I have no idea about the lotto, but will be finding out soon enough. In the meantime:
View attachment 25901
Lol good luck getting Scathatch

Small guide to the yearly lotto, if you look at the rewards (dog tags) page there are 300 rewards at 2 tags each. Those rewards refreash infinitely so you can get essentially get as much awesome stuff as the time you commit to the event.

Last edited:
Lol good luck getting Scathatch
Thanks dude, I'm plotting when to hurl all my remaining SQs at that when I'm feeling brave enough sometime this week heh.
Small guide to the yearly lotto, if you look at the rewards page there are 300 rewards at 2 tags each. Those rewards refreash infinitely so you can get essentially get as much awesome stuff as the time you commit to the event.
Good stuff and thanks for the info, I'll be taking a look. Sod's law that my week is looking rammed for the point where I need time for this event. Oh well, I'm sure I'll manage to make up time over the weekend and have some apples saved up. Unless of course my family grab my phone and wallop me with it for ignoring them...

Lol I been sneakily grinding on the side at work, shhh :p

My strat is to use day 1 to clean up what I want from the normal reward shop (I want those mats mostly). Legendary difficulty seems to have the best drops for those currencies. My Lancelot and Saber Alter are doing work on this lol.

The hero difficulty (the one below it) seems to exclusively drop tags so that will be my main grind until 2nd phase.

Ah I see, I didn't try those term quests and stupidly started with the grail front and promptly got my @$$ handed right back to me heh. Sigh, too tired for grail chess, but will try the term quests instead if they're more of what I'm used to heh.
The hero difficulty (the one below it) seems to exclusively drop tags so that will be my main grind until 2nd phase.
Ah, good to know thanks. Let's see if I get more time at this tomorrow as I definitely need those mats too! Happy hunting and I'll be picking your brains later I'm sure either if I struggle, or blow my SQs with no Ms Scáthach to show for them, but hopefully neither of those!

Ah I see, I didn't try those term quests and stupidly started with the grail front and promptly got my @$$ handed right back to me heh. Sigh, too tired for grail chess, but will try the term quests instead if they're more of what I'm used to heh.

Ah, good to know thanks. Let's see if I get more time at this tomorrow as I definitely need those mats too! Happy hunting and I'll be picking your brains later I'm sure either if I struggle, or blow my SQs with no Ms Scáthach to show for them, but hopefully neither of those!
I guess that might be tough without a good roster of servants yeah. Good luck man. And again hope you get Scathatch. Try and find a day when she is the only character on the banner for maximum odds (if such a day is planned for this banner, I dunno I haven't checked).

Last edited:
I guess that might be tough without a good roster of servants yeah. Good luck man. And again hope you get Scathatch. Try and find a day when she is the only character on the banner for maximum odds (if such a day is planned for this banner, I dunno I haven't checked).

Hahaha, that video is pretty funny anyway but the end is just hilarious! Didn't get a chance to post earlier but thought that before turning in last night I'd use some of my summoning tickets in the first instance to get some event CEs to maximize the eventual lotto runs, which I did manage to get very happily, in addition to a silver Berserker that turned gold (I don't think I'll ever get over the thrill when that happens heh) giving Tamamo Cat, so was thinking this is going nicely, with a bonus in addition to those CEs. So happy with results already by the time of my final pull at the twentieth ticket with the always appreciated bonus card that ended up being a silver lancer, which then: haaaaaa!! turns gold and I'm thinking ah nice, here comes Fion (or whatever his name is)...

...but it was this beaut instead:
Screenshot_20220822-234501_FateGO.jpg
Suffice to say.... HAPPY EFFING DAYS!!! Ah, I can rest easy now and change "Gacha!!" in that last cartoon to "Lotto!!" seeing as the non grail-front events have me hooked as well heh. Clearly doesn't take much for me with FGO it seems...

The wriggling Altera hasn't lost it's magic even after 3 years of being a pull meme. Congratulations.

Just to let you know the CEs in the gacha are pretty bad for the lotto. You want to buy up the four in the event shop instead asap. Another bit of advice as you are new to the lotto grind but you will also want to clean the entire lotto pool before refreashing, even if you get the grand prize early. Reason being is everything else in the pool is what you really want. It's 600 dog tags to empty a single lotto pool of items, so 6000 for all 10 grand prizes (I currently am sitting on a healthy 15,000 tags).

The wriggling Altera hasn't lost it's magic even after 3 years of being a pull meme. Congratulations.

