UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think if I didnt know Mirai and Penguin Highway were a getting a wide release and ofc Liz I could have potentially been tempted this year. Its just MHA im not the biggest fan of and HF I imported and had subs so I watched that in May so there was no "Exclusives" this year that changed my mind, next year the proper sound sequel so that could tempt me, HF 2 as I doubt that would be out on BD if its release is late Jan 2019. 2020 now if Evangelion 4 premiers there I may have to go I would say within 2 years I should have gone at least once as im near an airport and then 40 min flight so its not hard to travel to Scotland.

It wouldnt quell my annoyance. I asked many times last year if AL had the license then i spent $120 on a show I dont like much and they do I spent £20 a **** film because no SE so im not pleased at AL currently so if it was I would be very unhappy.

It wouldnt quell my annoyance. I asked many times last year if AL had the license then i spent $120 on a show I dont like much and they do I spent £20 a **** film because no SE so im not pleased at AL currently so if it was I would be very unhappy.

I mean, they never officially cancelled their release like they have with so many others, so it's a case of assuming it's coming unless they say otherwise. No one forced you to spend $120 on a show you don't like much, I have to question why you did in the first place if that's your stance on it, nevermind the implication that you then went on to order AL's too. I'd also like to once again point out that you didn't have to spend £20 on Eureka Seven HiEvo if you'd just waited for a sale or something, especially given the reputation it has that you clearly think it lived up to.

E7 only has a CE cos of idiots like me
They knew it was **** and gave a CE to bank on fandom and it was them making money and I know and I love their rule change as I distinctly remember Hanners telling me when the Q3 slate was announced there would be a SE. I wanted to own all the TRIGGER Shows i mean it looked nice enough and ill be still waiting for Free! S1 so you have to kind of gamble.
And my problem if Kiznaiver is AoA discs i will never get rid of it as its an inferior set its A locked and expensive when for £50 you can get ALs with extra book and same discs in our region.

It's cost me £37.80 return from Manchester to Haymarket. Bought as 2 singles otherwise marked as return £79. No railcard. Since I'm getting £35 refunded from my hotel after I've stayed there, it's like I paid £2.80 :) no changes either, just direct and TP Express have an app like Virgin's Beam so it'll connect to wifi for free and I can watch tv and films on it. Going to be a well nice journey.

The day I arrive on my tod, I'll probably ask if anyone in here's around and could go catch a screening at SLA or something. Of course when I'm reunited with my lot the Fri onwards, still happy to meet you guys, do a merger :p :)

So, to put to bed the Kiznaiver disc situation, I am pretty sure these aren't AoA authors, despite the episode split. This is mostly due to the presence of the French audio and subtitle options.
8bcZkzt.png

These are the episode sizes for people who care for that sort of thing, and here are a couple of screenshots for image quality
vlcsnap-2018-09-05-11h38m30s114.png
vlcsnap-2018-09-05-11h39m27s760.png
vlcsnap-2018-09-05-11h40m14s036.png

AL, please never use French authors ever again. Please. I know it’s the more economically feasible option, but they look like crap.

I had my hopes up, but then they were destroyed. But, at least the packaging is amazing, as is the booklet shown off.

Yeah, as implied from my “rant” post, it’s not an Aniplex clone. The file sizes are too low.

If it were Aniplex, each episode would be 7 or 8 GB. Plus, the audio is in DTS HD-MA. Aniplex only uses that codec for 5.1 mixes, and LPCM for Stereo mixes like Kiznaiver.

Perhaps it's just me, but I see no issue with the picture quality.
There’s some banding in the third shot- on the ceiling. Actually, there is banding and other artifcating across all 3, but not to an insanely distracting degree.

While this is certainly better encoded than, say, French Lupin IV, or Re:Zero, the reason I said they should stop using them is because it’s a crapshoot. Some are good (like this, but there are some issues), some are bad, and some are just average.

Back