UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

WMD

Dragon Knight
For me the biggest news is that soon I'll be able to replace my Journey to Agartha dvd with a blu ray.

The deluxe edition of WWY looks nice too.

Luna

Death Scythe
A DX one and it's still a steelbook?
Is UK turning into a steelbook lovers country like Germany?
(I don't particular like them...)

5cm will be an interesting one for the extras, as I already have the French/German Kaze BD release. (Which is a very Spartan standard release packaging wise.) And slightly curious on the English dub.

Afherlan

Kiznaiver
Probably go for the steelbook, though it's a bit underwhelming. £69.99 for Deluxe really is near the absolute limit to what I would pay for a single movie. 5CM is more appealing anyways, so hope that one turns up alright.

Jon O Fun

Thousand Master
A better pic of the deluxe box from AL france (pre orders starting today) and a mention of what's on the bonus Blu ray. 3hrs of extras including a documentary on production...
440-4K-ANI0587-BRANI9425_SLIPCASE-COLLECTOR_WWY_large.png

Also: limited to 250!!!

20200717_121502.jpg
Obvs UK could be different

Afherlan

Kiznaiver
Sol Levante is more or less just a tech demo. Outside CGI stuff, the likelihood of a native 4K full-length anime film or (even more unlikely) show turning up within the near future is very slim.

D1tchd1gger

The Wildcard
Not too bothered about the UE as I didn't like the film quite as much as YN and don't have a 4K player, but the CE is poor compared to the Promare one which went for the same EB price. And a bloomin' steelbook! I have zero steelbooks in my collection, but having said that I'll probably still go for it for the DVD to send to my little sister when I send her the Shinkai films.

HellCat

Stand User