Just to let you know the CEs in the gacha are pretty bad for the lotto. You want to buy up the four in the event shop instead asap. Another bit of advice as you are new to the lotto grind but you will also want to clean the entire lotto pool before refreashing, even if you get the grand prize early. Reason being is everything else in the pool is what you really want. It's 600 dog tags to empty a single lotto pool of items, so 6000 for all 10 grand prizes (I currently am sitting on a healthy 15,000 tags).
Thanks dude! And also for the top tip on the CEs, I didn't notice that the shop CEs were for the lotto items so that's really good to know. Yeah, being the completionist hoarder that I am, I was thinking there is no way I'm refreshing that pool until I've bled it dry, so will definitely follow your advice. I can imagine that in the process of the lotto clearance will get more than enough of the other currency for the shop mats as well. You're on 15k already?! That's impressive man! I'll probably have time later in the week to catch up heh.

You're on 15k already?! That's impressive man! I'll probably have time later in the week to catch up heh.
I am the bone of my tags
Servants are my body and CEs are my blood
I have eaten over a thousand apples
Unknown to three turning
Nor known to stalls
Have withstood NP animations to farm many tags
Yet, my box will never hold all those embers
So as I pray
Unlimited lotto works

I may or may not have been doing some runs while things were quiet at work again lol. I won't have that time tomorrow though.

I am the bone of my tags
Servants are my body and CEs are my blood
I have eaten over a thousand apples
Unknown to three turning
Nor known to stalls
Have withstood NP animations to farm many tags
Yet, my box will never hold all those embers
So as I pray
Unlimited lotto works

I may or may not have been doing some runs while things were quiet at work again lol. I won't have that time tomorrow though.
Hahaha, ah you joker, that cracked me up!! I'm copying and saving that one heheh.

Good on you for being efficient with your time heh. My work this week is just not conducive at all for any farming, and have tried to at least use and refill the freebie AP at least. Definitely going up have the munchies for dem apples come this weekend and the next week though!

Current grind count with only a few days to go is 42,000 tags. Will aim for another 6000 tomorrow for a cool 80 full lotto clears. 2000 embers will be great to have.
Nice one, I've lost count of mine as have been claiming and using mats for some levelling up, but am carrying on still whilst the event is ongoing. Lostbelts? What are those again? But yeah, it's still good fun and very rewarding so doesn't feel like a grind so much.

The grail front on the other hand, I didn't really enjoy. Managed to clear them all eventually after getting stuck on the fifth one. Having watched some youtube videos I realized my usual "all enemies must be utterly obliterated" strategy was not the point here heh. Using Ms Scathach to solo hop along and CRUSH beat the master in the last one with under 200hp left was incredibly satisfying though!

Nice one, I've lost count of mine as have been claiming and using mats for some levelling up, but am carrying on still whilst the event is ongoing. Lostbelts? What are those again? But yeah, it's still good fun and very rewarding so doesn't feel like a grind so much.

The grail front on the other hand, I didn't really enjoy. Managed to clear them all eventually after getting stuck on the fifth one. Having watched some youtube videos I realized my usual "all enemies must be utterly obliterated" strategy was not the point here heh. Using Ms Scathach to solo hop along and CRUSH beat the master in the last one with under 200hp left was incredibly satisfying though!
I haven't spent any yet, just accumulating them right now as the lotto stays open for a few days after the event ends. If you are interested you could probably maths it by seeing what lotto number you are on lol.

I didn't have much trouble with grail front. I enjoyed the three live berserker one as my Abby solod it without even touching the enemy master lol.

Last edited:
If you are interested you could probably maths it by seeing what lotto number you are on lol.
Oh yeah, I didn't notice they still give you lot numbers after 10. Looking now, I'm on lot 20 so weeeelll behind you senpai!!
I didn't have much trouble with grail front. I enjoyed the three live berserker one as my Abby solod it without even touching the enemy master lol.
Wow I'm jealous, that's exactly what I'd have wanted to do. Clearly I am a rubbish strategist as really the only class I'm lacking any 4* and above characters is the Rider one...

The ticking time bomb of modern free-to-play games

Interesting article, which reminded me why I will always want hard copies of my media whenever possible! Gacha's massive gambling issues aside, knowing the transient nature of these games, people who can stay free-to-play, or restrict themselves to putting in small amounts of money only, shouldn't really be so put off. The experience isn't any more transient than trips to Alton Towers or paying for coffee in a cafe. Though I do agree with the point on posterity, that if the games could be retained in some format for future generations, without the threat of litigation, that would be ideal. Certainly felt this way about a lot of my favourite LucasArts point & click adventures until the advent of the glorious Steam.

That aside, they'd better not effing touch FGO...

Back