UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

G Reco IS considered main line, though. It's technically set in the same timeline as the Universal Century, but at a more advanced point in time.

I think it's an interesting move to put that out not long after putting out the original series - kind of the top and tail of the UC material on sale at the same time. It's a development like that which chows it's still an exciting time to be a Gundam fan of the physical media hungry variety.

HdE said:
G Reco IS considered main line, though. It's technically set in the same timeline as the Universal Century, but at a more advanced point in time.

I think it's an interesting move to put that out not long after putting out the original series - kind of the top and tail of the UC material on sale at the same time. It's a development like that which chows it's still an exciting time to be a Gundam fan of the physical media hungry variety.

Yeah G Reco Is Post UC when date system changes and Turn A is the culmination of all TL so again can be seen as UC these are all linked there not Seed or 00 that are completely separate

NormanicGrav said:
HdE said:
windcott said:
My main issue with al gundam releases isnt the dvd only, but how the franchise links together, i'm very new to gundam and only really pre-orderd msg due to it being the first in the series. Is there a guide to how all of these link up ? I think Anime limited should maybe include like a poster or artcard/booklet that shows how everything links up.

I think it was in this thread a few pages back that myself and somebody else outlined the basic running order of the UC shows.

Coincidentally, I've been working up something by way of 'Gundam for the uninitiated' for Youtube. If anyone wants to PM me with a specific question or issue they have about Gundam continuity, that'd be useful. I'd like to be able to create content that's genuinely helpful to people, and some folks have already suggested this kind of thing.

Yeah I posted a list of Gundam shows in timeline order, detailing which shows were dubbed and what were released on Blu-ray in Japan. If it helps I'll just list them here *it got overshadowed by being at the bottom of the page and through this long format war discussion*

[spoilerbutton]U.C. Timeline:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin [Dubbed] - Blu-ray Imports coming to UK (via Anime Ltd) - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam [Dubbed] - Blu-ray confirmed for UK - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team [Dubbed]
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket [Dubbed]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory [Dubbed] - Blu-ray scheduled for release in Japan
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam [Dubbed] - Blu-ray confirmed for UK - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - DVD only for UK - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn [Dubbed] - Some Blu-ray Imports released in UK (viz Beez) - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam - Blu-ray released in Japan

A.C. Timeline:
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan

A.D. Timeline:
Gundam Build Fighters - Blu-ray released in Japan
Gundam Build Fighters Try - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan

A.G. Timeline:
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Blu-ray released in Japan

A.W. Timeline:
After War Gundam X

C.C. Timeline:
Turn A Gundam - DVD only for UK - Blu-ray released in Japan

C.E. Timeline:
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED [Dubbed - For Blu-ray it may need a re-dub] - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer [Dubbed] - Blu-ray released in Japan
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny [Dubbed - For Blu-ray it may need a re-dub] - Blu-ray released in Japan

F.C. Timeline:
Mobile Suit G Gundam

P.D. Timeline:
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans [Dub Planned] - Blu-ray scheduled for release in Japan

R.C. Timeline:
Gundam Reconguista in G - Blu-ray confirmed for UK - Blu-ray released in Japan

So pretty much most of the franchise have been released on Blu-ray which is good. However only half of them have been dubbed in English by Bandai. The titles that are expected to hit the UK without an English dub will most likely end up DVD only, I say most likely as Gundam Reconguista in G has dodged the bullet unless however Sunrise intends on dubbing it sometime after Iron-Blooded Orphans. As for the English dubbed titles, most of them should hit the UK without any problems however SEED may cause an issue. From what I've heard the episodes in the Blu-ray remaster of both SEED & SEED Destiny are slightly different, making the English dub problematic when it comes to syncing the audio. I'm sure there's someone who can explain this better than I can but people on Fandom Post have said it's a problem.[/spoilerbutton]

But either way the best order for starters is Mobile Suit Gundam -> Zeta Gundam -> Double Zeta -> Char's Counterattack. The rest is up to you. :lol:

How do the alternate worlds relate though, do I have to watch other stuff to understand rec g ?

windcott said:
How do the alternate worlds relate though, do I have to watch other stuff to understand rec g ?

