UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Comparison with the JP BD-Box:

410xuMu4L6L.jpg

61VFuNDYOKL.jpg

Isn't that a digipack shown in the image?
Yeah, that's why I'm asking as if you look at the disc tray it looks about the size of a normal one and takes up the entire digipack, so is it a normal sized one? Wouldn't that make the set smaller than a normal Ultimate Edition? Or is it just the image and I'm looking too much into it.....

Yeah, that's why I'm asking as if you look at the disc tray it looks about the size of a normal one and takes up the entire digipack, so is it a normal sized one? Wouldn't that make the set smaller than a normal Ultimate Edition? Or is it just the image and I'm looking too much into it.....

The whole thing looks about the size of a record, it's the depth I'm not sure about.

The booklet doesn't look that big, so it must be a large digipack. (Or perhaps the scaling on the image isn't great.)

Outlaw Star is one of my all-time favourites, and from what I've seen the JP Blu-ray transfer is spectacular. This has my interest, although I will await the price and specs.

The whole thing looks about the size of a record, it's the depth I'm not sure about.

The booklet doesn't look that big, so it must be a large digipack. (Or perhaps the scaling on the image isn't great.)
You're probably right but just looks weird to me. Not sure I'd be picking it up anyway (unless the price is right but it's Anime Limited so it probably won't be), which is sad as I love Outlaw Star a lot.

Did Outlaw Star really need a UE? It doesn't seem an overly popular show.
I mean if Terror in Resonance is apparently worthy of one, I gotta imagine Outlaw Star must be (I'd say it's far more popular anyway).

I mean if Terror in Resonance is apparently worthy of one, I gotta imagine Outlaw Star must be (I'd say it's far more popular anyway).

I think TiR got one because of it's director, Shinichiro Watanabe. Andrew has talked about wanting to Watanabe collection at some point.

Outlaw Star is probably more popular in it's own right, but I don't think it's director, Mitsuru Hongo, has the same pull. I mean, nobody's licensed his most recent series anywhere in the world (to my great disappointment)...

Japanese set for comparison:

Number of discs:
Release Date: 2014/10/29
Run Time: 692 minutes

Contents
:
26 episodes
Extras:
  • CD "SPECIAL VOCAL SELECTION" (7 Songs)
1.Through The Night (Masahiko Arimachi)
2.EDGE (Gene / Shigeru Shibuya)
3.ANOTHER DAY (Yuko Miyamura)
4. day of the month (Akino Arai)
5.A DATE (Merufina / Ayako Kawasumi)
6.SETSUNA
7. House of the Moon (Akino Arai)
  • Booklet (color / 36P)
  • Audio Extras:
Audio commentary (5 episodes)
Episode 1: Mitsuru Hongo, Hataike Hiroyuki, Katsuhiko Chiba
Episode 8: Shigeru Shibuya, Rika Matsumoto, Ayako Kawasumi, naotake furusato
Episode 20: Mitsuru Hongo, Takuya Saito, Susumu Yamaguchi, Manabu Ono, Hiroshi Okubo, Ishigaki Junya
Episode 23: Hataike Hiroyuki, Katsuhiko Chiba, naotake furusato
Episode 26: Mitsuru Hongo, Takuya Saito, Susumu Yamaguchi, Manabu Ono, Hiroshi Okubo, Ishigaki Junya
  • Video Extras:
First episode notice
Pilot video
Clean OP & ED
PV & CM Collection
Art Gallery board (still images)

Last edited:
You're positive they said Ultimate Edition or was that an assumption?
I'm wondering this too tbh as it really doesn't look like one to me and all I've seen is it mentioned on twitter....

I think TiR got one because of it's director, Shinichiro Watanabe. Andrew has talked about wanting to Watanabe collection at some point.

Outlaw Star is probably more popular in it's own right, but I don't think it's director, Mitsuru Hongo, has the same pull. I mean, nobody's licensed his most recent series anywhere in the world (to my great disappointment)...

Fair enough, I personally think things worth should be judged on their own merit rather than by who made it (and I say this as someone who actually liked TiR) but hey, what do I know :p

I don't know why people are thinking this is an UE/UE sized release, look at the disc trays, you can see the size from there. So either a) the image is wrong b) we're getting CE sized UE or c) Someone misquoted AL and it's actually just a CE

I'll likely buy this, really liked Outlaw Star when I watched recently on AL DVD release and would like a nice BD version of it.

I don't know why people are thinking this is an UE/UE sized release, look at the disc trays, you can see the size from there. So either a) the image is wrong b) we're getting CE sized UE or c)Someone misquoted AL and it's actually just a CE

I'll likely buy this, really liked Outlaw Star when I watched recently on AL DVD release and would like a nice BD version of it.
Yeah the only information we really have (as far as I'm aware) is from someone who was at the panel on twitter saying it was an Ultimate Edition but I think that may be inaccurate at this point too, or maybe I'm just hoping it is... I want the show, I don't wanna be overcharged for it (well, more so than usual....).

I'm down for an Outlaw Star Blu-ray. The HD transfer for the show is absolutely fantastic and it's by far the best to come from Sunrise.
I... wouldn't be down for an Ultimate edition though...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of Ultimate editions but I'm really not fond of the large form factor. Sometimes I wonder if they're just big for the sake of being big (like NISA's old PE sets). I just really don't have the space for them anymore, hence why I bought Terror in Resonance from Funi - but I tend to prefer smaller sets anyway. The Japanese BD Box for example is far more appealing to me because it's BD sized and uses two clear BD cases (for some reason that alone goes a long way for me compared to standard blue amarays or a digipack). If this is indeed a standard sized CE release then I will be all over it.

Question though. Is the dub going to be properly re-synced to the HD Masters this time? I've read that this was not the case for the DVD release.
I can also confirm this just from having played back episode 1 of the DVD.

Last edited:
Back