18 months - 2 years after they come out in Japanese cinemas.

If it were me, I'd be rushing things to try and capitalise on the hype, or at least allowing VOD as a stopgap.

In a year's time, people will have moved on and they'll make less money.

Received my copy of Your Lie in April today! Love all the artwork on show and although I've watched the discs recently (as I reviewed the set), I might just have to watch it again to prepare for set 2...

I will echo what others have said though in that the digipack is a very tight fit and took a lot of shaking to get loose. It's just as tight when slotted back in too, which is a shame as I'm worried about damaging it if I remove it too often. Hopefully, part 2 isn't like this as with an artbook included it'll be a lot more liable to some kind of damage than the digipack on its own in part 1.

Overall it's a lovely set though and I'm really happy with it. Good work guys. :)

Maybe Andrew could consider adding a thin slice of plain card to future boxes as an insert, either plain or with a creased edge that overlaps the case and folds flush. That way it keeps things tight in transport etc but can be just pulled out easily & disposed of leaving a little relief inside the case once purchased.

So, two copies of Escaflowne received from Amazon since Monday, both damaged (one with pitted marks on the spine and dented corners, the second with a crease along the top edge). Getting annoyed that Amazon's packaging seems to have taken a step backward - they are not adding enough paper to cushion the item in transit anymore... grrrr...

My YLiA part one from AL has also arrived - not opened that yet... *holds breath*

Next October is a little(!) disappointing.

For me it's exactly the kind of thing I love to watch at home but not quite enough to drag me out to a cinema.

Especially not with A Silent Voice hopefully coming up soon-ish. Neither my GF nor I are huge cinemagoers so if we're going to go to one anime movie, it's kind of got to be that one for very personal reasons. We've been discussing what it was like to hear to attend a mainstream school with a hearing impairment for many years now. And we've been discussing that there's just not enough media out there featuring deaf and/or signing characters for jst as long. So that one's special for us to see.

Your Name, unfortunately, loses out. And it not having a home or streaming release for the best part of a year... kinda stings. Because it doesn't change it being more of a watch-at-home thing than a watch-at-cinema thing for me.

So, two copies of Escaflowne received from Amazon since Monday, both damaged (one with pitted marks on the spine and dented corners, the second with a crease along the top edge). Getting annoyed that Amazon's packaging seems to have taken a step backward - they are not adding enough paper to cushion the item in transit anymore... grrrr...

My YLiA part one from AL has also arrived - not opened that yet... *holds breath*

Well Amazon won't send me a second replacement as they think it may be a problem with their stiock (it isn't), its a problem with they way they are currently handling and packing their stock which results in this.

In better news, my YLiA order was packed better and arrived in the condition I'd expect. Not much choice but to order Escaflowne from AL direct and hope for the same outcome... :(

Andrew, Jeremy or anyone else who received the Miss Hokusai UE, can someone give some tips to remove the slipcover from the wooden box without actually damaging the slipcover. Was able to get it down like about 1,2 inch on the bottom side of the wooden box but then it's totally stuck.

My YLIA set arrived too. I appreciate it all the more for not having bought anything in a while, though my copy was also tight; I got it out of the external box feeling very smug about how much people had been complaining, only to get to the inner box and discover that it was squeezed in very snugly indeed. Some wizardry with the spacer box eventually liberated the contents and I've tried gently pressuring it to try to relax the packaging a little.

The printing on the external artbox is a strange resolution too as has been mentioned. It doesn't actively bother me as you can only see it when you're right up close and I'm not in the habit of standing with my face pressed against my shelves, but there's definitely a softness to the main image and you can see pixels in some places around the characters' hands. It's not as bad as, say, NISA's disc printing for The Princess And The Pilot, but it's nowhere near as sharp and slick as the printing on the internal artbox.

Add me to your screening party! According to all the anime, if we get another member, we'll be a real club.

Time to set up a Gloucestershire Loves Anime? More seriously, if all three of you nag some local cinemas maybe they'll acknowledge the obvious demand? :(

(Assuming there are cinemas at all in your parts, as there are none by me - fortunately I'm close enough to London to be able to make a trip for that.)

R

Well Amazon won't send me a second replacement as they think it may be a problem with their stiock (it isn't), its a problem with they way they are currently handling and packing their stock which results in this.

In better news, my YLiA order was packed better and arrived in the condition I'd expect. Not much choice but to order Escaflowne from AL direct and hope for the same outcome... :(
Darn, that means my copy may arrive damaged as well.

Back