UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've wanted to watch Mind Game for many years now! The more I've become more engrossed with Anime/Film, the more eager I've become, it's one of those title's that pops up continually the deeper you get. Needless to say, this is killer news that I shall definitely be supporting.

It couldn't see any mention of offering a standard edition on the kickstarter. Does that mean there'll only be an 'added fluff' edition to hike the price? Quite enjoyed it on Netflix but I wouldn't pay £25+ for it.

Anime Limited are partnering with Studio 4C for the New Kickstarter to release Mind Game on Blu-Ray.

Launching on my payday. Well played. :)
Count me in!

Fantastic!

It's a wonderful, wonderful film. One of the best animated films of the 00s. Though I must say that I'm surprised they need to go down the Kickstarter route, when they apparently don't need to with, say, the Genius Parties. Not complaining though, I'm just musing. I'm looking forward to contributing!

Anime Limited are partnering with Studio 4C for the New Kickstarter to release Mind Game on Blu-Ray.

Launching on my payday. Well played. :)
Count me in!

Hey as l0ng as it doesn't take two years I'm all for it. ;)

As nice as my Mai Mai Miracle set is (it is rather nice), I'm not sure if it was *wait two years* nice. I actually forgot about it almost completely, and was only reminded by the sporadic updates which would very occasionally hit my inbox. Any real enthusiasm I had felt backing it at the time had kind of evaporated by December 2016 :-D

Bless Andrew in those updates though. They were always so unflinchingly optimistic.

Last edited:
Depending on the price I might join in this kickstarter. Never seen it, but I love supporting unique niche stuff as long as it doesn't break the bank

As per Studio 4C's announcement, this appears to be the package:

“MIND GAME” Premium Edition (Blu-ray & DVD)  ¥5,000  (Retail Price ¥6,000)
・“MIND GAME” Blu-ray (English subtitles, Region Free)
・“MIND GAME” DVD (English subtitles, Region Free)
・ 8 page booklet and special hardcover digipack
・“MIND GAME” 4 art cards (Crowdfunding Limited)
・“MIND GAME” 3 stickers (Crowdfunding Limited)

I think the original Japanese DVD set had quite a bit more (I think it had a storyboard book and soundtrack and a couple of other things), but it's only the Blu-Ray that I'm caring about really.

Both gundam trilogy boxes came today packed tightly in a small box and guess what! Both came damaged and i m furious about this, so I hope I have soon my replacements Jeremy :(

Last edited:
Is there going to be an update soon on the Escaflowne Ultimate Edition box replacement?

I'm also curious if anything more about the tight YLIA boxes will be said soon.

(Was easier to respond to both in one post :) )
Still working on both behind the scenes. Once all is set and such we'll be talking about them then. Hope that helps.

Is there a possibility of Anime ltd releasing Ufotable's 'Magical Sisters Yoyo and Nene'? I think Germany is the only Western country where it has been released. I know that there was an English sub made for Scotland Loves Anime.

61nfR6ehNBL._SL1500_.jpg

Is there a possibility of Anime ltd releasing Ufotable's 'Magical Sisters Yoyo and Nene'? I think Germany is the only Western country where it has been released. I know that there was an English sub made for Scotland Loves Anime.

I've noticed that Germany, France, and Italy get some really amazing stuff that no English speaking territories get access to. In some cases they get things that are actively blocked from release in English territories. I get slightly jealous when I search something on Amazon or the like, and a Blu-ray or DVD comes up, with an English title on the page. I get excited, I click it, then I scroll to the product description, and it's subbed in one of the aforementioned languages. In particular though, the amount of manga released in French is a sight to behold. I'm still waiting on an English release of the March Comes in Like a Lion manga, but France already has so much of it. :-D

France, Germany and Italy are unsurprisingly a bigger market so they get access to more stuff.

One reason I bought the FR Mushi-shi BD is because I don't believe aniplex will ever let a english speaking country have it.

Back