UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Is there a possibility of Anime ltd releasing Ufotable's 'Magical Sisters Yoyo and Nene'? I think Germany is the only Western country where it has been released. I know that there was an English sub made for Scotland Loves Anime.

View attachment 438
I was such a big fan of Yoyo & Nene when it was shown at SLA 2013. If it weren't for Patema Inverted, it would have been my outright favourite that year.

Or maybe or The Life of Budori Gusko.
No. Never again. Ever.

Was The Life of Budori Genki that bad?! :p Never seen it, but Sugii's adaptation of Night on the Galactic Railroad is so brilliant that I've been interested in it for a while

Was interested in the Kickstarter then saw it was a digibook.... no thanks.
Best of luck though and if you add another tier with one of your regular collectors editions I'm all over it :)

Edit. The digibook is only 8 pages!? With more pages being a stretch goal along with French subs? (Inevitably causing a delay)
Gotta say this doesn't seem like a very 'Anime Limited' style product... kinda disappointing.

Last edited:
Was interested in the Kickstarter then saw it was a digibook.... no thanks.
Best of luck though and if you add another tier with one of your regular collectors editions I'm all over it :)

Edit. The digibook is only 8 pages!? With more pages being a stretch goal along with French subs? (Inevitably causing a delay)
Gotta say this doesn't seem like a very 'Anime Limited' style product... kinda disappointing.

We've mentioned this on the Kickstarter page, but to reiterate here this is not an Anime Limited product. We're supporting STUDIO4°C by running the Kickstarter part of their campaign for MIND GAME, but this is their product, not ours. So it won't have any of our branding on it at all. Hope that helps.

Was The Life of Budori Genki that bad?! :p
I'll be polite about it: it was f***ing awful. :p

Seriously, Budori Gusko was the most beatufully animated, gorgeous-looking 2-hour bore you could imagine. Budori himself is the most bland main character I think I've ever watched. If I'd had to hear him say "Yes", and mindlessly agree with other characters just one more time...

This review hilariously summed up the whole film in only a few short lines [CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS]:

Supernatural cat: I'm here to save you from famine. You're good kids, but that won't help you. Hey girl, if you stay here, you'll starve. Come with me.
(Budori's sister goes to him, seemingly in a trance.)
Supernatural cat: Well, bye! (vanishes)
Budori: ...Hey! You thief!

Budori: (Alone in his room) Other people have helped me all my life. Now I want to help them back. I'll do anything.
Supernatural Cat: You called?
Budori: No.
Supernatural Cat: I can take you to the volcano.
Budori: Can I make it erupt?
Supernatural Cat: I dunno.
Budori: If I can make it erupt by giving up my life, I'll do it!
Supernatural Cat: Ok, here we go!

Honestly, the film would work best as an art book: the backgrounds are genuine works of art. Scotland Loves Anime 2013 was the stuff of legend for me as an event, though, so I still enjoyed it in its own way.

But I wouldn't feel so "genki" about the prospect of ever seeing the film again.
Budori Genki :p

Easily backed. Mind Game is something I've always wanted to see and the chance to make that first experience on Blu Ray I won't turn down.

We've mentioned this on the Kickstarter page, but to reiterate here this is not an Anime Limited product. We're supporting STUDIO4°C by running the Kickstarter part of their campaign for MIND GAME, but this is their product, not ours. So it won't have any of our branding on it at all. Hope that helps.

As far as you know (I won't hold you to this :)), will there ever be an AL branded release, or is this our only opportunity to own a release?

As far as you know (I won't hold you to this :)), will there ever be an AL branded release, or is this our only opportunity to own a release?

I know this doesn't answer your question exactly, but with there being a standard retail edition I can't imagine there will be

"Will this release be available through retailers after the Kickstarter?

Yes - is the short answer! It will be available to buy via retailers after the Kickstarter run and only after the Kickstarter backers have received their copies. This Kickstarter gives you the chance to own this film way ahead of everyone else! Plus, the exclusive art cards and stickers are only for crowdfunding backers!"

I know this doesn't answer your question exactly, but with there being a standard retail edition I can't imagine there will be

"Will this release be available through retailers after the Kickstarter?

Yes - is the short answer! It will be available to buy via retailers after the Kickstarter run and only after the Kickstarter backers have received their copies. This Kickstarter gives you the chance to own this film way ahead of everyone else! Plus, the exclusive art cards and stickers are only for crowdfunding backers!"
Thanks, but I was really trying to indirectly ask if a less expensive standard edition may eventually become available.

Thanks, but I was really trying to indirectly ask if a less expensive standard edition may eventually become available.

Ahhh okay yeah I see what you mean, I'd assumed it would be like Mai Mai Miracle with the collectors edition being exclusive to backers, but reading it properly it's just the stickers/art cards that are exclusive.

Depends on what the Japanese studio wants to do. They are controlling the production of the package, and setting the price.

I don't think Mind Game would sell enough to justify a standard personally.

The stretch goals segment says that initial goal is 4,5000£ but kickstarter says it's 4,500£. I'm confused.
Yeah I mentioned this to them elsewhere and it seems to be fixed now.

Anyway, I'm somewhat interested but I'm not a fan of the packaging at all, especially for the money being asked. So yeah, I'll be passing for now but may change my mind closer to the deadline.

Back