What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

What are the dimensions of that Blood-C set? I need to make space on the appropriate bookshelf for it. Mine won't be here for another week or so since I'm over in the US.

So, it's not inside a chipboard slipbox, just basically a bare digi-book? That really sucks, I probably would have cancelled mine, then, and just went with the LE set. Even the US Attack on Titan LE digi-books come with a slipbox for each season. :(

Last edited:
What are the dimensions of that Blood-C set? I need to make space on the appropriate bookshelf for it. Mine won't be here for another week or so since I'm over in the US.

So, it's not inside a chipboard slipbox, just basically a bare digi-book? That really sucks, I probably would have cancelled mine, then, and just went with the LE set. Even the US Attack on Titan LE digi-books come with a slipbox for each season. :(
It has a slipcover, but it's not rigid by any definition.

It has a slipcover, but it's not rigid by any definition.

Oh, Ok, well that's better than nothing - I just wanted some outside protection for it after it's unwrapped. Still, a slip box would have been much better - especially with the length of delay we had to wait for it.

Someone please let me know what the dimensions are, looks like it may be bigger than A4? Thanks!

Last edited:
@Girls with Guns 29x20x2.5cm Not 100% accurate but should be close enough for reference

@Relaxo

Thank you @unknownfate, so that is all but A4 size, just a cm short on each side. So only an inch thick, I thought it would be a liitle wider, but that's Ok. So yeah, it wont fit in my regular media shelves, since it's larger than the Escaflowne and Patema Inverted UE sets, which just fit flush into my media shelves with less than a centimeter clearance at the top. This one will have to go upstairs in my anime bookshelf, where I keep all the larger anime box sets like the Evangelion UE, Ghost in the Shell UE, B: The Beginning UE, the Japanese Garden of Sinners LE Box set, and the AL Fullmetal Alchemist resin gate UE.

Last edited:
August Haul - Batch #05

tLeOKuhh.jpg

UrIifAyh.jpg

Arrived a couple of days ago is the Shaw Brothers release that I had to locate on eBay to secure a slipcase. Disciples of Shaolin (洪拳小子) was the second release in 88 Film's latest batch after The Chinese Boxer so it's no surprise both of these films were sold out on their first print runs. That now leaves me with five more left in this batch which I plan to sort out later this year.

XRyDfnNh.png

Been a couple of months since I last made a Discotek Media batch order so here we are with nine more additions to the collection. Due to the distributor's warning that some stuff may discontinue to make room for other titles, the haul is a mixture of titles that have been released recently to all of the way back in 2017.

£266 ($321) worth of stuff, ranging from the classics all the way to dumb girl with banana show. I ordered these via United Publications because ordering from Rightstuf would cost about £50+ more due to high postage costs.

wN3az1Xh.jpg

LIPmoR5h.jpg

A29x0Gnh.jpg

lK3nIq0h.jpg

Q3CteLNh.jpg

v4pxf4Ph.jpg

bhmCo8Vh.jpg

kMXGlTph.jpg

wvC9wGgh.jpg

g0jUkbfh.jpg

Actually I am..., a fun harem comedy series which went into a bit of a different direction from the manga but I enjoyed it when it was airing. Aho-Girl, from the creator of Girlfriend Girlfriend, a short series that is part of Discotek's limited run so I figured I'll get it sooner than later. Demon City Shinjuku, from legendary director Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Last time I watched a Kawajiri film was Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust years ago so its nice to own another classic of his.

XF2DA4Bh.jpg

zSHMc6Xh.jpg

WzgFSPlh.jpg

QA80ctGh.jpg

yA8h5FOh.jpg

OLSkYDXh.jpg

IzWA72wh.jpg

6mZIOquh.jpg

Xwk6CvMh.jpg

cKxBwUZh.jpg

Holmes of Kyoto is a series that had me curious with the synopsis so I decided to pick it up. Also on a limited run. New Getter Robo, part of the classic Getter Robo franchise and directed by Jun Kawagoe. Super Robot Wars V convinced me to check out this franchise so I picked this one. Sorcerer Hunters, classic 90s Xebec series and directed by Kōichi Mashimo. One of the many retro anime that I wanted to check out.

