4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

Great collection @farzam1999, I also had to pull out my 4Ks from elsewhere. I’m planning on getting some of the upcoming MCU/Disney 4K releases to either upgrade my existing editions or in several instances buy for the first time.

I recently purchased a 4K TV and have an Xbox One S for playback! I don’t have that many MCU titles so a lot of the 4K releases for those will be first time purchases.

The big upcoming release I’m looking forward to is Apocalypse Now, but I’m keen on upgrading as many films I have as possible, bearing in mind the cost and importing also. I’d buy more often from SecondSpin but I like slipcovers and there isn’t a garuantee there.

My 4K collection is really small and unfortunately, I can't take any photos of them as they are back in my vault in another location.

But to provide a recap here's what I own on the format:
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Creed
  • Deadpool 2
  • Get Out
  • Halloween (1978)
  • The Shape of Water
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Split
I don't own a 4K Blu-ray player or own a 4K TV however my parents own the TV so that part is sorted, what I am doing is essentially future-proofing my films that are coming to 4K and own them in that format (because you're essentially saving a lot of money from re-buying them as the 4K sets are combo packs). To resolve the 4K player thing I plan on getting that sorted through the next-generation console hardware (PlayStation 5 or Xbox Scarlet).

In terms of films that I am probably going to buy next in 4K, it's looking to be Shadow next which is the first Asian film released in the 4K format for the UK since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon did years ago. Apocalypse Now: Final Cut I have expressed interest for though I have yet to decide if I should spend the extra money through the special edition or the standard given that I already own the special edition Apocalypse Now Redux that I'm pretty sure has most of the content that's included on the 4K special edition.

4k anime or Bust ? i hope we see the 4k ghost in the shell films , akira we will ( if i recall)

discotek is putting out a 4K cobra BD withHDR10 ( even if the master is a **** stain) the colurs will pop

got about 20 4k disks so far dont relly plan on replacing everything

want to order Scarface :)

as for marvel titles i guess since i dont own many il buy what ever 40 4K film mega set that comes out

and i suppose il have to Re buy the original 6 star wars films when they come in 4K ;)

Scarface is high on my list, especially as the current Blu Ray Transfer is one of Universal’s older ones. I’ve asked for a few 4K titles for my birthday, some I already have Blus for and others for titles I hadn’t gotten yet.

Curious to see how the older Pixar titles look in 4K as the Blu Rays were very impressive in my book.

There's not much of a PQ difference in the new MCU titles, other than HDR. Mostly because they are pushing the limits of the blu-ray format, and getting the best PQ as possible. But the colours do really pop!

I usually wait for big sales and then go crazy lol. I got The Dark Knight trilogy for $42 shipped to Denmark, then I sell the digital codes, as they go for around $25, which knocks a lot off of the price. I like when Amazon do the sales, like Prime Day and Black Friday. This can be done with basically any US title that come with digital codes.

At the moment the only ones I want is the MCU titles, John Wick 3, Hobbs and Shaw and Creed. Other than that I would love more catalouge titles would get a release. The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars and could go on forever.

To what @NormanicGrav said, I'm also looking forward to receiving Shadow. The reviewer on blu-ray.com gave it a 5/5 for both PQ and AQ. Hoping to get mine next Monday!

Other than that, I would also be interested in The Shining, Apocalypse Now and Scarface. Haven't seen any of them, so I would either have to blind buy them at great prices or lending from my library beforehand.
Whereabouts do you sell digital codes? I have a couple I’ll never use and wouldn’t mind making a few quid.

Blu-ray.com, but found out that there's a subreddit for it, where there's a lot of members, so there should be good possibilites for sales. The sub is reddit.com/r/DigitalCodeSELL, but remember to read through their rules to not get banned lol. Also see if someone has sold the same codes as you have, then you know how would they could potentially go for.

Damn @Patient-X! Really impressive!
I’ll give them both a look. I lurk the former often so maybe I’ll find a buyer.

Another curio I have is whether there are any 4K releases to avoid? I’ve heard that the T2: Judgment Day release has some bad DNR or something along those lines but wasn’t sure if there were any other stinkers hovering around.

Another curio I have is whether there are any 4K releases to avoid? I’ve heard that the T2: Judgment Day release has some bad DNR or something along those lines but wasn’t sure if there were any other stinkers hovering around.
Yeah, T2 is a stinker. I had it, watched it and sold it. The US Lionsgate Blu-ray is the best version out there. There's a useful thread over on Blu-ray.com with a list of DNR'd UHDs.

Yeah, T2 is a stinker. I had it, watched it and sold it. The US Lionsgate Blu-ray is the best version out there. There's a useful thread over on Blu-ray.com with a list of DNR'd UHDs.
Thanks for the link, will look into some of those titles to see how severe the DNR is. I’ve noticed that some titles on the list had good reviews so maybe it’s a case of too much being a bad thing at times like with Blu Ray.

Can agree on the 2001 PQ, it's simply amazing, one of WB's best looking 4K titles.

I've read that Forrest Gump and Goodfellas should have pretty bad PQ, also the Bourne movies (I think).
Good to hear that it’s a great improvement over the Blu Ray! Saddened to hear that my favourite film doesn’t have a great 4K release, one to get if it’s very cheap then.

Which of them? lol. If it's Forrest Gump, it could be gotten during Prime Day for $12 + shipping, then a digital code that could potentially be sold for $10. The Paramount titles: The Gladiator, Braveheart and Forrest Gump are harder to find digital codes for, meaning people pay higher prices for them.
Goodfellas! (forgot to type the name in 🙃).

Back