UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It definitely looks like my type of film, and supporting 4c directly is mighty tempting. I am a little hesitant on the price though since it would be a blind punt for me (haven't seen the film), and for £38 I can't help feeling I could get an entire series of something for that price. Then again I did back a similar amount for Mai Mai Miracle and wasn't hesitant then.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be hesitant too - I'd be in your shoes too and if it's a blind punt there's bound to be other ways to get the film in the next year as well (it was on Netflix before anyway so other outlets are being explored anyway I'd imagine) so if not sure, waiting is always the best call I'd say!

Andrew

@anime_andrew With Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card getting its Prologue OVA in September, and releasing its series in early 2018. Will AL be interested in trying to acquire the rights to CCS Clear Card for the UK?

Last edited:
@anime_andrew With Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card getting its Prologue OVA in September, and releasing its series in early 2018. Will AL be interested in trying to acquire the rights to CCS Clear Card for the UK?

Ooh would love this, even better would be if we got the complete Blu-ray collection to go with it in the near future (I also think that AL would make a much more beautiful edition compared to the NISA one)

Ooh would love this, even better would be if we got the complete Blu-ray collection to go with it in the near future (I also think that AL would make a much more beautiful edition compared to the NISA one)

I personally have ordered the NISA release, but a mega nice AL release will prob make me triple dip for CCS.

Anyhow, back to cherry blossoms for me! Will be around more from mid next week when I'm back in the UK :).
Genuine thanks for your response, Andrew. Please don't get me wrong: I'm a massive fan of Anime Limited, and I'd wager that typing criticism like that hurts me more than it does for yourself to read it. I would like to add this, though:
Side note but you'd be amazed how many people don't read Kickstarter emails
I can imagine how that would be true, but I'm not sure if that's really the point. At least if we got an email, the onus would be on the backers to read it: the info would have at least been offered and would be freely available. But the way it was done put the onus on backers to have to actively chase up any info on the situation, especially considering that it was AL who approached us in the first place via email to ask for photos of any Patema packaging damage to put into the report. As I mentioned, it took me nearly two years to even learn that it had been looked into at all. I really do feel that backers were quite poorly treated in that regard. To be fair, there was the weekly update on Newswire in early 2014 that there was "no new update for Patema Inverted at this time", but after that ended nothing more was heard. It also made the faulty assumption that people who were affected by packaging damage on a Kickstarter-funded product were automatically reading the blog on the AL website.

I take it that the printing company who damaged the Patema Ultimate Edition o-cards during manufacture refused to take responsibility for it?

Will look into that - each one was hand-numbered which was why it took so long to organise though, which is obviously time consuming as you can guess.
@Jeremy Graves was very helpful back in August last year in answering a Facebook query of mine about the numbered art cards. He explained the various factors involved and reassured me that the numbering was still an ongoing process at that time.

Thanks again for your response, Andrew. :)

Last edited:
In the US Thunderbolt is coming July 7th.
I was wondering if you could skip ahead of schedule and release a UK version of TB soon as it would tie in well with the s2 airing

Back