UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Fantastic design, this show has been something i've longed to watch since AL first licensed it, it's been a long wait but can't wait to finally get hol dof it!

That Samurai Flamenco box looks quite good, a similar release for the UK would be fine. I think I'd enjoy the show based on what I've heard and seen about it, although because it seems to change quite a bit through it's run I'll probably try to watch it before I commit to getting it.

Sometimes I think it might be nice if I was more picky about the anime I enjoy, it'd be better for my budget. It'd also be less fun though.

Samurai Flamenco isn't for everyone but it's fun! I had such a fantastic time watching & cannot wait to see to do so again with the physical release. That box art is beautiful, presuming Goto's on the other side?

If you like bonkers, you should like SamFlam. Just take off your thinking hat (well...) and enjoy the ride.

I'm so excited for your guys opinions in the viewing journal

I would probably consider picking it up if it was a single set, and that goes for most series. I never even picked up part 2 or 3 for KLK and I doubt I ever will, and I doubt I'll end up picking up Space Dandy 2 either. Such is life.

qaiz said:
I would probably consider picking it up if it was a single set, and that goes for most series. I never even picked up part 2 or 3 for KLK and I doubt I ever will, and I doubt I'll end up picking up Space Dandy 2 either. Such is life.

How can you do that to yourself? Having half seasons with no intention of picking the rest of the seasons up, would drive me insane...

I'm sure he didn't buy them with the intent of only buying one part. I assume he bought them and didn't like them so didn't buy the rest. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy a single part, enjoy it, then not watch the rest...

IncendiaryLemon said:
I'm sure he didn't buy them with the intent of only buying one part. I assume he bought them and didn't like them so didn't buy the rest. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy a single part, enjoy it, then not watch the rest...

Even if I didn't enjoy it, it would drive me insane.

Which is why I am a sucker, and why I will probably end up with a copy of Orange is the New Black Season 2, despite not seeing the appeal in that show at all. (I'm very fortunate in that most of my blind buys work out for me, OITNB is the only series I've brought on blu-ray and not completely fallen in love with.)

Haha I'm usually OCD about that kind of thing (I know the term OCD gets tossed out a lot, but genuinely have it) but for some reason I don't care in this case, I guess because I can't even muster up the energy to care, that's how 'meh' I am about them I guess. They don't sell for a lot, and the subsequent parts are too expensive to pick up just to fill in the gaps so I just consider them a lost cause and I've taken the L.

qaiz said:
Haha I'm usually OCD about that kind of thing (I know the term OCD gets tossed out a lot, but genuinely have it) but for some reason I don't care in this case, I guess because I can't even muster up the energy to care, that's how 'meh' I am about them I guess. They don't sell for a lot, and the subsequent parts are too expensive to pick up just to fill in the gaps so I just consider them a lost cause and I've taken the L.
I do would happy to buy them off you for half price XD. I know I love kill la kill and space dandy looks awesome :wink:

So they are indeed getting rid of the rectangle on the front. Good.
iW4JyOg.jpg

NormanicGrav said:
Wait, isn't the BBFC logos etc supposed to be on a slipcover or something?

Looks like the inconsistency is over the roof!

Just to confirm, that is an o-card in the picture. I'll be posting a full unboxing tomorrow so you'll see then :)

New Newswire

http://blog.alltheanime.com/newswire32/

Shame SAO 2 V1 has been delayed, but only by a week or so, so not too bad.

September - December just seems mad for releases, especially when you consider they're only had 18 releases (excluding standard re-releases) in the past 2 years and now we're expecting 16 in 3 and a bit months! I'm not complaining thought :)

14th September: 009 Re:Cyborg (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD combi)

21st September: Sword Art Online II: Part 1 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD combi, DVD)

28th September (TBC): Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)*
28th September: Fate/kaleid liner Prisima Illya (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)

OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2015
26th October: Ping Pong The Animation (Blu-ray, DVD)
26th October: Sword Art Online II: Part 2 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi, DVD)

2nd November: Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad – The Complete Collection (DVD)
16th November: Samurai Flamenco: Part 1 (Blu-ray **subtitle-only release**)
30th November: Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi)
30th November: Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 1 of 2 [tentative title] (Blu-ray)*

[TBC December] Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 2 of 2 [tentative title] (Blu-ray)*
7th December: Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition [Season 1 + Fumoffu + The Second Raid] (Blu-ray)
7th December: A Letter To Momo (Blu-ray, DVD)
14th December: Sword Art Online II: Part 3 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi, DVD)
14th December: Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo (Blu-ray)
21st December: Gundam: Reconguista In G Part 1 (Blu-ray **subtitle-only release**)

That's a shame about SAO.

Got reminded the other day, but what's happened to Nerima Daikon Brothers? It was originally scheduled for a May release but now seems to have vanished completely - is something holding it up?

Back