Your viewing journal

Tada Never Falls In Love episodes 10-13: avoided finishing this for a few days, as I expected the "open for a second series happyish ending". Lots of soppy emotional stuff for those into that. I just have trouble with the idea of a teenage girl about to become queen of a small European country, who is allowed to swan off and hang out with a Japanese high school boy

Onto a more realistic anime with Orphen. :)

Orphen episodes 1-10: They certainly took their time with storylines back in the dark ages (2002), didn't they? It's been taking two or three episodes to tell a story that in a more recent anime would take up about ten minutes. So much moody music and slow lingering shots across the landscape. Another shouty one, but it's more fun than other shouty anime.

Lupin the Third Part IV

I’ve been watching this in between episodes of other things but due to being a poorly boy for the past few days, I decided to finish it off.

More fun Lupin hi-jinx. I love the Zenigata dub. Makes me chuckle every time he gets frustrated. I know some people have issues with the story line arcs of the newer series but I quite like them. The fact that it’s a mix breaks the pacing up for me and I get reinvigorated to watch more. But then, also the episodic nature is a fun palette cleanser after watching g something like Yowamishi Pedal where a race will take 1.5 seasons 🤣

I think I might actually start part V tonight.

Air in Summer (English) - Episode 1 - 2 (Complete)

It was nice to see more of a certain group of characters from the latter half of the series which we only got a few episodes with originally.

Angel Cop 1-6
well this was ... something. went from an enjoyably silly romp that went at 100 miles an hour with all sorts of fun characters and explosions to a bizarre antisemitic wingnut rant about how the Jews have taken over America and Japan is next. what the hell.

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! 1-2
hey this is actually ok so far, a pleasant surprise. Lemon a cute.

Angel Cop 1-6
well this was ... something. went from an enjoyably silly romp that went at 100 miles an hour with all sorts of fun characters and explosions to a bizarre antisemitic wingnut rant about how the Jews have taken over America and Japan is next. what the hell.

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! 1-2
hey this is actually ok so far, a pleasant surprise. Lemon a cute.

Angel Cop is something. I recommend watching the last episode with the manga entertainment dub where they use a line from Ian Hislop 🤣

Dungeon People episode 4 Barehanded.

Quality Assurance in Another World episode 4 T-posing and tales.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 64 Doting.

Symphogear XV episodes 3-13 (Complete. The latest season to date and a very solid one to go out on from a character and stakes perspective. Symphogear has been quite the series to follow and I’m glad it got a western release.) 4/5

Tearmoon Empire
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fantasy comedy series from late 2023 that I overlooked when airing - a shame too as it was a likeable one.) 3.5/5

Tears to Tiara
episodes 1-4

2.5 Dimensional Seduction Episode 4

Days with My Stepsister Episode 4

Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells Episode 4

I Parry Everything Episode 4

Senpai is an Otokonoko Episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 64

The Café Terrace and It's Goddesses Season 2 Episode 16

I went straight for the just arrived item rather than keeping on track so
The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World went straight to the Blu-ray player.
Episodes 1-5 already. I'm liking the MC not being 100% goody goody.

Tsukimichi Moonlit Fantasy S2
Finished.

Seirei Gensouki
Finished

I watched the first episodes of
Tales of Wedding Rings
Cafe Terrace and it's Goddesses
Occult Academy

Maya is rather cool.

Orphen episodes 10-20: I swear at the end of episode 19, the VA said the next episode was the final one. Liars! I think this would be 1,000% better without all the serious plot getting in the way of the gang of idiots (and their cute wolf cub) wandering round the world and causing mayhem.

Back