UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Fuse – Memoirs of the Hunter Girl. (We’ve previously referred to this as Fuse – Memoirs of a Huntress, but from hereon it will be referred to as Fuse – Memoirs of a Hunter Girl.)

Wait, is it 'the' or 'a'? (I'm kidding.)

I quite like the decision to use the French packaging for Gankutsuou. I'm not a huge fan of steel cases but maybe they can make this one nice enough to change my mind, and it should appeal to more people that way. Even if the video is fuzzy (thanks, Japan) I have a few complaints about Geneon's DVDs which I imagine BD will fix; a fuzzy ED is better than one with more artifacts than the average RealPlayer file from the 90s.

The Geneon R1 DVD LE box was a particularly stunning effort with its shimmery finish unlike anything else I can readily recall, and I'm guessing that it's very difficult to get the most out of the series' unique artwork with standard packaging. Maybe they wanted the metallic lustre of the steelcase to have a similar effect?

R

Dannielle said:
Hey Andrew/Jeremy!

What time of year does Scotland Loves Anime usually take place? Sameish weekend every year? or month?

I ask cause I'm considering going next year but I'll need to take time off work to do so & getting that time off near the end of the year can be hard if it's not done months in advance. Any sort of indication would be grand, if possible. Thanks :)

Oh and if there's anyway at all you can put Kizumonogatari Part 1 on the listing, I will love you forever. Seeing that film in the cinema..hnngg.

Next year's dates - basically set in stone are:

Glasgow: 14th - 16th Oct, 2016
Edinburgh: 21st - 23rd Oct, 2016

Hope this helps and also hngggghhhhhhhhhh re Kizu also.

We'll have the site updated soon too :)!

AP

Mrclt1994 said:
britguy said:
Mrclt1994 said:
i'm guessing AL are using this as an experiment to kind of see how it is received by fans - I for one am not happy but of course I am just one person so who knows, that style of release may prove popular and prompt more of the same, in which case I will be sad. Would be interesting to know if AL did this due to some sort of market research/customer feedback or if it was just a 'hey, let's see how this is sits with consumers''.

Well the blog says they did it Because it best compliments the art in their opinion, and imo too. Fits in very well with the visuals of the show. They always said from the get go that this would likely be the release style.

I personally don't envisage many steelpack releases from AL though.

Not sure why the art wouldn't work on a chipboard box as it seems like something that is transferable and would still look good but if that's their opinion then fair enough - I haven't kept up with updates about this particular release as I'm less concerned about the steelcase style release for this particular title but more about whether they'd be using it for future releases which may end up being for a title I am actually hoping to pick up.

Re your last point - I hope so

Basically - metal works well with the colours used so our French team selected them that way. I support the decision and I am the first one not to interfere with a design choice so long as it is justified (and it was). In this case they lead the project so we were following and there will be a bellyband so you get some spine on that too.

Full O-Card would have removed the point of the box unless it was a perspex one, which could have also worked really. It's a special kind of show though and customer feedback always matters :).

Sufficed to say - UK side, we don't nor will we often use Steelpacks so don't worry :).

AP

Jatz said:
Buzz201 said:
I wonder if we're all thinking down the wrong lines and AL are going to announce something slightly more shonen.

Kaze don't have Hunter x Hunter, and maybe it's just me, but I could see a cool AL CE of that working. I would have suggested Fairy Tail, but FUNimation has UK rights for that.

Rurouni Kenshin? No clue on who (if anyone) has the UK license for it. Would make for an amazing UE.

Nobody has it atm - we'd love it but the dub is mired down in contract issues, which is a huge problem despite being a fan of the show here I have to say (the live action films reminded me just how much I do enjoy it too!)

AP

Rui said:
I quite like the decision to use the French packaging for Gankutsuou. I'm not a huge fan of steel cases but maybe they can make this one nice enough to change my mind, and it should appeal to more people that way. Even if the video is fuzzy (thanks, Japan) I have a few complaints about Geneon's DVDs which I imagine BD will fix; a fuzzy ED is better than one with more artifacts than the average RealPlayer file from the 90s.

The Geneon R1 DVD LE box was a particularly stunning effort with its shimmery finish unlike anything else I can readily recall, and I'm guessing that it's very difficult to get the most out of the series' unique artwork with standard packaging. Maybe they wanted the metallic lustre of the steelcase to have a similar effect?

R

I'm in the same boat as you. The artwork looks nice and I'm guessing the shine will make it look even better. The spine is always a big issue (Elfen Lied didn't have anything on the spine), so hopefully they can add an O-Card.

