4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

I am pleased with True Romance getting a 4K release from them. I do wonder if this indicates that they may release a 4K version (or at least a new restoration) of another film released by them (in a barebones, arrow films release) a while ago, The Last of the Mohicans. While dated in some obvious ways, the film remains entertaining and is in need of a good restoration.

Besides, given how often the music from the soundtrack is ripped off, with the track Premontory being a clear example of this when I heard a blatant ripoff of it appear in the DanMachi spinoff Sword Oratoria of all things, a definitive release would be appreciated.

Have both True Romance UHD & the Arrow Store exclusive for Dario Argento's The Cat o' Nine Tails (Il gatto a nove code) pre-ordered direct.

A great selection of titles this month for Arrow.

I'll be getting that Argento. Hopefully Deep Red and Tenebrae aren't too far behind! Arrow are on a winning streak at the moment.

FYI, Tarantino only wrote True Romance - it's a Tony Scott-directed film, god rest his soul. Which reminds me that Top Gun is a terrific UHD that everyone should add to their collections.

Re: Tarantino, Arrow are known to be working on a UHD release of Inglorious Bastards but it hasn't been dated yet.

I am pleased with True Romance getting a 4K release from them. I do wonder if this indicates that they may release a 4K version (or at least a new restoration) of another film released by them (in a barebones, arrow films release) a while ago, The Last of the Mohicans. While dated in some obvious ways, the film remains entertaining and is in need of a good restoration.

With Mohicans, hopefully Arrow include the original theatrical cut like they did when releasing Michael Mann's Thief.

I'll be getting True Romance but what I really want is that 4K release of The Frighteners they teased (what feels like) a year ago!!!

As an FYI, the UHD release for Battle Royale has sold out on Arrow’s Webstore, not sure how the stock situation is elsewhere.

Boo. I was expecting another one of these, but I'm really not a fan of these sets where the only common link between the films is the distributor. I'm still waiting on a separate release of Lawrence of Arabia and I guess that I'll now be waiting a year plus for Taxi Driver as well.

Bit of info for fellow collectors: Not sure if anyone's interested but thought it a good thing to post here just in case I could help anyone out.
If anyone is wanting to pick up the Hellboy (2004) 4K HMV Exclusive Cine Edition I suggest getting it now because I just learned it's deleted as of 25th June after talking to a staff member in my local HMV. I waited to pick this up and had a bit of a hassle getting one in local stores and had to order online, they seem to have some stock online to buy but it won't be getting restocked in physical stores now that it's deleted.

If anyone is a Hellboy/Mignola enthusiast like me or you just like the movie it's a really nice edition with Mike Mignola art on the slipcover and digipack, a nice booklet, artcard replicas of all the different posters, a folded poster replica and it also has both cuts and a ton of features.

Last edited:
Lots of UHD announcements in recent weeks -

81JEQu+im8S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

StudioCanal will be releasing Joseph Losey's The Servant on September 20th. And also coming that day...
FB-IMG-1627653543185.jpg

13190215-1144878757584903.jpg

Arrow just announced this beauty for October 25th:

81bcCNyMCYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also coming that month:

71sRgeSkC4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
HallUHD_BeautyShot_postervinyl_72dpi.png

13362_tn.jpg

Rumour has it we can also look forward to Dracula, Frankenstein, Carlito's Way, and Scream that month as well.

Lots of UHD announcements in recent weeks -

81JEQu+im8S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

StudioCanal will be releasing Joseph Losey's The Servant on September 20th. And also coming that day...
FB-IMG-1627653543185.jpg

13190215-1144878757584903.jpg

Arrow just announced this beauty for October 25th:

81bcCNyMCYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also coming that month:

71sRgeSkC4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
HallUHD_BeautyShot_postervinyl_72dpi.png

13362_tn.jpg

Rumour has it we can also look forward to Dracula, Frankenstein, Carlito's Way, and Scream that month as well.
I'd really like to get the Halloween ones but damn those covers are god awful!!!!!!!!
Hopefully when they make it to these shores they commission some new artwork.....

Scream Factory's cover art is almost always atrocious - their Event Horizon cover might be the worst I've ever seen!

Scream Factory's cover art is almost always atrocious - their Event Horizon cover might be the worst I've ever seen!
I generally like their cover art, Texas Chainsaw part 2's art is better than the actual film!
I hadn't seen the Event Horizon one but just looked it up and yeah it's pretty awful!!
It's weird because some of the worst films have the best cover art, Vampires & Valentine to name but two.

Back