What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It was such a travesty it didn't get a cinema release. Also hoping we get some boxset or the other for Devs.

(Off-topic, move on from this post everyone)

Just tell me where I have to kneel and beg to have both and I'm there!

Watching it now and loving it.

Was gutted reading that he'll stop directing for the moment to dedicate himself exclusively to screenwriting again. Even with Men, I loved the creativity displayed on some of the sequences (the tunnel scene is mindblowing) and its commitment to full daylight horror for like the first 30 or 40 minutes.

Alex Garland is one of the UK's greatest treasures, keep him safe 🙏

New arrivals!

Love-Live2199.jpg

GITSUK.jpg

Fate-Silent-Hero.jpg

Realist-Slime.jpg

October Haul #4

U38FLDDh.jpg

On Monday I received Anime Limited's yearly Unlimited membership magazine which is focused on their 2022 Scotland Loves Anime festival.

And then I took a trip to York which was supposed to be a combo between town shopping and a cinema trip, but a fire alarm went out and cancelled the screenings which included mine, so I had no choice but to leave early (that said, they did refund the money and I plan to re-attempt the film trip sooner than later).

kMtYwxah.jpg

Never-the-less we have 9 more manga volumes from Travelling Man. This time it was £60! Because I focused more on the Shonen Jump £7.99 volumes more than previous hauls to avoid the 3 for 2 offers going wrong like last time.

xrOz7EBh.jpg

First up, we have Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Volume 4 and Fist of the North Star Volume 3. These two are technically 1.5 volume type sets like the JoJo ones and I have no clue how long the English releases will go on for.

Qgg1wxBh.jpg

Then we have Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Volumes 4 & 5 which is mostly up to date (Volume 6 is out by now in some areas).

51UTsZkh.jpg

And because I wanted to get something from this store, I decided to get another batch of Jujutsu Kaisen with Volumes 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14. This covers most of the Shibuya Incident story arc which doesn't wrap up until Volume 16.

Mt0mofnh.jpg

7Scs5xgh.jpg

afB6skvh.jpg

QPijqrUh.jpg

bnMIbaoh.jpg

DgcWHnqh.jpg

EUFdi1Xh.jpg

Terracotta Distribution have been holding a sale on a number of Blu-rays, which have been on rotation each week. During the second week, I ordered three titles! Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Cure from distributor Eureka Entertainment, Tetsuya Mariko's Destruction Babies from distributor Third Window Films, and Yūdai Yamaguchi & Jun'ichi Yamamoto's Meatball Machine from distributor Terracotta.

fVk0mb6h.jpg

rNq3tw6h.jpg

Arriving today is The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (TV Series) collector's edition Blu-ray from Anime Limited. While it's not going to be the best release because Nozomi's premium has all of the on-disc and physical extras, the UK set is a decent release. The OVA series will arrive later. More photos & specs are available on my blog!

I basically threw Release the Spyce into my order only because it was on sale cheap for $20 - now it's back up to its normal $70 price tag. It's a little too CGDCT for my tastes, but what the heck.

Don't have a photo of it yet but my Spanish Neon Genesis Evangelion UE has arrived at my aunts house. I'll get it when she visits at Xmas.

I had a real panic today when they said it had been delivered and my aunt was like No, noone's been here. Turned out they left it at the bar/cafe/bakery in the plaza and didn't leave a note for my aunt. Luckily the owner came round and dropped it off!

My 8-year-old multi-region Panasonic BD player has developed a nasty habit of not being able to read the table of contents of blu-rays, meaning it refuses to try playing them most of the time, so I finally gave up on it and bought this multi-region version of the Sony X700 UHD player.

Pros: Based on initial testing it seems to play all the things. Blu-rays from different zones, as you would expect, but also trickier things like geoblocked blu-rays and region code enhanced DVDs. EDIT: it boots to the home screen pretty fast; about nine seconds.

Cons: it doesn't have as many streaming apps as I hoped, and the latest Sony firmware has broken the Prime Video app. The remote is a bit rubbish, giving streaming-related buttons prime real estate while cramming tiny, fiddly little buttons at the bottom for disc controls. EDIT: the home screen looks like it was designed in 10 minutes using Powerpoint.

IMAG0297.jpg

Last edited:
DA107285-550A-4F55-80E3-BA40B8D88E03.jpeg
As Nintendo shat the bed with their UK and EMEA websites when this went up for pre-order I ended up using a forwarding service from Japan. As a bonus this had the game included despite the listing saying it wouldn’t.

40D05E03-4AC3-4F5C-AD7E-59CB7481ACBB.jpeg
10181338-4237-4735-AB9D-4C6D06ADBF2A.jpeg
These now OOP Discotek titles also arrived. The cost was higher than RS but lower than scalpers prices. I’ll be keeping a careful eye on any potential candidates from their back catalogue that could go OOP next.

Last edited:
Back