UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So it's trash then :3
tumblr_lvzisbU1we1r6em1io6_250.gif

Can Gundam Thunderbolt DECEMBER SKY and BANDIT FLOWER be watched standalone without knowledge of other entries in the franchise? They interest me because they're on 4K BD with English subs.

Nice, I'll probably pick up the Japanese release eventually then. I assume that the western release (whenever that comes) will only be on standard BD like Your Name was, don't really want to go for an inferior format when a better one is available for purchase.

It's only inferior if the original content was made in that resolution. The only thing really these 4K masters could add is HDR, but 1080p HDR does technically exist, and would be better than just upscaling 1080p footage up to 4k (in regards to YN. I don't know what the gundam stuff was created in)

I do hope that native 4K anime becomes a thing. CCS got a 4k scan of its film recently, but unfortunately they are using the 4K scan to create a new 1080p master. Maybe in the next 5 years we'll see more 4K content.

It's only inferior if the original content was made in that resolution. The only thing really these 4K masters could add is HDR, but 1080p HDR does technically exist, and would be better than just upscaling 1080p footage up to 4k (in regards to YN. I don't know what the gundam stuff was created in)

I do hope that native 4K anime becomes a thing. CCS got a 4k scan of its film recently, but unfortunately they are using the 4K scan to create a new 1080p master. Maybe in the next 5 years we'll see more 4K content.
I haven't personally seen any 1080p BDs with HDR, guess it wasn't widely used due to the lack of HDR TVs at the time. HDR alone is a huge reason for wanting the 4K BDs.

The 4K BDs also have more space (66&100GB being common instead of 25&50 for BD) that let you cram in an even higher quality encode, couple that with the fact that the codec they use in the new format is more efficient so you get better picture quality for the same amount of space used.

I haven't personally seen any 1080p BDs with HDR, guess it wasn't widely used due to the lack of HDR TVs at the time. HDR alone is a huge reason for wanting the 4K BDs.

The 4K BDs also have more space (66&100GB being common instead of 25&50 for BD) that let you cram in an even higher quality encode, couple that with the fact that the codec they use in the new format is more efficient so you get better picture quality for the same amount of space used.
You're also no longer limited to 24fps at 1080p. Shows like GitS SAC no longer need to be 1080i.

UPDATE - 11TH DEC. 8.55am
PLEASE NOTE: We'll be launching the 12 Days of Christmas offer today (11th Dec.) at AllTheAnime.com today at 10am, not 9am. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Were also extending the deal from yesterday (10th December) by another hour, until 10am too! So if you haven't taken advantage of that yet, you still can ?

UPDATE - 11TH DEC. 10.01am
PLEASE NOTE: We'll be launching the 12 Days of Christmas offer today (11th Dec.) at AllTheAnime.com as soon as we can after 10am

They must be on the phone to Japan: "can we push the button yet?"

Right, DAY 11 IS LIVE! Sorry about delay; we had some site issues which is why it was delayed in launching. Been working my ass off to get it sorted. Enjoy, spend money, Merry Christmas... blah blah blah *BAH HUMBUG* :p

Back