UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Gundam ordered. £18 with Screen Anime code

We have crossed the threshold into "late UC"
And we have also completed the Gundam titles that have been BBFC'd before. While SEED is technically the final one, AL will have to re-rate the whole thing due to additional footage, tweaks, new dub etc.

Hopefully 0080 is next, I keep hearing how it's one of the best in the Gundam franchise.

And we have also completed the Gundam titles that have been BBFC'd before. While SEED is technically the final one, AL will have to re-rate the whole thing due to additional footage, tweaks, new dub etc.

Hopefully 0080 is next, I keep hearing how it's one of the best in the Gundam franchise.
Kinda hoping for one I haven't seen before like G Gundam or Build Fighters!

I'd go even further and say that War in the Pocket in straight up one of the best anime.

It’s good and all but I don’t find it Gundam as it’s the cliche a child learns what war is all about. Not saying it’s bad but it’s not that original.
It is probably the best non TV Gundam however especially of the 90s.

Maybe one day Sunrise will actually make some more late UC anime to flesh out the whole Jovian empire thing. As good as Unicorn was it's time to move out of the colonies conflict if I had it my way.

I do think Sunrise are stuck in UC due to its sales and them loving their import sales.
I do hope Hathaway’s flash is good as said before NT killed all the reboot unicorn did. For me Hathaway’s flash is their last chance for me if it’s poor I will just stick to the older Gundam I like. I also would have thought IBOs success would have lead to more TV series yet here we are 4 years later and no new TV shows.

I'm one of the people who bought it, and it's a beautiful set, so I could never regret buying it. I'm biased because of that, of course, but I'd really love a similar stand-alone treatment for 2.22. I can see it now: Asuka on the front and Mari on the back to mirror the Shinji/Rei artwork of 1.11. It'd be perfect! 😛
I didn't even know this existed otherwise would've definitely forked out for one. Looked it up and certainly agree that it is beautiful and I normally don't get excited over extras like art cards, but the ones in that set are groovy. Am really hoping that AL bring out a collector's boxset for the rebuild movies in the same vein. Maybe after they release the UE of the TV series they can focus on the rebuilds.

It’s good and all but I don’t find it Gundam as it’s the cliche a child learns what war is all about. Not saying it’s bad but it’s not that original.
It is probably the best non TV Gundam however especially of the 90s.
Mate, that's literally Gundam's mission statement. It's always been aimed at kids who have grown past 'goodies vs baddies' and want something that bit more demanding that starts looking at how complex real war and politics are.

0080 is Gundam summed up in 6 episodes.

Mate, that's literally Gundam's mission statement. It's always been aimed at kids who have grown past 'goodies vs baddies' and want something that bit more demanding that starts looking at how complex real war and politics are.

0080 is Gundam summed up in 6 episodes.
I’ve seen it done better elsewhere: when it hyped to high Heaven and I’ve seen the same story done better. I still like it but don’t love it. People have hyped it to high Heaven and yeah it’s well paced and well performed. But a simple story can only go so far.
The fact they decide Char is evil again in CCA and is my main problem with that film they forget development of these grey characters.
The more people say 0080 is that amazing the more I think it’s not that good. It’s good and all but not the best thing maybe I waited too long to watch as it was 3rd last Gundam thing I watched due to waiting for the BD.
Zeta I think is darker and explores the grey side of war better, Ala After War.

'Child learns what war is all about' is not a cliche.

And 0080 is a masterpiece.
It is. I’ve seen it a lot. Or similar versions
And no it’s not it’s 7,5/10
I liked it but because it had no surprises I could tell where it went I just don’t think it’s amazing. I even said it was the best OVA till Unicorn.

Last edited:
I've just noticed that Children of the Sea has been pushed back to 29th March, yet people have received copies from the AL store. How does it take 3 weeks to get stock to other retailers!? This doesn't usually happen. Pls don't happen with Konosuba s2 🙏

Anyone else had issues with the Attack on Titan Season 2 vinyl? My order arrived faulty with skipping issues and though I received a replacement this too had similar issues. Was wondering if this was a more widespread issue or if I'm just really unlucky

Back