Your viewing journal

A Nobody's Way Up to an Exploration Hero Episode 5

ATRI -My Dear Moments- Episode 3

Dahlia in Bloom: Crafting a Fresh Start with Magical Tools Episode 4

Plus-Sized Elf (Uncensored) Episode 4

Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World Episode 3

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! episode 3 Beach heroines.

Monogatari Series: OFF & Monster Season ONA 4 Decoy.

My Wife Has No Emotion episode 5 Expression.

Plus-Sized Elf episode 4 Begging.

The Elusive Samurai episode 4 On-target.

The Fable episode 17 New threats.

Tears to Tiara episodes 5-26 (Complete. This wasn’t one of the stronger fantasy anime I’ve seen but was worth the viewing.) 3/5

Tekkaman Blade
episodes 1-2

@Rui always good to read your new season overviews for shows, but what will you be sticking with this season?

My fairly certain list of watches:
  • Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
  • Bye Bye, Earth
  • Days With My Stepsister
  • The Elusive Samurai
  • Failure Frame
  • Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
  • SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary
  • Suicide Squad Isekai
  • Wistoria: Wand and Sword
I will be continuing with Oshi No Ko S2 as well as checking out the new Monogatari, being a big fan of the main line series.

Following on from my previous post I think these are all still good shows and worth trying!

I've hit episode 3 on everything so good place to update...
  • Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Great all-round animation, without dragging politics into this with the whole Russian thing, I'm liking the dynamics of the characters a lot and highly recommend this.
  • Bye Bye, Earth
Of all the shows I've listed I think this is the most mysterious one in some ways. The world has these factions and races that have their own reasons for what they do, but the reasons themselves still have a lot of questions.
  • Days With My Stepsister
I mentioned this in my prior post, not seen beyond that yet.
  • The Elusive Samurai
Too much tonal whiplash to be my anime of the season still, but really nice animation and an interesting story. I hate the comedy parts of this with a passion and wish it took itself more seriously.
  • Failure Frame
I mentioned this in my prior post, not seen beyond that yet.
  • Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
This is probably one of the better shows of the season, in terms of overall quality and the characters at least. This is romance with a twist and I like the fresh approach.
  • SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary
Not for everyone, but if you like Hyouka I'd still recommend it.
We had an episode about how good hot chocolate was made without getting the sink wet with washing up things.
  • Suicide Squad Isekai
Despite being made by Studio Wit I kind of find this a bit forgettable, it's not necessarily that it's bad, as it's not, but it's not as good as most of the rest of my list in my opinion.
  • Wistoria: Wand and Sword
Harry Potter x Mashle but way more serious. I'm liking this and the quality we're getting is amazing as well. This has some great world building and lore going on, though not quite as deep as Bye Bye, Earth, it wins on presentation hands-down.

Orphen episodes 21-24: Bit of a cop out ending, as Azalie appears to get away with her crimes. Not often a thwarted romance gets this out of hand. Also, I found Orphen and Azalie's relative ages appeared to keep changing in the flashbacks. Sometimes they're the same age, sometimes she's a year or two older, and then we have the scenes where she is his teacher. Maybe she just matured faster? The side characters were fun and kept me entertained through all the heavy and portentous scenes.

Psycho-Pass 3
Episode 1
Liked the new Inspectors enough.
Shion Karanomori is still in it so that'll keep me watching for a bit.
Wish I could remember why you know who is locked up!

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in another World
Episodes 6+7
Seika is a bit of a nasty sod sometimes. Great.
I'll have to admit I'm an Overpowered MC Isekai junkie.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest episode 4 Mage.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 17 Mutation.

My Deer Friend Nokotan episode 4 Passing days.

Narenare -Cheer for You!- episode 4 Good taste.

One Piece episode 1113 In chains.

Tower of God Season 2 episode 4 Cycle.

Tekkaman Blade episodes 3-18

Last edited:
I am supposed to be saving the second half for the weekend but couldn't resist.
The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in another World
Episodes 8+9
Fantastic 2 parter and a set up for the rest of the series.

Detective Conan
Episodes 29-31
Always a pleasure and one of my favourite opening songs.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Episode 4

Mission: Yozakura Family Episode 17

Shy Season 2 Episode 17

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 18

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible Episode 5

Sand Land: The Series (English) - Episode 7 - 13 (Complete)

Though it's been many, many years since I read the original manga, from what I remember this was a great adaptation of the story which the first six episodes covered.

The second half of the series had a new original story set in the land of Forest Land and I feel I enjoyed this even more than the Sand Land portion though they're both great.

Would love to see even more of the Sand Land IP expanded but with Toriyama's recent passing that will yet to be seen. I'd also love to see more non-DB Toriyama works animated in the future such as Kintoki, Neko Majin and Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (though the latter two are DB adjacent) or even a new anime for Dr. Slump.

I was also a fan of the type of CG they used for the animation, using a similar style to that of DBS: Super Hero, except that different studios worked on this as opposed to Toei with DB.

The English cast was great as well in my opinion.

I plan to pick up the video game adaptation as well eventually.

Undead Unluck (English) - Episode 7 - 10

Pokemon Master Journeys (English) - Episode 15 - 16

Mayonaka Punch episode 4 Meddle.

Shy 2nd Season episode 17 Signs of life.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 18 Good advice.

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible episode 5 Jewels.

Tekkaman Blade episodes 19-30

Last edited:
Back