Your viewing journal

Last night, re-watched first disc of "She Professed Herself Pupil Of The Wiseman" Blu-ray. Mira's not kidding when she states she's cute.
She also seems to forget how incredibly beautiful she is. 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

Mayonaka Punch episode 3 unavoidable.

Shy 2nd Season episode 16 Leader.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 17 Scheming.

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible episode 4 A voice.

Symphogear (Rewatch) episodes 3-13 (Complete. The season that kicks off the overall story and one worth the revisit as I work my way through all of them - thank you Discotek Media.) 3.5/5

Symphogear G (Rewatch)
episode 1

Tada Never Falls In Love episodes 1-9: Very strong Roman Holiday vibes. The foreign character's language/accents can get a bit irritating, but I suppose it's easier to understand than if I was reading subtitles of people speaking garbled Japanese. The story itself is entertaining and the cast of characters is you're typical mix of high schoolers falling in and out of love. The tension is building towards a big conclusion - will she choose love or duty?

Shy Season 2 Episode 16

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 17

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible Episode 4

Ayla Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian episode 4 Fielded feud.

Oshi no Ko 2nd Season episode 15 Sick.

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Season 2 episode 3 Cold-hearted.

Sengoku Youko 2nd Season episode 15 A new trio.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 episode 24 Absurdity. (Complete. My thoughts for this series are mixed as I just struggled to stay too invested in the story - the delays didn’t help matters either.) 2.5/5

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord’s Army Was a Human
episode 5 Goal.

Symphogear GX episodes 5-13 (Complete. This was another solid entry, hoping the others maintain this quality.) 3.5/5

Symphogear AXZ
episode 1

Kaiju No. 8 (English) - Episode 12 (Complete)

This was a solid shounen series, nothing groundbreaking but a good time. It was definitely overhyped but that's not the shows fault. I do look forward to seeing more of it though, I enjoyed the cast so want to see more of them.

Air (English) - Episode 11 - 12 (Complete)

This was quite the emotional ride, the show had a very lonely feeling to it which tied in with its themes but the vibes it gave off I absolutely loved. This is why I love anime from this era, it just has that something which rarely hits these days but that could be nostalgia playing a factor as well as despite this being the first time seeing the series, it being from the 2000's is what gives me that nostalgic feeling.

The highlight for me though was the final two episodes and I kind of wished it focused more on the aspects which those episodes focused on as I found that the most intriguing and heartfelt, especially compared to other parts of the series I wasn't as crazy about.

Overall though I was quite the fan of this series, now to watch Kanon and Clannad to complete the KyoAni Key trilogy.

Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feeling's in Russian Episode 4

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Season 2 Episode 15

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 Episode 37 (Complete)

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord's Army was a Human Episode 5

Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction ep0

Even being aware of how divisive the choice to open the series with a flash forward has been, I expected to enjoy this more than I did. Really did not care for that at all; perhaps I wasn’t in the mood for a snapshot of society in its death throes, but this just felt like a dreary retread of I Am A Hero without the dark humour. Episode 1 promises to be completely different, so I’ll watch that at least, but this may be a non-starter - if this is where it‘s going, I don’t feel much inclined to stick around.

Tonbo! Ep1-2

My first impression is very much ‘what if Barakamon, but golf’ and I am okay with that; it’s sweet without being overly saccharine and it seems like there’s enough substance to it that it doesn’t feel overly twee. Perhaps in these trying times, going to a quiet island where you can just hit a little white ball seems all the more appealing.

The Fable ep13

I’m a little surprised this has rolled straight on to a second cour, I was expecting a season’s gap at least. Especially as it seems like it hit what would have been a fine place to stop with this episode.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Episodes 15-25 + OVA COMPLETE (English dubbed) - I preferred Fate/Zero, but enjoyed this a lot too, though I feel the battle of ideals that the second half is centered on could have been better executed, felt a bit "shonen-y" in a way that somewhat lowered the quality of the series overall, but I am still glad I watched it and I will be watching the Heaven's Feel films soon as well :)

Iron Man: Rise of Technovore (English dubbed) - Mostly very good, though some of the humor felt slightly out of place and not true to what I've typically seen of Iron Man/Tony Stark, but overall it was a pleasing blend of anime and western superhero storytelling tropes, and I also appreciated the light echoes of Texhnolyze here and there (not surprising given that Hiroshi Hamasaki was involved). I liked this more than some of the lesser DCAU films though I am still a fan of those and tbf have not seen anything close to all of them even the ones that are most highly recommended :)

The Illusionist (REWATCH, French but doesn't require subs as doesn't really have any dialogue for the most part) - This film is like, Amelie levels of poignant, gorgeously visualised, beautifully scored loveliness, I loved Belleville Rendezvous but this is even better, such a fascinating blend of Chomet and Tati's sensibilities! I am more an animation than live-action viewer, and I also find my enjoyment of foreign films is a bit hit and miss, but I have seen quite a bit of Tati's stuff, and while I'm not a diehard fan I do appreciate his work and am glad I had seen his feature films before watching this :) Oh! Also, I rewatched this with Friend A who really liked it too and we cuddled our way through it lol :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 Episode 9 (REWATCH) - With Friend B, I love this episode especially the moment when
Giles is visibly touched that Buffy wants him to give her away at her wedding to Spike (before resuming his usual relative decorum and reiterating that this is obviously only happening because of some variety of supernatural shenanigan XD).
The whole thing is just such comedic gold! :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 7-9 (REWATCH) - With Friend C, currently on the two-parter that introduces
Kendra, the vampire slayer who came to be when Buffy was briefly dead at the end of S1. More stuff about Giles' past here too, I wonder if the photo of young Giles in a band is a real pic of Antony Stewart Head when he was young or?
:)

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor Episodes 2-??? (REWATCH, English dubbed) - continuing w Friend A but I'm not sure where we've actually gotten to in terms of Episode number as the Wikipedia plot summaries are a bit vague and the pop up menus on the Anime Limited CE Blu-ray don't show which ep you are on if you go to the episodes sub menu (I do have a note of the title, chapter, time etc. though so we can pick up where we left off next time). Continues to be a thoroughly enjoyable series :)

Cardcaptor Sakura Episodes 19-28 (REWATCH, English subbed) - Episode 27 was particularly magical, still really digging this show, I hope they give it a new uncut dub version with a better dub cast than the Funimation dub for Clear Card at some point, but the Japanese seiyuu are amazing :)

Ducktales (2017) Season 2 Episodes 1-6 - Def one of the best Disney animated shows, I vastly prefer this to what admittedly little I've seen of the older Ducktales, and I also like it better than The Owl House or Kim Possible (at least based on the first few episodes), I have ofc already seen Season 1 though that was a while ago :)

Last edited:
Back