UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So you're saying we should charge more than TNIS for Lu because of the extra language then? :thinking

Well, now if I ever raise my prices by a proportionate amount because I include not only Japanese language but English AND then French with some bonus French subtitles - the quoted message is what you can all thank now for it :D!

(In all seriousness, producing Collector's product is expensive work and we try to not make it worse by varying the price on factors like a dub as it has value across an SVOD or TV deal plus the whole lifespan of the homevideo on a show. So, except for special circumstances, we follow a set pattern of £34.99 for an LE on a film and £59.99 on an LE of a 1-cour TV series).

Best,

Andrew

im more concerned about the 25 pound postage you Charge to Ship across the Pond then any other Prices :p

The Discotek release of Lupin the Third: Part IV Japanese version will feature improved subtitles:

I take it the Anime Limited BD will have the simulcast subtitle script?

Hanners responded to my query on this via Discord, here's the response:
  • Subtitles were provided by TMS, he did a full QC check on the entire show and made any corrections he felt were necessary.
  • Corrected any missing sign translations (wherever possible, sometimes what can be done here is dictated by the limitations of Blu-ray subtitling conventions).
  • Timing was all fine from his checks (again, Blu-ray subtitle conventions accounted for). He didn't see any weird naming conventions or translations that affected his experience of watching the show.

The poster art is from the LE in Japan and as we had to scrounge it / wanted to offer something new to people buying that participated in the 12 Days of Xmas, this came about (the detail on it makes it a fun challenge to spot things from the film). I love the movie quad poster too though so I totally hear you though!

AP,
Has a huge soft spot for this film.
That's fair, just the new one isn't something I'd put up, I mean I'm not the type to put up posters in general let alone anime ones but I would have framed that last one and put it up on the wall as that's how much I liked it. Never mind though, still really looking forward to getting the blu-ray none the less.

jYNhz4F.jpg

Someone needs to wear this for the MCM panels.

"I wanted to ask if you had the license for Darling in the Franxx?"
"Fumoffu. Fumoffu fumoffu!"
"...So is that a yes or a no?"
"Fumoffu."

jYNhz4F.jpg

Someone needs to wear this for the MCM panels.

"I wanted to ask if you had the license for Darling in the Franxx?"
"Fumoffu. Fumoffu fumoffu!"
"...So is that a yes or a no?"
"Fumoffu."
Full Metal Panic! Super Ultimate Edition 2 Turbo *including full size outfit*

Take all the money!

If you want to pick up the dub version for £10, whenever it's released, might be easier to buy direct from AL.
Pretty sure it was mentioned that web copies bought at MCM were eligible so either way I'll be getting the dub version

Are we sure AL are based in Glasgow and not another timezone? I received the Vampire Hunter D CE today and 3 hours later after get the despatch email :D
Glad I'm not the only one surprised it arrived early, maybe I'll get a dispatch email today as well, it actually arrived alongside my Amazon Seraph of the End Part 1 & 2 order which was perfect timing so I at least have my weekend sorted.

Back