UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey, don't apologise to me, dude. 🙂

But yeah, I can go along with that, certainly.

(Though if I was trying to get someone to click a link in an email, I'd do it exactly like AL do. It's clever. 😅)
It's a nice idea but how often will it work? They mostly go straight into my deleted folder now without following the links and even if I do click them I don't end up buying so, from my perspective, it's a poor marketing decision and suggests they lack a little faith in their own pricing.

£7.99 would be an impulse buy for me for a blu-ray movie, £9.99 isn't a trigger for me because £10 is generally the maximum I will pay nowadays anyway; I can always wait or pick it up cheaper 2nd hand in the future (although I'm not a fan of buying 2nd hand in small markets.)

I find the weekly deal emails a bit annoying because they feel laid out to be misleading.

Maybe it's not the intention but the way AL always uses the image of the bluray and attention grabbing colour for the price seems aimed specifically at making you think the bluray is priced that way.

Either put both in the email with seperate prices and images or show the format that's actually selling for the attention grabbing price.
Hi folks - just figured I'd chip in on this one as our e-mail newsletter is very much in my wheelhouse (so let me also take this opportunity to apologise for any and all bad puns in newsletters ;) )

This is actually really useful feedback, so the discussion is appreciated here - it's all about trying to find a balance between a clean, easy to read design for folks while still conveying all of the key information, so I'll definitely factor this in for the weekly deal messages in the future. Expect this to change moving forward as a result, so thanks again all!

Do you think that AL will be the ones to release Evangelion 3 + 1 or is it going to be Manga? Also, any chance we will get a new collection with all the rebuilds in one nice package?
Considering Evangelion 1.11 has been out of print for a year or so now in North America, I'm not convinced Funimation will be able to get 3.0+1.0 and chances are that GKIDS will take over the Rebuild of Evangelion film series from here on (and therefore AL can technically get the other films later).

Considering Evangelion 1.11 has been out of print for a year or so now in North America, I'm not convinced Funimation will be able to get 3.0+1.0 and chances are that GKIDS will take over the Rebuild of Evangelion film series from here on (and therefore AL can technically get the other films later).
That would be awesome 😃 The releases are very inconsistent so I don't really know which ones to get 🤔

Hopefully Anime Limited can come to the rescue and make an ultimate edition or something of the rebuild movies 😃

That would be awesome 😃 The releases are very inconsistent so I don't really know which ones to get 🤔

Hopefully Anime Limited can come to the rescue and make an ultimate edition or something of the rebuild movies 😃
I'm down for double-dipping on Evangelion films, heck they could use the opportunity to acquire the 3.333 version of the third film which is tweaked to fit more in line with 3.0+1.0 (mainly on the visual stuff but still neat to see).

I'm down for double-dipping on Evangelion films, heck they could use the opportunity to acquire the 3.333 version of the third film which is tweaked to fit more in line with 3.0+1.0 (mainly on the visual stuff but still neat to see).
I'm all in for that as well 😃 I hope they're trying to acquire them.
I wonder when we will hear more about that Evangelion UE they teased last year
Yes! Hyped and patiently waiting for more news. I'm hoping for some news during spring.

wouldn't mind if they wanted to re-release all 3 in a set similar to the Code Geass movies, only problem being that it'll most likely be a slap in the face for the people who bought the AL release of 1.11 a couple years ago

chances are that GKIDS will take over the Rebuild of Evangelion film series from here on (and therefore AL can technically get the other films later).
heck they could use the opportunity to acquire the 3.333 version of the third film
My god, it'd be something of a dream come true if this is how it pans out. 😖🤞

Hopefully Anime Limited can come to the rescue and make an ultimate edition or something of the rebuild movies
it'll most likely be a slap in the face for the people who bought the AL release of 1.11 a couple years ago
I'm one of the people who bought it, and it's a beautiful set, so I could never regret buying it. I'm biased because of that, of course, but I'd really love a similar stand-alone treatment for 2.22. I can see it now: Asuka on the front and Mari on the back to mirror the Shinji/Rei artwork of 1.11. It'd be perfect! 😛

I've got the accompanying booklet for 1.11 twice (Manga's and AL's) but not the one for 2.22. I'd love the chance to put that right.

Bar if you like the dub. Without FUNi 4 would have a different dub and so would 1.11-3.33 it would allow for one cast for all the series finally but they wouldn’t be able to finish the rebuilds with the original rebuild cast . By Shinji’s rebuild VAs hints it does seem they’ve lost it.

wouldn't mind if they wanted to re-release all 3 in a set similar to the Code Geass movies, only problem being that it'll most likely be a slap in the face for the people who bought the AL release of 1.11 a couple years ago
I bought the individual movies fully aware that someday there would be a complete boxset that I'd want to replace them with. I actually didn;t think it would take this long so I got a lot more use out of those original releases than I expected.

Back