Anime Limited 12 Days of Christmas 2018

This has happened before. Ordered from HMV Ireland last January and another board members order, which had the same contents, ended up with my delivery address on it too. Both packages were sent by Sony DADC.
Even my work doesn't make that mistake. If we have the wrong labels we print the correct ones straight away,
I'm not in dispatch but my impression is that my factory rarely delivers to the wrong adress

Even my work doesn't make that mistake. If we have the wrong labels we print the correct ones straight away,
I'm not in dispatch but my impression is that my factory rarely delivers to the wrong adress
It had my name on but @sniper_samurai address on so wouldn't have looked exactly like a duplicate, eventually managed to get it sent again but they (HMV Ireland) wouldn't believe me when I told them.

So glad I found this forum because I probably would be a lot more annoyed otherwise. So much for Christmas delivery let alone 2018 after all.

But I can imagine AL are pretty mad with Sony themselves.

Received my Day 9 order with Tatami Galaxy. It was packaged in a mailer with tear strip that for some reason was covered in tape on both sides.

So glad I found this forum because I probably would be a lot more annoyed otherwise. So much for Christmas delivery let alone 2018 after all.

But I can imagine AL are pretty mad with Sony themselves.
Communication AL need to improve upon though. It’s not 100%’s Sony’s fault. I’m saying yes it’s 95% Sony’s fault but AL still need to improve that 5%

I think AL had some great deals on & if I had seen them on a US site I'd have still ordered them and would be in the same situation of waiting for them to arrive.

I feel bad for the people that were ordering for Christmas presents and I was initially frustrated at not being able to change the delivery address which was subsequently resolved. As a community though, we regularly order from abroad to get our fix and are used to long delivery times of 2-4 weeks so it doesn't seem worth the stress and rage some people seem to be experiencing.

As a community though, we regularly order from abroad to get our fix and are used to long delivery times of 2-4 weeks so it doesn't seem worth the stress and rage some people seem to be experiencing.

Why are people so willing to defend what has ended up being a terrible experience with "well if you import then your used to it"

Actually I'm not used to not knowing where my package it, or having to manually chase up its current status. No customer should be used to that.

Why are people so willing to defend what has ended up being a terrible experience with "well if you import then your used to it"

Actually I'm not used to not knowing where my package it, or having to manually chase up its current status. No customer should be used to that.

My point is why continue to get so irate about it? You're not going to change it by doing so and if it had been an order from abroad would we even be having this conversation?
I'm sure AL is doing what they can, they're always punctual in replying to queries.

As for not being used to not knowing, maybe you always pay for pricey tracked delivery but I've never really had that and between dispatch & delivery or domestic arrival I never really hear anything about stuff I've ordered from America or Australia.

What did you want AL to do differently?

Recall everything & arrange a different distributor to send them out? That would take longer.

Use any available stock to try and fulfil them? That wouldn't be financially feasible & would still fail to cover a lot of orders.

Force the distributor to upgrade everything to tracked? I don't think they could sadly. AL is a little company & a legal battle would be a big financial risk, especially against a much bigger company.

Communicate more? They've promptly answered every email I've sent on my individual orders and sent blanket emails updating everyone on the situation and offered refunds.

Partial refunds? With everything being sold at sale prices AL could stand to lose huge as the profit margins would be lower anyway and they may never even recover, meaning 1 less uk licensor.

Last edited:
Communicate more? They've promptly answered every email I've sent on my individual orders and sent blanket emails updating everyone on the situation and offered refunds.

Emails that you only get by chasing them up is imo poor. Why aren't we getting more open communication that is put in places people will see. It's all fine, and dandy that you yourself have a private email of details, and feel free to share stuff here about what you've learned.

But why as customers must we HAVE to chase them up to get any information. Why can't AL go pull the data of all shipped orders, and update our order confirmations instead of us having to chase them up for such information.

offering to cancel the order, and 1 email about the situation is honestly pretty **** communication overall to a situation thats been nearly going on for a month now.

Last edited:
1. My point is why continue to get so irate about it? You're not going to change it by doing so and if it had been an order from abroad would we even be having this conversation?
I'm sure AL is doing what they can, they're always punctual in replying to queries.

2. As for not being used to not knowing, maybe you always pay for pricey tracked delivery but I've never really had that and between dispatch & delivery or domestic arrival I never really hear anything about stuff I've ordered from America or Australia.

3. What did you want AL to do differently?

Recall everything & arrange a different distributor to send them out? That would take longer.

Use any available stock to try and fulfil them? That wouldn't be financially feasible & would still fail to cover a lot of orders.

Force the distributor to upgrade everything to tracked? I don't think they could sadly. AL is a little company & a legal battle would be a big financial risk, especially against a much bigger company.

Partial refunds? With everything being sold at sale prices AL could stand to lose huge as the profit margins would be lower anyway and they may never even recover, meaning 1 less uk licensor.
1. It might not change anything, however not speaking about their ****-ups doesn't give them the necessary feedback that can prevent a similar situation from happening in the future. Also I'm from the Netherlands so I order pretty much everything from abroad and still get updates regulary even when it's not shipped. So stop defending bad business practices with bad arguments.
2. Except the problem is that the stuff hasn't even been shipped yet. So your pricey tracking stuff isn't even an argument at this point.
3. Well you pretty much said it yourself. Communicate more. As a customer I should NOT have to mail them about the order status. THEY should contact customers first if there's any relevant change such as a delay. It's called customer service. Heck even though MVM doesn't mail individual customers they still use their social media to let their customers know if there's a delay or if something arrived earlier. AL could have done this too considering it doesn't take 5 ******* minutes to write about it on twitter.

Back