UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Has anyone else's Escaflowne Ultimate Edition become broken over time? It was fine when I originally got it from AL's store.

The larger box the digipak's come in has collapsed outwards. This is due to the weight of the digipaks as you stand the box up (or leave on the side). The edges are perforated so the weight of the digipaks have ripped it.

I'm super disappointed as this is one of my favourite shows. (The other sides are coming away now too).

You can see it on one of the sides in the picture below. Older Ultimate Editions had sponge around the outside.

That's a weird one, but it's likely it was one of the unlucky few digipacks and was on the line before shipping! Drop us a line and we'll see what we can do that frontier as we don't like to see anyone super disappointed (it's a lot easier to email us to see if we can fix it than posting too I promise :3).

I've just check now and I have the same issue.It's exactly like the picture above.

Like above, drop us a mail with a picture and we'll see what we can do ^^!

AP

I just checked mine, and I dont know if this is how its meant to be but the top part of the inside box isn't stuck in place. It moves forward, and back allowing the Digipacks to move.

The one at the bottom is properly stuck in place what is making me believe it shouldn't be like this.

I just checked mine, and I dont know if this is how its meant to be but the top part of the inside box isn't stuck in place. It moves forward, and back allowing the Digipacks to move.

The one at the bottom is properly stuck in place what is making me believe it shouldn't be like this.
Mine did this and the cardboard ended up tearing, I sent my set back and got a replacement

That's a weird one, but it's likely it was one of the unlucky few digipacks and was on the line before shipping! Drop us a line and we'll see what we can do that frontier as we don't like to see anyone super disappointed (it's a lot easier to email us to see if we can fix it than posting too I promise :3).

AP

Thanks.
To be clear I meant I was disappointed that my copy of one of my favorite anime titles was damaged, not in the release itself. I was planning on emailing tomorrow as I have no doubt your company will do what they can to make it right.

Hey, I'm always one to sing AL's praises.

I think it's fair to have posted here as well to see if anyone else had a similar issue; and to just note a caution to others when taking the digipaks out of the trays.

Lo and behold, the interior of my Escaflowne is torn in a similar manner. I'll be sending you guys at AL an email with pics shortly.

Same thing has happened to mine as well so I'll be sending an email too :( Good thing that you posted this because I might not have noticed otherwise.

So... whose individual staff picks for the Mystery Boxes does everyone like best?

Staff picks bundles will be:

BD:

Gankutsuou (Andrew)
Expelled From Paradise (Jeremy)
Aldnoah Zero (Keith)
Fuse (Kerry)
HAL (Kat)

DVD:

Blood Blockade Battlefront (Andrew)
Harmony (Jeremy)
Terror in Resonance (Keith)
Beck (Kerry)
Gurren Lagann (Kat)

I'd have to go for Jeremy or Kat's choices, myself. Expelled from Paradise and Hal are personal favourites of mine, and, out of the ones I haven't seen yet, Gurren Lagann and Harmony interest me the most.

Andrew, his choice of Gankutsuou is brilliance since the series itself is superb despite it being overlooked in recent years

THE DAY HAS COME!!

My partner has just text me to say...

MAI MAI MIRACLE HAS ARRIVED!!!

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBeaker.gif

Last edited:
Has anyones mystery box actually arrived to confirm its contents? It all well and good to assume they conform to the hints put forth by All the Anime but the items could also be completely different

Has anyones mystery box actually arrived to confirm its contents? It all well and good to assume they conform to the hints put forth by All the Anime but the items could also be completely different

I doubt they'll be here for a little while. Pretty sure people who bought the SAO bundle a few days ago have still yet to get theirs, nevermind from yesterday. I know I'm waiting for Illya still myself.

Edit: Speak of the Devil! Just got a dispatch notice on Illya. If it's anything like SamFlem, it should arrive in the morning.

Last edited:
I've had my mystery box made to be sent to my home address as I'm going home for christmas just incase.

Hopefully doesn't take too long, but I imagine there is alot of packing to be done due to all the orders

Back