4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

A few upcoming 4K releases for those who had missed it:
  • Avengers 1-4 Collection (Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War, Endgame) [UHD + BD] - 26th April
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition Remastered [UHD] - 26th April
  • Big Fish [UHD + BD] - 2021
  • Game of Thrones (individual Seasons) [UHD + BD] - 12th April
  • My Fair Lady [UHD + BD] - 24th May
  • Soul [UHD + BD] - 29th March
  • Wonder Woman 1984 [UHD + BD] - 22nd March
US releases:
  • The Final Countdown [UHD + BD / Blue Underground] - 27th April
  • Santa Sangre [UHD + BD / Severin Films] - 27th April
  • Super 8 [UHD + BD / Paramount] - 25th May

Managed to snag a PS5 from GAME's website this morning so in celebration I went ham, emptied my savings and also got the LG 55CX I been saving up for.
I’ve had an LG OLED 48CX for a few months now and it’s a great TV! Didn’t have the room for a 55” model unfortunately.

Looks like we’re due an Indiana Jones 4K boxset soon, it’s been rumoured for a while I believe but now Target over in the US have it listed and there’s a UPC attached to it.
Looks like they accidentally put 4 movie collection when we all know there's only 3... weird 🤷‍♂️

Aliens must have done it

Honestly I don't mind Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I think it's on par at least with Temple of Doom for corniness.
I think if I went back and watched it now with my mind set to 'its just a slice of life spin off that means nothing' I'd probably enjoy it more.

It's the Fumoffu to Raiders Full Metal Panic!
(Keeping it anime centric) 😉

Aliens must have done it

Honestly I don't mind Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I think it's on par at least with Temple of Doom for corniness.
My thoughts are similar to be honest, I need a refresh on all four films but I don’t recall liking Temple of Doom any more or less than Crystal Skull, as they both have their drawbacks. Holy Grail is my personal fave so am looking forward to what I hope is a great new release.

I hope/assume that Super 8 gets a release here too. It has a reputation as being a bit of a Spielberg rip-off, which it is, but it's a darn good one and in retrospect feels like the missing link between Spielberg's own oeuvre and the nostalgia factory of Stranger Things.

The Ten Commandments is also coming from Paramount; it's good to see them releasing some catalog titles - even if it's catalog titles that I have little interest in. As has been said, they've supposedly got Indiana Jones coming in June which is an exciting prospect. Spielberg must be the most represented director on the format and all of the releases thus far have been truly excellent. I finally got the Close Encounters of the Third Kind UHD this week and it's just stunning - audio as well as video. That bass! I'm really hoping we get an upgrade of A.I. Artificial Intelligence for its 20th Anniversary this year - I think it's probably Spielberg's best film, or at least it's a very strong contender in a crowded field.

Re: Crystal Skull...I think the worst part about it is Shia LaBeouf; the film seemed to try and set him up to take over the main role, which he proved himself totally unsuited for. The main problems with the film lie in the script, which is mostly George Lucas' fault.

Interestingly, it seems that Zavvi will be stocking the UHD releases of American boutique labels - they have Santa Sangre up for pre-order. It looks like it'll be a stunning release, but I'm not sure it's a film I'm willing to drop that much cash on.

Last edited:
1615845253693.jpeg
Relive the unforgettable exploits of world-renowned, globetrotting hero Indiana Jones in spectacular 4K Ultra HD when the INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION arrives in a new 4K Ultra HD set June 8, 2021 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment. The cinematic classic that started it all—Raiders of the Lost Ark—celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, having first introduced audiences to the man with the hat on June 12, 1981. Forty years later, the legendary hero continues to captivate new generations of fans. Now, for the first time ever, all four films are available together in 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision® and HDR-10 for ultra-vivid picture quality and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos® audio*. Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark with All Four Indiana Jones Movie Adventures on 4K Ultra HD for the First Time

Deluxe 4K Ultra HD Set Arrives June 8, 2021

In addition, all four films were remixed at Skywalker Sound under the supervision of legendary sound designer Ben Burtt to create the Dolby Atmos® soundtracks. All original sound elements were used to achieve the fully immersive Dolby Atmos® mixes while staying true to each film’s original creative intent.

The INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes images from all four films. Each film is presented on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc with original theatrical trailers and access to digital copies. The set also includes a Blu-ray™ with seven hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:

On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark

§ From Jungle to Desert

§ From Adventure to Legend

· Making the Films

§ The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary)

§ The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark

§ The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

§ The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

· The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)

· Behind the Scenes

§ The Stunts of Indiana Jones

§ The Sound of Indiana Jones

§ The Music of Indiana Jones

§ The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones

§ Raiders: The Melting Face!

§ Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)

§ Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)

§ Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute

§ Indy’s Friends and Enemies

§ Iconic Props (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)

§ The Effects of Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)

§ Adventures in Post Production (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)

Zack Snyder's Justice League is now available to pre-order on Amazon. Details are TBC other than some bonus features mentioned but I know the French release was listed as 2 4K discs & 2 BD discs.

I just had a new TV delivered yesterday so I'm pleased to say I'm joining you all in the heady realm of 4K. I have my cables and a spanking new 4K player with multi region mod.

The question is though: as a HDR newb what settings do you more experienced people recommend for films and gaming? I will primarily be playing Blu rays on it and the occasional 4K disc (Got about 25 4K discs that came with Blu steelbooks since I collect em and they often have bundles of both formats lately). I most often game on PS4 Pro though i occasionally use the switch and regular Xbox One (which I realise are just standard HD) sometimes the PC which is connected to my TV sees some gaming but rarely.

I know it has stuff like filmmaker mode which uses AI and metadata and a game mode but what settings within different modes would you recommend? Any advice for me?

Just realised in my excitement I forgot to mention which model it is :oops: It's an LG OLED55CX5LB (2020 model)

Last edited:
Back