bx6PDtTh.jpg

kfZHjSXh.jpg

DS18AW7h.jpg

YUqWzygh.jpg

AdpwQeEh.jpg

gJpIqdvh.jpg

a4dMltUh.jpg

fPzFkUxh.jpg

iHfwEaHh.jpg

vLO5MhVh.jpg

Star Ocean EX, an anime adaptation of Star Ocean 2 from director Hiroshi Watanabe! With Star Ocean: The Divine Force coming soon, I figured I would check out this series from 2001. Submarine Super 99, from Leiji Matsumoto! A bit of a random pick to start with from the many works Discotek has already put out but it's standalone so it helps. Wicked City, another Kawajiri film. The UK release did not include the British dub so I opted for Discotek's instead. This is a film that I had been meaning to check out for years so I am looking forward to it.

TUIyvCHh.jpg

And there we have it. 9 Discotek titles join the collection. There's still 150+ more to get but I have to start somewhere.

August Haul - Batch #05

tLeOKuhh.jpg

UrIifAyh.jpg

Arrived a couple of days ago is the Shaw Brothers release that I had to locate on eBay to secure a slipcase. Disciples of Shaolin (洪拳小子) was the second release in 88 Film's latest batch after The Chinese Boxer so it's no surprise both of these films were sold out on their first print runs. That now leaves me with five more left in this batch which I plan to sort out later this year.

XRyDfnNh.png

Been a couple of months since I last made a Discotek Media batch order so here we are with nine more additions to the collection. Due to the distributor's warning that some stuff may discontinue to make room for other titles, the haul is a mixture of titles that have been released recently to all of the way back in 2017.

£266 ($321) worth of stuff, ranging from the classics all the way to dumb girl with banana show. I ordered these via United Publications because ordering from Rightstuf would cost about £50+ more due to high postage costs.

wN3az1Xh.jpg

LIPmoR5h.jpg

A29x0Gnh.jpg

lK3nIq0h.jpg

Q3CteLNh.jpg

v4pxf4Ph.jpg

bhmCo8Vh.jpg

kMXGlTph.jpg

wvC9wGgh.jpg

g0jUkbfh.jpg

Actually I am..., a fun harem comedy series which went into a bit of a different direction from the manga but I enjoyed it when it was airing. Aho-Girl, from the creator of Girlfriend Girlfriend, a short series that is part of Discotek's limited run so I figured I'll get it sooner than later. Demon City Shinjuku, from legendary director Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Last time I watched a Kawajiri film was Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust years ago so its nice to own another classic of his.

XF2DA4Bh.jpg

zSHMc6Xh.jpg

WzgFSPlh.jpg

QA80ctGh.jpg

yA8h5FOh.jpg

OLSkYDXh.jpg

IzWA72wh.jpg

6mZIOquh.jpg

Xwk6CvMh.jpg

cKxBwUZh.jpg

Holmes of Kyoto is a series that had me curious with the synopsis so I decided to pick it up. Also on a limited run. New Getter Robo, part of the classic Getter Robo franchise and directed by Jun Kawagoe. Super Robot Wars V convinced me to check out this franchise so I picked this one. Sorcerer Hunters, classic 90s Xebec series and directed by Kōichi Mashimo. One of the many retro anime that I wanted to check out.

bx6PDtTh.jpg

kfZHjSXh.jpg

DS18AW7h.jpg

YUqWzygh.jpg

AdpwQeEh.jpg

gJpIqdvh.jpg

a4dMltUh.jpg

fPzFkUxh.jpg

iHfwEaHh.jpg

vLO5MhVh.jpg

Star Ocean EX, an anime adaptation of Star Ocean 2 from director Hiroshi Watanabe! With Star Ocean: The Divine Force coming soon, I figured I would check out this series from 2001. Submarine Super 99, from Leiji Matsumoto! A bit of a random pick to start with from the many works Discotek has already put out but it's standalone so it helps. Wicked City, another Kawajiri film. The UK release did not include the British dub so I opted for Discotek's instead. This is a film that I had been meaning to check out for years so I am looking forward to it.

TUIyvCHh.jpg

And there we have it. 9 Discotek titles join the collection. There's still 150+ more to get but I have to start somewhere.
I just pray my Aho Girl copy makes it though UP1 🙏
That limited print run number sticker is very worrying 😰

Back