UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Pre-ordered The Origin.

Yes, I have the LEs.

Yes, I could have picked this up at MCM.

Yes, I have a problem.
BksvViW.gif

(By the way, this post was a joke for anyone who hasn't followed along with my Plastic Memories post's. I thought I would clarify this at the top of my post just in case anyone thinks I'm being serious anymore about seeing a UK release of this set. I was meant to post this as a joke 3 days ago but got sidetracked with work)

Still no mention of plastic memories or High school fleet in the list up to Q3

Plastic Memories was announced in 2015, or 3 years and 3 days ago.

As licenses last (depending on contract) 7 years, we can at least narrow down a UK release of Plastic memories being released sometime between December 17th 2018 and May 2nd 2022 ;)

(By the way, this post was a joke for anyone who hasn't followed along with my Plastic Memories post's. I thought I would clarify this at the top of my post just in case anyone thinks I'm being serious anymore about seeing a UK release of this set. I was meant to post this as a joke 3 days ago but got sidetracked with work)

Still no mention of plastic memories or High school fleet in the list up to Q3

Plastic Memories was announced in 2015, or 3 years and 3 days ago.

As licenses last (depending on contract) 7 years, we can at least narrow down a UK release of Plastic memories being released sometime between December 17th 2018 and May 2nd 2022 ;)

We're following a more strict policy about listing content now - just because things aren't listed in the initial wave of listings for the quarter, doesn't mean they won't appear in it. I just don't want anything we feel is too shaky in the line-up now (doesn't mean it WILL appear either or things won't slide sometimes, we're just trying to minimise it all now).

Andrew

That would've been much more preferrable, but I'm happy to compromise and just buy two copies rather than just complain about the way they chose to do it.
Personally I'd rather they just drop the I - IV from the spine and leave space for another case (vols V & VI). But then you can't bag those suckers who buy this version into buying another version in 2 years that has all 6... ;)

For reference I am one of those suckers. :p

I'd personally rather they just displayed all 4 covers using the back/front of each case.
I've been out of the loop a while. You mean that isn't how it is???? I thought it was just a given that part one front cover part two back cover... If not that's a very silly over sight.

The way they've chosen to do it does seem kinda ridiculous tbh, I honestly have no idea why they wouldn't have had the covers split to the front and back. I mean I'm sure they have their reasons, but it doesn't make much sense on the surface and it looks a bit daft.

To be honest a few of their recent packaging choices are a bit weird to me, Hyouka being done in a completely different style from part 1 is odd, ERASED being a completely different size annoys me more than it should (Width I understand, but it's also ever so slightly taller meaning the spines don't line up properly).

Last edited:
The sleeves are reversible.
View attachment 3456
Yeah I saw they were reversible but also assumed the side you don't see would be the other picture... I'm not an expert on these things but it just seems to be the obvious design choice...

The first box has parts 1 & 2 and you can choose if you want to display part 1 or 2 on the cover!!
But can't I have both that'd just be simpler?
No!!! Choose DAMMIT!!!
:rolleyes:

Can't really see a problem with the Gundam Origin set since the covers are on the actual artbox as well so you might as well just use the whichever cover's not on the artbox. Quite extreme to buy two sets since they're going to be hidden inside the artbox but that's just my take.

Yeah I have to say on the Gundam Origin side of things, I'll just have the "Gundam Collection" box spine facing on my shelf, nicely lining up with the others, weird grey specs and all!

Ask Funimation. They're doing the dub and mastering.

Yep, really down to how long that takes. On my side, I'd be aiming for 4-5 months after Part 1 ideally as a longest but it all hinges on when we receive the masters :).

Best,

Andrew

we'll find out about Funis August releases in a fortnight, I suspect it will probably be on there, if this is the case, we're looking at December for the UK, so 6 months after again, I'll just buy the Yank release then, been sat about on half a season for half a year too often for my liking.

Back