UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

What’s the difference between getting the gundam seed part 2 standard and ce part 2 are they not the same thing or does the ce part 2 have something extra
The CE has a small book with it. Just get the CEs, they're currently £10 cheaper than the standards for exactly the same product but with an artbox and book. Plus you will get them sooner as it's not a preorder.

The CE has a small book with it. Just get the CEs, they're currently £10 cheaper than the standards for exactly the same product but with an artbox and book. Plus you will get them sooner as it's not a preorder.
The art books vary in quality depending on what assets were given. Like some literally just feel like "Here's all the cover art we didn't use for our release".

Again, appreciate they're limited by available assets but looking at the books with other titles a lot of the Gundam ones feel so throwaway.

I really wish they wouldn't do all the pre-orders in December. it's a tough month financially. I want to preorder the Cardcaptor Sakura ordinary edition, but having to preorder them both now to get the special price is just beyond my budget. Remember when they used to stagger the volumes so I could preorder one one month and the next the following month? Especially as they take the money straight away.

2 things I’d really love if AL could somehow support are iOSs for international orders and taking payment on shipment, with all the delays I usually pay for blurays sometimes 8 months in advance

Man, some of the shows AL consider ultimate edition worthy are truly wild to me. I mean there's the generally considered joke that was Blood C, although I suspect that might have gotten sales from mega Clamp fans, edgelords and people who appreciate the show for its memetic value. But a £220 rrp Nadia release is something else.

Even putting aside the fairly known problems with the masters themselves, nearly an entire quarter of that show has been almost universally written off as unsalvageable garbage. I also remember the Manga release of the blu rays selling of £15 for over a year at one point (still didn't pick it up) & is still easily available to this day.

I know Nadia was huge back in the early 90's but I'm genuinely curious how many UK fans still exist that are willing to pick up every release, regardless of cost. Surely can't be more than a few hundred, but maybe I'm wrong. The Sadamoto designs do look gorgeous as usual, so maybe the Gainax old guard will come out in force for this.

It's a shame AL didn't at least try to get the Sentai masters.

When Discotek got Mystery of Mamo, instead of getting the DNR laden 4K BD masters, Discotek fought to get the old BD masters from 2008 which do keep film grain.
The assumption is clearly that we’ll all buy it again for the new masters because 4K despite the perfectly good Animatsu release we already own.

Mehhhh wide birth on that one.... Crazy

Whats with releasing an already released series? ...granted other is oop but still.... Nadia certainly aint the best as it is

Last edited:
I personally think that all the anime should ask what people are willing to pay for ultimate editions.
That way they can see if it's worth releasing.
I really don't think it's a price that is worth it.
I absolutely love tower of god but again not at that price.

I personally think that all the anime should ask what people are willing to pay for ultimate editions.
That way they can see if it's worth releasing.
I really don't think it's a price that is worth it.
I absolutely love tower of god but again not at that price.

I think the price point for the Tower of God UE is a good one, its just dependent on it being a show I like or not. Which tower of god is not.

If they were to release a Gunbuster or the Macross Plus UE at that price, I would be happy to pay it.

I don't like the A4 size of the UE's however. I just don't have the space to keep them on my shelves. I would much prefer they go the Eureka 7 or Wolfs rain route and have a regular chipboard box with an art book separately. Or the FMP or TIR UE's were good too.

Back