UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Depend if they have to deal with Netflix to grab the lhomevideo licence, If it's the case I'm not sure Netflix ask more for Devilman than for B.
If not AL have to deal with Aniplex Japan (witch might be more... "harder" in term of restrictions, etc.) for Devilman.
For B, if I'm not mistaken IG port. manage all the international rights (including Homevideo) for that title, funfact the serie is not even scheduled in Japan for Homevideo.

Wow, that's actually an anaglyph 3D image they used for that - I popped on my red/blue glasses to check it out. it's not very deep 3D, but it is 3D nonetheless.

And speaking of Durarara!! and 3D in the same sentence (or at least on the same page, lol), here's a nice aerial view of Ikebukuro also in anaglyph 3D, if anyone else happens to have a pair of red/blue 3D glasses to put on - now this one has some real depth to it! If you look closely, maybe you'll see Celty zipping down the main thoroughfare with some van following her, lol... ;)

7c0646b16371d709ecb522291815037f.jpg

heheh, I just happen to be a big 3D connoisseur - as the proprietor of the "FreyMAX™ 3D Theater" in my basement (yes, that rhymes with IMAX), I am pretty much obsessed with anything that is 3D - 3D Blu-ray movies (I own well over 150), Lenticular posters and cards, and even this ancient, outdated Anaglyph 3D technology... :cool:

Last edited:
I mean Madman is releasing it on blu ray and we don’t even have half of the parts on BD but I’m gonna wait to see if they do another complete FT set after Final season in a few years. No point having a “complete” set when potentially up to another 50 eps could be airing

I couldnt explore Ikebukuro to the extent I wanted when I was in Japan. I was on my own for 2 days and don't know the language. I had to be so robotic with my exploration I eventually gave up lol.

If they do a complete x2 series, I'll probably pass. I own the separate parts and I've never seen the sense in owning the same thing more than once personally.

Guys, you're involved with SLA right? Any word on when the listings for Edinburgh will be announced please? I want to buy tickets and stuffs :D

00 set arrived (£31 customs, oof!). I expect AL will do their own thing but if this is a general indicator I'm hopeful.

The actual series breaks down into 4 Blu-ray cases- 2 discs for each season, a disc for each of the 3 recaps and a disc for the movie. This is followed by a Blu-ray case sized hardback book containing several pages of character and MS art/profiles. There's also some promotional art but the choices are a bit random.

Lastly is a 2 part cardboard case containing the physical extras. The art they chose for this is an amusing meta gag if you know the show. Inside you get 4 double sided cards showing the Meisters and Gundams circa s1 and movie, a magnet (just a promo image of the 00. Why not the CB logo?), a metal Haro keychain (seems to be created from lineart found in the book) and a roughly A3 cloth print using a season one promotional image. This is a bit tacky and takes me back to when anime fans were obsessed with wall scrolls.

@anime_andrew @Hanners Here's an odd request- Gundam 0083 and the original audio mix.

In 2006, the OVA series had a 5.1 surround sound update, but that's not the issue. The Japanese Blu-ray had both the original 90s stereo mix, and the 5.1 mix, but Nozomi/Sunrise's US release only had the 5.1 mix. There's stereo tracks, but it's the 5.1 remix but downscaled to 2 channels.

If you do get the original stereo mix, please include it. The 5.1 mix isn't bad, but I hate the fact you're stuck with only the updated version- just like Star Wars. That means you'd have to author your own discs (hopefully with MediaOCD/Justin Sevakis), but you'd be providing the best version. I don't own Nozomi's set yet, but I'd pick up yours if it had the original stereo mix.

Back