UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

YES! The subs are that awful font im happy with my AoA purchase again.
The downside is I know Sound will be self author so have that terrible font and may not be the best quality

I mean I paid a lot for my set so I am happy AL self authored because my discs are better I’m not willing to spend £50 to get the book though. But then again I wouldn’t be able to store it anyway.

This is pretty much a non issue and hardly worth calling out.
So every issue of banding other than insanity like Re:Zero is okay? I know that’s not exactly what you’re saying, but if it exists, it should be pointed out. Criticism can help the French encoders improve.

Also, if they can use the Aniplex encodes by waiting, say, 3 months more, then it would be worth the wait, as even people who don’t care about picture quality will be happy.

Do you not think that comes across as selfish? You're happy people got a worse product just because of your own risky financial investment?
It is selfish yes but as anime fans are the most selfish people ive ever met in my life its nothing new. AL never said they had the license again its them protecting their own **** because CR ****** them over originally with sound!. And everyone moans about madman past 2 AoA sets ive had from them are very close clones oh but worst authors

It is selfish yes but as anime fans are the most selfish people ive ever met in my life its nothing new. AL never said they had the license again its them protecting their own **** because CR ****** them over originally with sound!. And everyone moans about madman past 2 AoA sets ive had from them are very close clones oh but worst authors

I'm not sure two wrongs make a right there, but okay.

People belittle me over wanting SEs then lecture me on selfishness no im not allowing that.
Its funny they used FUNI master of E7 from a SE that made me laugh especially the advert for Yamato

I mean if they wanted to fit French audio too could they?
As I assume it comes down to they want the cheapest disc possible so one print run for both france and UK. So they merge them like Rokka was and I assume Sound will be. Madman have used AoAs discs I cant recall if AL have. We will see with March

People belittle me over wanting SEs then lecture me on selfishness no im not allowing that.
Its funny they used FUNI master of E7 from a SE that made me laugh especially the advert for Yamato

I mean, people have calmly explained to you about maybe just waiting out for a SE if you feel the value isn't there, I'd hardly call that belittling, and it certainly doesn't justify smug bragging about how glad you are we don't have AoA masters. Maybe don't perpetuate the behaviour you dislike otherwise you're only going to encourage people to do it more.

I mean if they wanted to fit French audio too could they?
In the Aniplex encodes? It’s possible, but you’d be cutting it close in terms of file size. Aniplex Episodes are 7 GB, and a French DTS HD-MA Stereo track is probably 300 mb, so that’s an extra 1.8 GB there. If they wanted LPCM, then it would probably be double that.

So every issue of banding other than insanity like Re:Zero is okay? I know that’s not exactly what you’re saying, but if it exists, it should be pointed out. Criticism can help the French encoders improve.

Also, if they can use the Aniplex encodes by waiting, say, 3 months more, then it would be worth the wait, as even people who don’t care about picture quality will be happy.
Sure pointing out issues is fine but calling a release crap for something that is very difficult to notice is quite the reach.

I mean, people have calmly explained to you about maybe just waiting out for a SE if you feel the value isn't there, I'd hardly call that belittling, and it certainly doesn't justify smug bragging about how glad you are we don't have AoA masters. Maybe don't perpetuate the behaviour you dislike otherwise you're only going to encourage people to do it more.
Hold out? Where is many SEs? ALdont have a fixed timescale which is the problem. My current thoughts on Kiznaiver either release I would have lost as I despise despise AL FRs discs. Dandy got hard to read by the end no other companies current discs I find hard to read. I wish they would just a font another company uses and AoAs was expensive because CR made a **** dub and made it A locked.

Sure pointing out issues is fine but calling a release crap for something that is very difficult to notice is quite the reach.
Good point. I take back calling it crap, but I wish they could’ve gone around it differently.

If AL can’t use Aniplex or Japanese encodes, then the best solution is to get Justin Sevakis (MediaOCD) to do the authoring, or somehow get mp3dom- but that requires working with Dynit, an Italian company, which would require more work...

Here’s a question- did AL loose the rights to “Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju”? I think they did as part of the Crunchyroll licensing debacle.

If you guys can re-license it, a Blu-ray would be nice. FUNi is only doing a digital only release, and with the broadcast version of Episode 1 (which is 47:57 in runtime) instead of the Blu-ray extended version (which is 82:02 in runtime).

What's banding please?

Also I wouldnt say anime fans are the most selfish, I'd say some are pretentious and don't mind throwing £ away. It's beyond me personally, why anyone would purchase an anime they own, a second or third time just because there's something new with it. Like at least get rid of your other formats prior? But some don't and it's so confusing to me.

I haven't had any issue with any AL purchase so far or any AL cinema release. Protective of these lads and ladies and what they do for us so whilst constructive criticism is useful since they of course should aid catering to their customers, a slag off isn't necessary when they're really doing the anime world and us a favour giving us access to things we can't easily get as I personally can't purchase from overseas anymore even if they have releases I am GAGGING for (book of murder :( ). Customs is stupid and I got caught on my last Madman sale :'(

Back