UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Not a fan of standard non-slipcover releases but I might get the Testament S1 CE. Here’s hoping it isn’t in a bundle next December. Also I thought Prison School would be a prime contender for the mystery box for whatever reason.

There's something inherently galling about seeing Yuri Kuma Arashi stuck in a fanservice bundle, considering much of that show was a direct criticism of the genre as a means of judging another's sexuality in a real world environment. That said, there's also few directors out there less indulgently masturbatory than Ikuhara, so :confused:

There's something inherently galling about seeing Yuri Kuma Arashi stuck in a fanservice bundle, considering much of that show was a direct criticism of the genre as a means of judging another's sexuality in a real world environment. That said, there's also few directors out there less masturbatory than Ikuhara, so :confused:

It's inherently less galling to give people a fascinating Ikuhara piece so cheap though. ;) Sure, it's hugely reductive to call it a "fan service" show, but I was okay with having it in there just to give us a chance to put it on offer, and hopefully some folk who have been holding off on it will be pleasantly surprised by it when they come to watch it!

starting to wonder if i should buy AL stuff outside of sales, figured with testament regular being so new it'd be safe and i got it at the begining of last month

starting to wonder if i should buy AL stuff outside of sales, figured with testament regular being so new it'd be safe and i got it at the begining of last month
Some titles do sell out before they can end up in sale but it’s never obvious which ones.

Nothing for me today again. I already mentioned this on Discord, but it would have been nice to see some titles that worked for the female auidence especially as AL certainly have them to offer! Ouran, Kiss Him, Not Me; Black Butler, Junjo (which is too recent admittedly), K, Free. It's not really a major complaint, but something that would be nice to see if the fan service deal came back next year. :)

Gotta give some love to the cute boys guys. ;)

Well, five days in and I still haven't bought anything, which is bad for my anime collection but great for the leather jacket I'm currently in a bidding war on ebay over. I guess it's just a natural response to the well of licenses slowing down over the last 18 months; I've usually had the funds to buy everything I wanted on pre-release.

As for today, fanservice show in general aren't my thing. I think the only show in recent memory I actually enjoyed was Keijo!!!!!!!!, & to be honest I view that series more as a ridiculous hot-blooded action series in the vein of Jojo's than something trying to be sexy.

Nothing for me today again. I already mentioned this on Discord, but it would have been nice to see some titles that worked for the female auidence especially as AL certainly have them to offer! Ouran, Kiss Him, Not Me; Black Butler, Junjo (which is too recent admittedly), K, Free. It's not really a major complaint, but something that would be nice to see if the fan service deal came back next year. :)

Gotta give some love to the cute boys guys. ;)
It’s possible they’re saving titles like Ouran and Black Butler for the mystery boxes. I think K would be too decent for inclusion in the sale, though I wouldn’t mind the movie at a discount!

It’s possible they’re saving titles like Ouran and Black Butler for the mystery boxes. I think K would be too decent for inclusion in the sale, though I wouldn’t mind the movie at a discount!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ouran was in the box at least! I got mine as an early Christmas present when it first came out, so mostly I threw it in as an example of how much AL has that appeals to the female audience. I’d love Black Butler to hit the sales though as I’ve not bought that yet...

There's something inherently galling about seeing Yuri Kuma Arashi stuck in a fanservice bundle, considering much of that show was a direct criticism of the genre as a means of judging another's sexuality in a real world environment. That said, there's also few directors out there less indulgently masturbatory than Ikuhara, so :confused:
I'd say it's far less strange than Terror in Resonance being in the school bundle. (It didn't even take place in school for more than half the show.)

Nothing for me today, I jumped for most last year in a weird sort of shopping rush frenzy.

Back