Anime at the cinema

I don't mind taking the risk at my local cinema if they can do this:
  1. Restrict access to Premium members + block those wanting a Premium membership until the pandemic improves.
  2. Only allow those who have masks to attend.
  3. Leave gaps in-between each seat.
  4. The ticket verification at my local cinema has a QR code setup so there's no need for staff to be next to it. Basically only the bar and snack section will require personal. Buying tickets can be done online so there's no need to touch box office machines (in fact make ticket access online only as well).
  5. Tweak the times of the films to reduce busy hours.
But again I wouldn't allow cinemas to actually re-boot until at least the beginning of August (and beginning of September for non-premium members).

I just want to go see a movie-any movie at a theater. Nuts to this watching stuff at home crap.
Amen. As soon as a local cinema is open again, I’m going. Don’t care what the movie is, I just need to see something on the big screen.

Amen. As soon as a local cinema is open again, I’m going. Don’t care what the movie is, I just need to see something on the big screen.

I was going to suggest looking for a drive in if you have a car, but prices are high unless you have passengers. They are setting up a few outdoor screens in London parks for socially distanced local residents. Picnic and a movie.

Drive in theaters are pretty much a thing of the past here in the us with very few exceptions.

Last edited:
Nah I'm with the doctor here, I rather not take the risk and besides if you're going to complain about watching at home then why even bother buying blu-ray lol.

eh, I have my basement theater room with a 120" projection screen, so I don't even need to bother going to a commercial theater; the apparent screen size is much larger from my sofa than sitting in a public theater anyway. The last live-action movie I went to see in a commercial theater was the third Hobbit movie, Battle of the Five Armies., about 6 years ago.

If they don't go bankrupt before then!
Donations and partnerships has managed to keep the cinema active all of these years. They can't make it available immediately due to the design of the rooms which aren't social distance friendly. A lot of smaller independent cinemas will likely have this issue. Grabbing tickets isn't an issue though as that can be done online, it's more so how to move around which is the issue.

I don't really know about the state of movie theaters in the uk but here in the us quite a few theater chains are making noises about going bankrupt.

Back