If they could've gone with an artbox, I think something similar to the case for SAO II Vol 1 would've worked great (not the massive box, but the case box housing the first part). That shiny silver looks really good. :p

anime_andrew said:
Nobody has it atm - we'd love it but the dub is mired down in contract issues, which is a huge problem despite being a fan of the show here I have to say (the live action films reminded me just how much I do enjoy it too!)

AP

AP[/quote]

Aww. That's unfortunate. I guess the only solution is sub only, then. ;)

The Kenshin movies did the same for me, too!

britguy said:
If anyone notices any issues with any of the data then please let me know as I aim for this to be as accurate as possible, though release dates and RRP prices were taken from a combination of blu-ray.com and anime-on-line.com so i'm only as accurate as they are!
Here's my data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0
(you can filter for Anime Limited at the top left)
I fully expect there are errors here and there, if not everywhere. If not announced, RRP usually comes from AoL (sometimes from the Amazon backend).

Shiroi Hane said:
britguy said:
If anyone notices any issues with any of the data then please let me know as I aim for this to be as accurate as possible, though release dates and RRP prices were taken from a combination of blu-ray.com and anime-on-line.com so i'm only as accurate as they are!
Here's my data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0
(you can filter for Anime Limited at the top left)
I fully expect there are errors here and there, if not everywhere. If not announced, RRP usually comes from AoL (sometimes from the Amazon backend).

I believe that's where blu-ray.com's data comes from too. If you get stuck, I think Zavvi post RRPs.

Honestly, the only problem I usually have with RRP is with older releases (especially when they have had price downs).
Missing prices for anything recent means there wasn't a confirmed RRP at the time of entry and I just haven't gone back and filled it in.

Thankfully I'm not missing any RRPs for AL releases in the spreadsheet for this thread, couldn't fathom the effort to keep on top of every release for every company!

anime_andrew said:
Jatz said:
Rurouni Kenshin? No clue on who (if anyone) has the UK license for it. Would make for an amazing UE.

If you could somehow make it happen, as my favourite series ever, I would:

1) Wet myself with excitement
2) Buy an Ultimate Edition in a heartbeat

britguy said:
https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/posts/783573885087797

5pm guys, more announcements?
[spoilerbutton]
977eaad30d77ab9716e122a75a10bb3b.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

anime_andrew said:
Dannielle said:
Hey Andrew/Jeremy!

What time of year does Scotland Loves Anime usually take place? Sameish weekend every year? or month?

I ask cause I'm considering going next year but I'll need to take time off work to do so & getting that time off near the end of the year can be hard if it's not done months in advance. Any sort of indication would be grand, if possible. Thanks :)

Oh and if there's anyway at all you can put Kizumonogatari Part 1 on the listing, I will love you forever. Seeing that film in the cinema..hnngg.

Next year's dates - basically set in stone are:

Glasgow: 14th - 16th Oct, 2016
Edinburgh: 21st - 23rd Oct, 2016

Hope this helps and also hngggghhhhhhhhhh re Kizu also.

We'll have the site updated soon too :)!

AP

This helps me out big time. Thank you :)

NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:
https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/posts/783573885087797

5pm guys, more announcements?
[spoilerbutton]
977eaad30d77ab9716e122a75a10bb3b.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

Being behind a spoiler tag made that all the more better :lol:

Rui said:
Fuse – Memoirs of the Hunter Girl. (We’ve previously referred to this as Fuse – Memoirs of a Huntress, but from hereon it will be referred to as Fuse – Memoirs of a Hunter Girl.)

Wait, is it 'the' or 'a'? (I'm kidding.)
I'd be interested to know why this is? Since it's "Huntress" in the US. (For the record it doesn't bother me, just wondering why it's different here!).

Also hype for Eureka Seven!

Elaniel said:
I'm hoping for some more classic series / films even though I understand they are more complicated to do, due to approvals.

EDIT:
Eureka Seven!
http://blog.alltheanime.com/anime-limit ... in-the-uk/

It's going to be an Ultimate Edition as well, so I'm very happy!

Hope we get the second series on Blu-Ray from AL too.

From what I've read about the second series and certain decisions made re plot and characters, I've decided the second season didn't happen :lol:

Of course, if it gets licensed by AL then I'll likely accept it exists and then buy it!

I never did like the mecha genre much but I did love this show. I'm glad they're bringing it back over here.

I'm guessing it'll be a similar price to FMP though so I had better start saving.

Back