UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

From the bits and pieces I've heard, it sounds like the bridge between Funimation and Khara is pretty much burnt now. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I don't watch anime dubbed, so that part of the distribution deal has no bearing on me personally.
People have told me they probably still do due to the old original agreement but I think yes if Khara can get out it they already have.
the potential loss of the dub would have been issue if I never heard what the rumors of why 3.33 was changed so much, no homo can go die.

I'd really love a similar stand-alone treatment for 2.22. I can see it now: Asuka on the front and Mari on the back to mirror the Shinji/Rei artwork of 1.11. It'd be perfect!
+1 to this, a set of actually MATCHING Eva Rebuild films would be fantastic, I'm not sure that exists anywhere in the world outside of Japan. I never bought Manga's 3.33 because I was just sick of the cover art being totally different on every volume.

I've heard that the first three Rebuild films recently got a re-release in Japan in 4DX / IMAX. I wonder if there was any remastering done prior to this - or an HDR pass?

There was a rumor that Khara saw the original dub premiere screening and people laughed at the Kaworu and Shinji piano scene and thatā€™s what made Khara change it. People laughed either because the dub made it ā€œno homoā€ as Iā€™m sure that phrase was used in the post I saw describing the event or just made it take the wrong tone.
I hate no homo so much that if that was true i donā€™t want to touch the dub ever and after FUNis Free eternal summer dub which was 2015 I believe it to be true.

There was a rumor that Khara saw the original dub premiere screening and people laughed at the Kaworu and Shinji piano scene and thatā€™s what made Khara change it.
I thought Khara intervened because of Asuka's line "He's not an idiot: he's an a*shole."

For the record, when I saw 3.0 at a packed Glasgow Film Theatre back in 2013, people laughed at the piano scene, and that was in Japanese with subs.

I thought Khara intervened because of Asuka's line "He's not an idiot: he's an a*shole."

For the record, when I saw 3.0 at a packed Glasgow Film Theatre back in 2013, people laughed at the piano scene, and that was in Japanese with subs.
Weirdly enough the Blu-ray disc if I remember correctly actually had both the theatrical and revised subtitle translations.

Weirdly enough the Blu-ray disc if I remember correctly actually had both the theatrical and revised subtitle translations.
Interestingly, that menu option is actually completely disingenuous, because the so-called "theatrical" subtitles are certainly not the ones I remember from seeing 3.0 at the cinema. Both subtitle tracks on the disc are actually the same thing; it's just that the "home video" track adds Japanese name suffixes to characters' names where applicable (bar one instance where they forgot) and extra subtitles for background technobabble.

Wait did the dub actually use the phrase "no homo"?!
Not that I'm aware of. I read the Evageeks forum from time to time, and I once read a topic about the original Funimation dub. It mentioned Asuka's line that I quoted before but certainly not anything about the piano scene, so I seriously doubt it; it definitely would've been mentioned otherwise. In fact, it would've caused an outright scandal on that site. And rightly so.

(Shouldn't we be talking about this in the Eva thread anyway?)

I donā€™t know if that fixes the problem or just makes it worse. I do think the author said people laughed at the scene not the dub and they believe Khara blamed the dub which if people laughed at the 3.0 showing tracks. As for me now I love the film that scene is the emotional core so I can kind of seeing Khara being pissed. I donā€™t think no homo was said in the dub but I could see it being implied as again Iā€™ve only now seen it with Kharaā€™s subs.
But one line Khara could have just changed one line, we will never know what caused the change unless Khara became very open.

Last edited:
Hi folks - just figured I'd chip in on this one as our e-mail newsletter is very much in my wheelhouse (so let me also take this opportunity to apologise for any and all bad puns in newsletters ;) )

This is actually really useful feedback, so the discussion is appreciated here - it's all about trying to find a balance between a clean, easy to read design for folks while still conveying all of the key information, so I'll definitely factor this in for the weekly deal messages in the future. Expect this to change moving forward as a result, so thanks again all!
Thanks :) what about having the photos of both format photos side by side (both hyperlinked to the relevant page) with their respective prices in red underneath? You can always add an additional click box or 2 underneath for people that either don't realise they're clickable &/or a couple of links to rest of catalogue/hot new releases/last chance.

I think even in vertical mode on mobiles most screens are high resolution enough now for it to look clear. Just an idea, it'd let people see both at a glance and decide then.

You do have to have the red panda featured somewhere though, it's not optional.

As for prices it's just a personal thing with me :p, I'm not saying the sale prices aren't good; I just suddenly have 2 young children so my time & disposable income has vanished and mostly only buy stuff that's kid friendly so I have an excuse when it turns up in the post!

So I was trying to order F91 and....

UK:
Total Ā£19.99 (including Ā£3.33 in taxes)

International:
Total Ā£23.99 (including Ā£4 in taxes)

with the "VAT" subtracted, international price before shipping is the same as the UK price with VAT.

So I was trying to order F91 and....

UK:
Total Ā£19.99 (including Ā£3.33 in taxes)

International:
Total Ā£23.99 (including Ā£4 in taxes)

with the "VAT" subtracted, international price before shipping is the same as the UK price with VAT.
Indeed, seems to be an issue where the VAT is not being subtracted on this for non UK customers, should be Ā£16 ex VAT yet I am still being charged Ā£19.99

Back