UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I made mention of this on my twitter last night as to why this has happened, but for those who follow me/didn't see it the reason it's been shifted let me explain :)

Gundam ZZ Part 2 was down as TBC December on our site as I'm sure was previously noted somewhere in this thread, because it was likely going to end up coming out over Christmas the way things were working out. This really isn't a great time for new releases to be released in general, especially when it comes the retailers receiving stock of the product itself, the product then actually get shipped properly & timely by retailers, and then actually getting it delivered by Royal Mail.

So factoring all that into account, along with production times, we decided to shift it back by just a couple of weeks to early to early January to avoid that problem.

But, that's not to say the stock won't be produced by then. Chances are any orders from us will be shipped before Christmas. Not an ideal scenario, but there is sound logic behind it.

Though I pretty much finished QC of the discs yesterday, production times of the actual physical parts at this time of year means things can't produced as quickly now. (The entire entertainment industry is on essentially on a red alert status for getting products produced in time for Christmas.)

So lots of factors coming into play here, but we really don't want this release to potentially be negatively impacted by releasing it over Christmas. I know it's not what you or anyone else wants to hear, but it's the truth. We obviously didn't want it to end up that way but it's the safest way. Hope that helps :)
tumblr_n1wq4piCMU1qmpmfmo1_500.gif

Just got my Your Name deluxe. Really impressed with the book. I haven't seen it yet so just hope the film lives up to the hype.

Edit - Just finished it and loved it.

Last edited:
Got our Your Name deluxe today - Number 1371

Really speedy delivery and very impressed with the set. Probably my favourite AL release since you guys released the Gate for FMA. As a massive fan of booklets I can say that I'm glad you guys decided to go to the extra effort of translating everything, it just makes the whole set that much better. :D

Just one question which I guess is best asked to @anime_andrew. For those of us who want to wear the bracelet day to day (I certainly do, at least until it shows some signs of breaking) is there an ideal way of wearing it so it doesn't just slip off? I know in the movie Taki has a clasp for it but obviously we don't have one (is there any that would fit that you guys would recommend?) so I've taken to just wrapping it around my wrist and slipping the ends underneath it, but I'd like to think there is a better way. :)

Last edited:
I used the Japanese audio and songs. The box actually had a hole knocked in the corner of it. Luckily the set had bubble wrap and a lot of paper padding it.

I also didn't notice any of the video issues. It looked fine in motion.

Can I ask where the number out of 2000 is placed?

Last edited:
Can I ask where the number out of 2000 is placed?
On the back of one of the postcards. Mine was on the one very similar to the front cover.

is there an ideal way of wearing it so it doesn't just slip off?
I went with this. An elastic band twisted once and half and then thread the cord through. Just long enough to get round my wrist 3 times.
DSC_0232.JPG

Sorry to be presumptuous, but why not as a hair tie?
cc08c3d1e25df0f30a70d14859ed1b6f.jpg

It's obviously too short for the way it's done later in the film though:
Kimi-no-Na-Wa.-Surpasses-Princess-Mononoke-to-Be-6th-Highest-Grossing-Film-in-Japan.jpg

Sorry to be presumptuous, but why not as a hair tie?
cc08c3d1e25df0f30a70d14859ed1b6f.jpg

It's obviously too short for the way it's done later in the film though:
Kimi-no-Na-Wa.-Surpasses-Princess-Mononoke-to-Be-6th-Highest-Grossing-Film-in-Japan.jpg

I just usually don't have my hair in a way that I could wear it that way, and through the movie I become more attached to the idea of it being a bracelet rather than a hair tie. :)

The solution is to buy two then, surely?
That’s the collectors way, 2 copies at least :) Ordered one from zavvi and it shipped today but I hope they did not sent it in a jiffy bag since im not from UK. The other one was ordered from AL shop about a month ago but it has not shipped yet. I ll post pictures of both when they arrive.

Back