UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I have the og Gundam movie trilogy, the Gundam 0 or whatever they are movies. Orphans & Wing.
Is there any must haves I am missing?

Edit: also got my order today from royal mail.

Hi, you need to complete the complete ATA online form. You need to supply to them Zavvi's order number and copy of the email confirmation from Zavvi.

That's how I obtained a replacement copy from ATA.
Thank you!!

It's inevitable.

Thing I've never liked is when they've said "More Gundam incoming this year!"...and then it's just the budget releases.View attachment 27313
This isn’t even the budget release! This is the slipcase/art book release they’ve done for most of the Gundam before the budget release. If I recall correctly the Seed release in this format wasn’t that long after the Ultimate

The new Cyber City is up on the store. Not available to order yet; I think it's supposed to be today's early bird. A Limited Edition (was hoping for a cheaper SE but eh) with art cards for £25. Those who bought the previous edition from the AL store get a fiver off. I bought from UP 😭

The new Cyber City is up on the store. Not available to order yet; I think it's supposed to be today's early bird. A Limited Edition (was hoping for a cheaper SE but eh) with art cards for £25. Those who bought the previous edition from the AL store get a fiver off. I bought from UP 😭

Yes I got the email with the discount code for it just a few minutes ago.

in regards to that, in that link there is:

"Purchased our previous Collector's Edition of Cyber City Oedo 808 from our AllTheAnime.com store? Use discount code ILOVECYBERCITY at checkout for a £5 discount!"
Also got the email, highly doubt the code checks if you bought the original or not so probably just a generic code 🤷‍♂️ may be good for those who didn't buy first time 🎉

I'll double dip for £20. That seems like a reasonable discount considering that this is another CE. Anyone who didn't buy the previous release should be aware that the new one doesn't include the soundtrack CD.

I'll double dip for £20. That seems like a reasonable discount considering that this is another CE. Anyone who didn't buy the previous release should be aware that the new one doesn't include the soundtrack CD.
I think the original CE also has a really nice booklet that's not included in this new LE.

Yeah that's very cheeky tbh. That old CE has a bad transfer but good physical extras, meanwhile, this CE has the better transfer but worse physical extras, but hey, at least we finally have the postcards promised the first time around. shrugs

I do hope they can put out the book on vinyl or release the making of book seperately if possible.

I suppose the logic is not wanting to upset people who supported the previous release. This happening within a year was essentially impossible to predict, so the best they can do is keep something from the earlier release exclusive.

It's worth noting that this release has the Limited Edition designation. We've seen this before with Escaflowne, Re: Zero, Silver Spoon etc. Also the new Evangelion and Utena collections. They tend to be the discs with no or minimal physical extras. This is just an odd case because of this release has the new transfer - something of a no-win situation for AL in this case.

The old release itself is a technical issue. The transfer looked like an upscaled DVD DivX file from the early 2000s, compression galore, whereas the new release is a proper HD remaster. The lack of replacement is not exactly surprising, but besides the new transfer, the new release is practically the same extras wise, even using the same documentary, which, funnily enough, discusses the old transfer. I'm surprised they didn't update that doc since they could've easily tweaked some parts and fix info like "the masters are in rough shape" because it was done just before Robert Woodhead found the Tokyo Lab where the original negative was located.

Have been in lurking mode for ages (most of this year), but with the end of year and Christmas sale I thought it was time to splash some hard earned money again :)

But I do wonder is the free shipping from AL to Europe gone now? Or is there a minimum amount which needs to be spend before free shipping is applied?

Back