Your viewing journal

Last night, entire first disc re-watch of Monster Girl Doctor. With Cristina Vee voicing Sapphie, I wonder why she didn't use that sweet voice for Rei in Sailor Moon Crystal instead of the lower voice she used? She did use her Ladybug voice for the new dub of the original Sailor Moon.

Heavy Metal L-Gaim OVA - Episodes 1, 2 & 3: Full Metal Soldier [Final]

L-Gaim is one of my favourite mecha shows and I'm itching to watch it again but I've been holding out for a Blu-ray, so I thought I'd watch the OVA again but all it's done is make me really want to watch the TV Series!!! The first 2 episodes are the usual clunky compilation jobs with a new skitch stuck on the end but the all new third episode is pure mecha magic and encapsulates what makes L-Gaim so special.

Space Emperor God Sigma - Episodes 21 - 27

Grendizer U - Episode 3

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episode 1 + bits of others

I rewatched bits of Gold Lightan ahead of recording my review on the mecha podcast.

Ayla Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian episode 5 Feeling different.

Oshi no Ko 2nd Season episode 16 Cruel countering.

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Season 2 episode 4 Protector.

Sengoku Youko 2nd Season episode 16 Long slumber.

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord’s Army Was a Human episode 6 Extra work.

Tekkaman Blade episodes 45-49 & OVAs (Complete. An engaging and often gritty mecha series which deserves more attention - maybe a Discotek license rescue would do it some good.) 4/5

Tekkaman Blade II
OVAs 1-6 (Complete. A decent successor despite some middling drama.) 3/5

Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feeling's in Russian Episode 5

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Season 2 Episode 16

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord's Army was a Human Episode 6

I've been rewatching The Eminence in Shadow S1. I wanted to distract myself from watching new stuff during the week.
Episodes 1-8 and it's still fun. Catching a few things I hadn't noticed and finding myself smiling loads.

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure
Episodes 1+2
Laughing a lot. Great pacing!

Last night, finished watching Management Of A Novice Alchemist on Blu-ray and started watching my new Blu-ray of The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure.

Days with My Stepsister Episode 5

Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells Episode 5

I Parry Everything Episode 5

The Café Terrace and It's Goddesses Season 2 Episode 17

My Love Story Episodes 10-24 COMPLETE (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Such a lovely series full of warm fuzzies, Takeo's such a sweetheart and I also like how they incorporated the ethnic/racial and body diversity stuff, it's done very organically with Takeo and his whole family in a way that was IMO just right. This is a great anime for when I wanna cheer up and need to feel better about the world and people, I will def rewatch this again in future, possibly with my PA as he really liked Takeo too when we watched it last time 🥰

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Film I/1 - Presage Flower (English dubbed) - A very good start to the story, I do love Shirou Emiya he's such a good boy 😭❤️ 🥰

Cardcaptor Sakura Episodes 29-35 (REWATCH, English subbed) - So this brings us to the halfway point/end of Season 1, I'm still really enjoying the show, am planning to rewatch Angelic Layer again soon as well (which is a bit similar, but faster paced and with a solid dub) :)

Ducktales (2017) Season 2 Episodes 7-12 - Still a rollicking good time! Nice to see
the boys reunited with their mum, hope Donald will be ok on the moon
XP

Watched last night:

Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian (subbed) Episodes 1-5. I'm really enjoying this one so far, even though it is one of my dreaded genres, a high school anime. All the girls in this are really cute, their eyes especially are all gorgeously drawn, so that is making it difficult for me to to decide on a Best Girl for this series... Alya herself is a very pretty silver/white haired character, but I kinda like the male MC's sister, too. aah, such are my life's major problems... 🤔

Back