Dude, I hear people who have seen ALL the Gundam don't understand G Reco!
[Drops mic.]

I kid, I kid. I've no idea about G Reco and whether it references UC events directly or not. But in the case of the alternate timelines, none of them really relate to each other.

At the risk of getting semi spoilery, the way Turn A connects the previous shows is something you can easily discount by viewing Turn A as its own thing. I mean, it doesn't reference any of the alternate universe stories that came after it.

See why we need clear explanations of this stuff? I'll get on that Youtube guide as soon as I have a chance.

Reco referencing UC basically amounts to characters saying "People in the UC sure were violent and stupid!"

You'll get something if you've seen all the UC stuff but really you can just as easily link to any real bloodthirsty era in our history. Heck, the most overt call outs are just visual references for fans to geek out over.

thedoctor2016 said:
So now Rightstuf are shipping Gundam Part 2 before we have set 1 hmm the close releases is out of the window and a big fail

Not really a fail considering the UK release was delayed because they're including a booklet - something that's UK exclusive and not part of the Rightstuf release.

Jaysgba said:
People that are pirating the show anyway rather than holding out for the release shouldn't complain about a release not being out yet.
I pirated it too test it and get episode 15 and yes I loved it so i couldn't stop watching it and WILL BUY it and buy Zeta which I'm currently watching

NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:
So now Rightstuf are shipping Gundam Part 2 before we have set 1 hmm the close releases is out of the window and a big fail

Not really a fail considering the UK release was delayed because they're including a booklet - something that's UK exclusive and not part of the Rightstuf release.
No char on the art box and the booklet could be good though I rarely read them fully and the 2 month delay for both volumes is poor though we're 6 months behind on Turn A so not terrible

NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:

Yep! Will be worth it too in our opinion as it delivers something of value for the price along with the authoring - people's mileage may vary though there obviously :).

Andrew

£40 for 21eps on BR is cheap anyway people who disagree don't really understand the cost in Japan WHERES it 4x the cost for the same show though on more discs as I would have wanted 6 discs 3 for each set instead of 2 and episode 15 which is pretty good actually for Amuro fighting Zeon in his underwear for most of it

I'm looking forward to giving the show a try when the blu-ray comes out over here. You shouldn't need to pirate something before buying it to see if you like it, and I think Anime Limited have proven themselves capable of choosing good anime for us by now.

Jaysgba said:
I'm looking forward to giving the show a try when the blu-ray comes out over here. You shouldn't need to pirate something before buying it to see if you like it, and I think Anime Limited have proven themselves capable of choosing good anime for us by now.

I think that's a little unfair to say. Not that I'm advocating piracy or anything but an anime being good doesn't mean you'll like it. Like I'm sure that half the stuff Qaiz watches (Can't name anything off the top of my head, I hope he doesn't mind me using him as an example) are good shows, but I would never even consider watching them. Same goes the other way around, I can't see him watching great shows I love like K-On or Monogatari. Personal taste is a large factor.

Emulsion said:
Jaysgba said:
I think Anime Limited have proven themselves capable of choosing good anime for us by now.
Nope.

Like anyone, we make good calls sometimes that work for most, sometimes it's a personal choice for us and others disagree, others it's part of a package :). Mileage varies and we do pick some good anime - or at least I'd like to think so (in a completely biased way :D).

Andrew

Jaysgba said:
I'm looking forward to giving the show a try when the blu-ray comes out over here. And I think Anime Limited have proven themselves capable of choosing good anime for us by now.

I would agree on this statement. Their catalogue is rather interesting, sure there were some odd additions but give them the collector's treatment and they stand out well. To me what makes Anime Limited shine are the older licenses they pick up like Cowboy Bebop, Perfect Blue, Haruhi Suzumiya, Tokyo Marble Chocolate and The Place Promised.

thedoctor2016 said:
They have prison school SO No

DNp9tDUm.jpg

Prison School, imo, was one of the best shows of the Summer 2015 season. Gakuto was also hilarious.

Back