UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just get the Warner Bros or Madman release and avoid the German release like a plague. The Warner Bros and Madman releases share the same discs. Each season is on sale for like $10 every once in a while on Amazon.com.

Note: Season 1 is encoded with wrong RGB levels. RGB needs to be set to full.

But Rick and Morty started as an anime.

hqdefault.jpg

Does everyone elses copy of psychic school wars have a 15 bbfc rated logo on 1 spine and 12 on the other spine, front and back? I couldn't find any reference to it?

Speaking of ratings I got outlaw star recently and the box says 12. From what i remember there is the odd scene that suggests sex or is just suggestive, theres also quite a few voilent scenes in some eps, isnt that the bbfc's code for a 15? KLK is 15 and theres only the suggestive stuff no real sex scenes

Same here. Got it from Amazon as slightly cheaper than direct from Anime Limited. Amazon said it had only one copy left!

The place promised in our early days was my favorite shinkai movie, until your name. Really like shinkai movies, aside from Children Who Chase Lost Voices...

Ah, I haven't seen that one.

It's Shinkai most Ghibli influenced movie.

At least is the way I see Children. But it's a soulless copy , even by my standards (I only like a few Ghibli movies). But well if you like stuff like spirit away. moving castle.. you might like it.

I'm more into the Cat returns, only yesterday, whisper of the heart kind of chibli.. yup can't say I like Miyazaki movies much.

I like most Ghibli: Spirited Away and Only Yesterday are both in my top 5, which is rounded out by Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies and probably The Whisper of the Heart (would have been Nausicaa, but technically isn't Ghibli). So a score draw between Miyazaki and Takahata directing wise, but Miyazaki takes on the tie-breaker of being the writer of The Whisper of the Heart ;)

So back to the point. I might like it if it's Ghibli-esque, but not if I think it's a poor imitation :p

Random question, how are Kaze's lastest bluray releases compared to the US counterparts from what I've read in the past their discs would always come with errors and questionable video quality.

I was just looking at Kaze's Jojo france release aesthetic wise it's quite good even though Viz media looks better but I'm not too bothered about, the major red flag for me is that Viz media version is 4 discs while Kaze release is 3. Seems to me Kaze are just cutting corners as usual.

Random question, how are Kaze's lastest bluray releases compared to the US counterparts from what I've read in the past their discs would always come with errors and questionable video quality.
I can only say for one punch man, vit disappointed its stereo only but i dont see any video issus. Looks about what id expect for a bluray release, its been out since monday

I was just looking at Kaze's Jojo france release aesthetic wise it's quite good even though Viz media looks better but I'm not too bothered about, the major red flag for me is that Viz media version is 4 discs while Kaze release is 3. Seems to me Kaze are just cutting corners as usual.

Well, most Anime shows that are coming out these days are stereo only even on the Japanese Blu-Rays so it's not like Kazé could have done anything about that for the Japanese audio track.

Well i just want use out of my home cinema. I am aware that especially japanese releases get stereo only. The japanese are often social no point in paying the expense.

Back