4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

For anyone else that wants to know (because I was curious) the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit 4k sets are in a fat Amaray box stuffed with 9 discs with a slip cover.

Last edited:
I didn't know where else to put this but I have a code from the 4k set of Blade Runner which expires on the 31st (so literally in a few days). I don't want it so feel free to take it.

blade.jpg

Alas the Battle Royale 4K UHD announcement was discussed in the Asian Cinema Thread. I have that and Donnie Darko UHD pre-ordered from HMV for when they release in April.

I recently picked up a selection of 4K titles from a US based eBay seller so I have some catching up to do with my 4K backlog. That Godzilla set looks neat too - I can’t recall watching the 2014 outing.

Last edited:
Alas the Battle Royale 4K UHD announcement was discussed in the Asian Cinema Thread. I have that and Donnie Darko UHD pre-ordered from HMV for when they release in April.

I recently picked up a selection of 4K titles from a US based eBay seller so I have some catching up to do with my 4K backlog. That Godzilla set looks neat too - I can’t recall watching the 2014 outing.
Oh neat a Battle Royale 4k set. I'll check that one out.

I kind of want Godzilla, I wasn't a fan of Donnie Darko but to be honest I haven't seen it in years either.

I'm keeping my eye on 4k announcements right now so I don't miss the promised collectors edition of the Lord of the Rings set that was announced. Btw Spaceballs is also coming to 4k

Just recently discovered that Jojo Rabbit will finally be released on 4K Ultra HD in the UK starting next month.

91Mri1XaWOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also spotted a UK listing for Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (which will mark as the 4th released anime on UHD in the UK).

I had no idea that JoJo Rabbit wasn't release on UHD here in the first place, but it's curious that Disney have chosen to release it on the format now. With any luck they'll release the other late Fox Searchlight film, Malick's masterful A Hidden Life....nah, who am I kidding

My copy of Demons/Demons 2 UHD had a postcard for True Romance, hopefully this is a future UHD announcement though a better BD release from Arrow would also be welcome.

Back