What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Picked up from a local store today! - Put in a spoiler in case mods thinks it‘s too NSFW (no nudity, though).
r8v7qmc5kwi91.jpg

Oy! They really need to do an anime for that, lol. 😁

So I'm not one for Magical Girl series, and have completely avoided all except for the god-tier Madoka Magica, but I was considering trying out Magic Knight Rayearth since it sounds like it's an isekai to a medieval-type fantasy world, perhaps? Knights and princesses and mages and all that? And, AL has such a nice CE box for it. Does Rayearth have repetetive, lengthy, involved transformation scenes for all the characters like Sailor Moon? That's my big turnoff with these MG shows. That and MG series tending to be waaay too cutesy for me. I've only ever seen the first episode of Rayearth but so long ago I don't remember much of anything. Sell it for me, lol.

I'm anxious to see that digipak inside, but I generally never open my anime up until I'm ready to watch them. Although, this one is in a resealable bag... Ok, it's been violated!

fgosolomon3.jpg
Quick question but what do these boxes look like on a shelf? As I slowly buy up the aniplex releases I'll find out eventually but those FGO boxes are so unique.

So I'm not one for Magical Girl series, and have completely avoided all except for the god-tier Madoka Magica, but I was considering trying out Magic Knight Rayearth since it sounds like it's an isekai to a medieval-type fantasy world, perhaps? Knights and princesses and mages and all that? And, AL has such a nice CE box for it. Does Rayearth have repetetive, lengthy, involved transformation scenes for all the characters like Sailor Moon? That's my big turnoff with these MG shows. That and MG series tending to be waaay too cutesy for me. I've only ever seen the first episode of Rayearth but so long ago I don't remember much of anything. Sell it for me, lol.
FlipFlappers is technically a magical girl show but it kinda gets pretty dark, i don't tend to like them either but i love this purely because of Papika
for reference i hated Madoka Magica as i felt it felt a bit too emo purely to set a point that it wasn't a typical maho shojou

FlipFlappers is technically a magical girl show but it kinda gets pretty dark, i don't tend to like them either but i love this purely because of Papika
for reference i hated Madoka Magica as i felt it felt a bit too emo purely to set a point that it wasn't a typical maho shojou

Darker the better for me, maybe I'll actually check out Flip Flappers then, totally ignored that one when it came out. Madoka Magica I loved because of the fact that it ripped Magical Girls shows to shreds with it's darkness, lol.

I'm anxious to see that digipak inside, but I generally never open my anime up until I'm ready to watch them. Although, this one is in a resealable bag... so Ok, it's now been violated!

fgosolomon3b.jpg

fgosolomon4.jpg

fgosolomon5.jpg

You're the best! Yeah, that looks so good. Huge, colorful artwork for the digipak - but still very subtle on the booklet covers and the discs themselves so it doesn't become too much, visually. Classy!

Quick question but what do these boxes look like on a shelf? As I slowly buy up the aniplex releases I'll find out eventually but those FGO boxes are so unique.

Unfortunately, Aniplex wants to keep alternating between G1 and G2 box sizes for the FGO series, and I like to line up my shelves with DVD-height G1 boxes on the left, and then the Blu-ray-height G2 boxes after those. So my Fate series is lined up a bit out of order on my shelf. The FGO sets for the original movie, Babylonia I & II, and Solomon have no text on the front spines, but you can display them with the rear sides out, which do have text on the J-cards, if you prefer:

fateseries1.jpg

fateseries2.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Aniplex wants to keep alternating between G1 and G2 box sizes for the FGO series, and I like to line up my shelves with DVD-height G1 boxes on the left, and then the Blu-ray-height G2 boxes after those. So my Fate series is lined up a bit out of order on my shelf. The FGO sets for the original movie and Solomon have no text on the spines, but you can display them with either side out, whichever you prefer:

fateseries1.jpg

fateseries2.jpg
Ah good old anime inconsistency. Thanks for the image :).

Unfortunately, Aniplex wants to keep alternating between G1 and G2 box sizes for the FGO series, and I like to line up my shelves with DVD-height G1 boxes on the left, and then the Blu-ray-height G2 boxes after those. So my Fate series is lined up a bit out of order on my shelf. The FGO sets for the original movie, Babylonia I & II, and Solomon have no text on the front spines, but you can display them with the rear sides out, which do have text on the J-cards, if you prefer:

fateseries1.jpg

fateseries2.jpg
It's interesting seeing them all side by side. Need to get them already. I don't bother with some (UBW and Heaven's Feel I have the lesser collector's set and that's good enough for me considering the better ones are impossible to get now) but I do need to get a few of the others. Got Aporcypha at one point, and either Case Files or Extra will likely be the next targets. They are just so expensive...

Back