UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

How long until the Gurren Lagann CE zavvi exclusivity ends? I want to buy it but I don't want dents in the art case :/
In the same boat. Wondering if I buy it from zavvi, when it comes with dents, zavvi usually asks for photos, but what happends after that? Do they send the replacement in bubble envelope again??

In the same boat. Wondering if I buy it from zavvi, when it comes with dents, zavvi usually asks for photos, but what happends after that? Do they send the replacement in bubble envelope again??

Looks like I dodged a bullet when i ordered mine. Came in just a jiffy envelope but had no damage. Probably a lucky fluke though so I'm not sure I'd risk it again. They should really start putting cardboard around art boxes like they do for the steel books.

Looks like I dodged a bullet when i ordered mine. Came in just a jiffy envelope but had no damage. Probably a lucky fluke though so I'm not sure I'd risk it again. They should really start putting cardboard around art boxes like they do for the steel books.
Aside from a recent issue with SAO II part 3 I've always received Blu ray box sets(I.e Outlaw Star) in cardboard, they also tend to use boxes if you order multiple sets like I did with Arrow's Female Prisoner #701 Scorpion and Outlaw VIP.
That being said they seem to be hit and miss when it comes to packaging which is understandably frustrating :confused:

Aside from a recent issue with SAO II part 3 I've always received Blu ray box sets(I.e Outlaw Star) in cardboard, they also tend to use boxes if you order multiple sets like I did with Arrow's Female Prisoner #701 Scorpion and Outlaw VIP.
That being said they seem to be hit and miss when it comes to packaging which is understandably frustrating :confused:

I don't like these exclusivity deals (unless it's the Anime ltd webshop of course), especially when it's always Zavvi and they're known to not have the very best track record with using decent packaging to prevent damage. They do have good prices though, it's just sometimes a dice roll depending on what you order. They sometimes don't keep the best track of their stock either, which can cause issues since their customer service reps aren't always the most responsive.

I don't like these exclusivity deals (unless it's the Anime ltd webshop of course), especially when it's always Zavvi and they're known to not have the very best track record with using decent packaging to prevent damage. They do have good prices though, it's just sometimes a dice roll depending on what you order. They sometimes don't keep the best track of their stock either, which can cause issues since their customer service reps aren't always the most responsive.
That's very true, they do have their share of problems, it just seems that I'm usually just lucky with them :p Their prices are why I risk using them for box sets (for instance I got Noein for £20.99). Steelbooks and normal blu rays always arrive safely and in good condition however :)

That's very true, they do have their share of problems, it seems that I'm usually just lucky with them :p Their prices are why I risk using them for box sets (for instance I got Noein for £20.99). Steelbooks and normal blu rays always arrive safely and in good condition however :)

I've found that they always put extra packaging in the steelbook editions, but frequently fail to do so with (even more expensive) art boxes. As you say though, sometimes their prices are hard to resist. I do always feel like I'm taking more of a risk when I order an AL CE there though. I have no problem with them for standard releases and steelbooks, and given the frequency with which they get exclusive steelbook editions, that's probably a good thing.

I've found that they always put extra packaging in the steelbook editions, but frequently fail to do so with (even more expensive) art boxes. As you say though, sometimes their prices are hard to resist. I do always feel like I'm taking more of a risk when I order an AL CE there though. I have no problem with them for standard releases and steelbooks, and given the frequency with which they get exclusive steelbook editions, that's probably a good thing.
Yes I found that as well, and I do like their steels, those mailers they use should be the standard for others selling SBs. I certainly prefer ordering from Anime Ltd, early bird specials and all that, even though I've received damaged items from them as well (Jeremy is far better with customer service than Zavvi are though :)). There certainly is a risk, it just seems to work in my favour and not for others, which shouldn't be the case. No one deserves damaged boxsets!

Yes I found that as well, and I do like their steels, those mailers they use should be the standard for others selling SBs. I certainly prefer ordering from Anime Ltd, early bird specials and all that, even though I've received damaged items from them as well (Jeremy is far better with customer service than Zavvi are though :)). There certainly is a risk, it just seems to work in my favour and not for others, which shouldn't be the case. No one deserves damaged boxsets!

Oh I will almost always get AL CEs from their webshop these days. The combination of early bird deals and the money going out instantly for a preorder when I have it rather than on release day makes it a no brainer to me. Plus they have proven that they go the distance when something is wrong (even to the extent of reauthoring and replacing discs in some cases, which I've never seen another UK licensor do if something is wrong with them). When something like the Gurren Lagann CE happens though, I unfortunately can't order everything directly. If it weren't for exclusivity deals I'd probably buy all AL stuff directly from them and buy everything else from MVM's excellent storefront. I assume there is some solid financial reasoning behind the Zavvi exclusives though, so I'll usually still bite if it's something I really want.

Oh I will almost always get AL CEs from their webshop these days. The combination of early bird deals and the money going out instantly for a preorder when I have it rather than on release day makes it a no brainer to me. Plus they have proven that they go the distance when something is wrong (even to the extent of reauthoring and replacing discs in some cases, which I've never seen another UK licensor do if something is wrong with them). When something like the Gurren Lagann CE happens though, I unfortunately can't order everything directly. If it weren't for exclusivity deals I'd probably buy all AL stuff directly from them and buy everything else from MVM's excellent storefront. I assume there is some solid financial reasoning behind the Zavvi exclusives though, so I'll usually still bite if it's something I really want.
I agree, Buying directly from Anime Ltd and MVM is a good way to get things early (unless they're delayed) and having the money withdrawn is much appreciated. Replacements wise Anime Ltd are great :)

My Persona 2 film arrived yesterday from AL, looks great. I like the simplicity design of just one character on the front. Keep up the great work with the films! I may not have every series AL put out, but I do have all the films. They look really nice together.

Is there going to be an update soon on the Escaflowne Ultimate Edition box replacement?

My Persona 2 film arrived yesterday from AL, looks great. I like the simplicity design of just one character on the front. Keep up the great work with the films! I may not have every series AL put out, but I do have all the films. They look really nice together.

Is there going to be an update soon on the Escaflowne Ultimate Edition box replacement?
When my Escaflowne UE was damaged, I contacted Anime Ltd, sent photos of the damage and sent the box set back for a replacement, and was reimbursed on the shipping fees.

When my Escaflowne UE was damaged, I contacted Anime Ltd, sent photos of the damage and sent the box set back for a replacement, and was reimbursed on the shipping fees.

I believe they plan to do a replacement for people they have on a list for the internal part of the box as thats what seems to break easily.

I know I've been told I have been added to that list myself.

I believe they plan to do a replacement for people they have on a list for the internal part of the box as thats what seems to break easily.

Ah I didn't know they were doing this, I simply had to send the entire thing back. I wish they'd used foam as opposed to flimsy cardboard for the the insert, it would have held the digipak more effectively. I hope they learn from this for future UEs

Should ask about that myself. Both my original damaged set and my replacement suffered from this.

Back